What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

So far:
Storm v Dragons @ Olympic 14,870
Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp 45,022
Warriors v Eels @ Mt Smart 17,477
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles @ ANZ 19,791
Sharks v Panthers @ Toyota 10,117
Titans v Knights @ Skilled 16,203
Roosters v Rabbitohs @ SFS 24,486

7 games: 147,966, avg 21,138

mattyg

Bench
disgraceful crowd on the GC...shoulda been 20k + easily. Dogs crowd was about 5k less than it woulda been AT LEAST coz of the rain. Sounded like 30k though with everyone bunched up at the back to avoid the rain. Good crowd for Roosters v Souths

yakstorm

First Grade
On the plus for Gold Coast, that crowd verse the Knights is actually up 7% on their crowd last year, and 6% on the average the Titans draw against Newcastle.

2008 - 15136
2007 - 15306

BWNB

First Grade
Can't believe anyone is bagging the Sharks crowd, yes we haven't had good crowds recently but last night was dreadful. I was regretting going down there, I have never seen it so bad, there is limited cover at the ground and even the Southern grandstand ( the covered one) was exposed to the rain.
It may have looked like 600 on TV but everyone was under the Peter Burns stand or at sound relief.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Even if Cambo is a sell out.. Round one will be classified as dissappointing in regards to attendance... Blame the rain in Cronulla or the Sun in Robina but either way u slice it... Its a bad result...

Ausguy

Coach
Put things into context
  • Sharks have no fans
  • Played against Panthers who don't inspire anyone
  • Barely any Panthers fans travelled to the Shire
  • It was pissing down rain, much worse than ANZ
I agree

I've never been to Toyota, but it looks like a sh*thole (no offence Sharks fans).

It will defo be the worst venue in the NRL next season and the SFS is probably the best venue at the moment *waits for Broncos fans to get the sh*ts*. They'd probably get more money from the SFS too.

Problem is, who is gonna buy Shark Park from them?

Not sure where to start with this one....:sarcasm:

You have never been there but from tv it looks like a sh*thole? Thats credible.

And it will defo be the worst ground in the NRL next season.... based on what???

Im very interested to hear your answers on this. Or is it another case of lets just get rid of cronulla cos that would be good for the game???

Ausguy

Coach
was i talking to you?

my point is how can one who has not been there judge.

More to the point i want to know why its the worst in the nrl when we still have grounds similar to toyota pk eg suburban grounds..... i wait with anticipation at Arsenal's reply based on what facts?

BWNB

First Grade
was i talking to you?

my point is how can one who has not been there judge.

More to the point i want to know why its the worst in the nrl when we still have grounds similar to toyota pk eg suburban grounds..... i wait with anticipation at Arsenal's reply based on what facts?

Liechart isn't that good either...

KHunt

Juniors
Surprised the Broncos Cowboys game got 5000 less than the crowd last year. What could be the reason for this?

DINGb@T

Juniors
Just got back from Robina- wow, it was hot. There's gonna be a lot of sunburnt Titans fans walking around the Gold Coast tomorrow. Can't imagine it would have effected the crowd though as it was absolutely clear weather. Was very disappointing (like the $4 bottles of coke).

Pity about the other games with the rain down south but we should still get an average over 20,000 which isn't a bad start. Weird how we undercut a lot of the targets though with the Warriors and Broncos getting 'unsold sellouts'.

With the Bunnies on fire we should see a decent crowd from them next week which should continue the solid start to the season.

Ausguy

Coach
Liechart isn't that good either...

Yeah i agree, i didnt want to mention any grounds. League followers know the grounds im refering to.

Honeslty though... id prefer to go there than ANZ.... i love being close to the game.

anyway fighting a losing battle in the nrl forum, you cant put brains in statues. Im outta here.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
About 13k tomorrow at C'town IMO.

We'll just stay above 20k if that's the case.

Next week IMO:

Rabbitohs v Eels @ ANZ - 23,000
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp - 41,000
Dragons v Titans @ WIN - 15,000
Panthers v Bulldogs @ CUA - 13,000 (mostly 'Dogs fans)
Cowboys v Tigers @ DFS - 21,000
Raiders v Roosters @ Canberra - 14,000
Sea Eagles v Warriors @ Brookvale - 14,500
Sharks v Knights @ Toyota - 12,800

Total 154,300 Avg 19,288

innsaneink

Referee

And it will defo be the worst ground in the NRL next season.... based on what???

Im very interested to hear your answers on this. Or is it another case of lets just get rid of cronulla cos that would be good for the game???
Ive never been to rosemeadow, but from seeing it on TV, it sure looks a sh*thole

yeah the crowd should have been better,

we have fans. but they need prodding along. after years of failure and piss weak efforts when it counts..some are reluctant to spend their money and get to the games. also. its not like where in the ET days here. 2 tries a game is a good day!

also. foxtel is a factor. if you can sit in your house with a beer and yell at the television, flick over to sound relief and then come back 10 minutes later then your gunna do that rather than drive out in the rain, risking potential car accidents, pay for a ticket...get wet etc.

theres not exactly alot of cover at cronulla either.

on a side note.

i saw people standing on the powerline hill during the lightning storm.

they need their heads checked

NK Arsenal

Juniors

So a venue that has no atmosphere (I guess it would help if fans turned up) and little cover for seats is an awesome ground?

You must have pretty low standards my friend.

If this doesn't look like a sh*thole than I don't know what it is

sydney_toyota1.jpg

I don't support the "get rid of cronulla for the good of the game" argument, but to be honest it would not be much of a loss is they were forced to die.

Latest posts