What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Bluebags1908

Juniors

So far:
Storm v Dragons @ Olympic 14,870
Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp 45,022
Warriors v Eels @ Mt Smart 17,477
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles @ ANZ 19,791
Sharks v Panthers @ Toyota 10,117
Titans v Knights @ Skilled 16,203
Roosters v Rabbitohs @ SFS 24,486

7 games: 147,966, avg 21,138

That Gold Coast crowd is dreadful! There was no excuse to not get 20,000+ for the opening game of the season on a sunny day. The Bulldogs got 19,000 in a thunderstorm. So much for kicking out Sydney teams (and yes, and I know Cronula's crowd wasn't good either - but at least they had an excuse with the diabolical weather).

beave

Coach
i reckon the 16k posted at the GC was slightly inflated...............it didnt look like there was that many there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think the argument is "get rid of Cronulla" - more that Toyota Park isn't pulling it's weight as an RL venue and Cronulla need to explore their options as to where they're playing.

The only excuse I can think of for the Titans is they didn't know the game started at 1, not 2. Even then, the crowd is still poor, but there's still 11 games for them to improve.

OVP

Coach
Great promotion by the Roosters today. What a pity the players didnt give a rats.

BWNB

First Grade
I don't think the argument is "get rid of Cronulla" - more that Toyota Park isn't pulling it's weight as an RL venue and Cronulla need to explore their options as to where they're playing.
Where do you suggest we play?

so then were not "cronulla"

just sharks.

play anywhere. no real tie with a community etc. like wests "5 home grounds" tigers.

and lets get down to brass tax here. most of our fans are in the shire and they dont travel over tom ugley's bridge. theyre unlikely to turn out at the sfs.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors

just sharks.

play anywhere. no real tie with a community etc. like wests "5 home grounds" tigers.

and lets get down to brass tax here. most of our fans are in the shire and they dont travel over tom ugley's bridge. theyre unlikely to turn out at the sfs.
Precisely. The Sharks are dying in the shire and have no future else where!

It's time to go..... Cronulla!

Timmah

Staff member

just sharks.

They don't travel as far as f**king Woolooware! That's the problem!

great.

so kick out a team because it rained.

meanwhile in the "heartland" 17k turned up on a fine day.

20 odd thousand turned out for the "biggest rivalry in the game". on a a sunday arvo in fine weather.

this is why we should have played bird. we're held with contempt and laughed at to begin with. at least if we had played bird we could have won the game. its not like we were gunna be losing any fans by playing the bad guy.

They don't travel as far as f**king Woolooware! That's the problem!

so moving them further away is gunna achieve what?

its not as if the people of the adelaide or the central coast are going to embrace a team who's history is losing. people arent stupid. they want something good, or something new. their own.

you live there timmah (or so i assume). would the fine folk of the central coast accept the "sharks"?

BWNB

First Grade
I go to most games Timmah, i dont mind traveling but too bad the other fans don't like it.
I say if you dont have anything good to say about the Sharks don't say it at all.

Timmah

Staff member
Don't adopt the siege mentality. We're not allowed to, neither should you be. I'm not even attacking your club - I'm stating, with facts, that there is a very worrying problem out Cronulla way. It doesn't lie with Saturday's crowd, but an ongoing pattern which resulted in you being the lowest drawing Sydney team in 2008... a year you came THIRD.

I want a solution as much as you and I'm worried for Cronulla's sake it's not Toyota Park.

Latest posts