What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh, I'm dreaming if I'm comparing anything but what is convenient to allow QLDers to bash NSW?

I'm just making the obvious statement that what's good for the goose isn't good enough for the gander. Some QLDers are total hypocrites.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Oh, I'm dreaming if I'm comparing anything but what is convenient to allow QLDers to bash NSW?

I'm just making the obvious statement that what's good for the goose isn't good enough for the gander. Some QLDers are total hypocrites.

Whatever, mate. Let's face it, an ordinary crowd in Brisbane is much better than a good one in Sydney. How about that World Cup semi-final. Outstanding stuff, cockroaches!

Spin it however you like. Sydney crowds are crap.

Timmah

Staff member
Spin? That's what QLDers are all about.

Again, if you had 102 games per season up there, I wonder how your crowds would fair...

Ice Ice Brady... can you tell me how a capacity crowd at Wade Park = RIP CvC?

Sam I Am

Juniors
Spin? That's what QLDers are all about.

Again, if you had 102 games per season up there, I wonder how your crowds would fair...

Who knows how they'd fare. Luckily each of the NRL teams in Queensland are run professionally, market the game and do their utmost to get people through the gate. You see that every week.

Why you get such rubbish crowds down south is for you to speculate, but the way you are running your teams into the ground the good news is that you won't have 102 games a season for much longer. :lol:

Coaster

Bench
Queensland teams, have never had to deal with inflated salaries and gross over payments though influxed pokie payments.

Funny how here on the coast we seen it best, how Seagulls ect and Tweed clubs siphoned money from the dumb, and fed a gold rush on Queensland talent, to act like monkeys for there flashy product.

The tables havnt turned, they have just balanced and now these same clubs that have expected excess returns for little result, are struggling to grip the reality that is an honest living.

Timmah

Staff member
Yes, it's all coming to an end... :crazy:

F**k me you QLD morons are nutters...

Sam I Am

Juniors
Yes, it's all coming to an end... :crazy:

F**k me you QLD morons are nutters...

Nice comeback. Guess the cold, hard statistics that reflect the apathy of the average Sydney league fan are too hard to defend. I feel for you. :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
Suncorp couldn't sell out a TEST match.

Wade Park SOLD OUT a CITY-COUNTRY game.

Using the logic that Queenslanders use, we should merge the Broncos and the Titans, and from now on play all rep matches and the Grand Final at Wade Park, Orange, because it's a guaranteed sell-out!

Connie Kreski

Juniors
Let's stop posting about crowds.

More attended crap fumbleball suburban game tonight in dud weather than the combined...

jeez, I don't get it.

Loudstrat

Coach
LOL at Queenslanders - who get no more games per year than Melbourne.

Queensland is starved of decent RL. Yet, they are too gutless to do anything to have more games. Except their one big plan. Take the GF of Sydney. Makes only one more game. But it does decimate Sydney.

FFS - France has two teams!!!!

Sam I Am

Juniors
LOL at Queenslanders - who get no more games per year than Melbourne.

Queensland is starved of decent RL. Yet, they are too gutless to do anything to have more games. Except their one big plan. Take the GF of Sydney. Makes only one more game. But it does decimate Sydney.

FFS - France has two teams!!!!

LOL, if you'll excuse the expression, at your cluelessness.

Tell me what exactly Queenslanders can do to get another team? Bid? Last time I checked that is exactly what Rocky are doing.

With regards to the Grand Final, I attended the '97 Grand Final at the original ANZ Stadium. Great night. Can't wait till we get another one. The fact that we support the game more than you cockroaches, by the way, shows that not having the grand final every year won't destroy support. Surely Sydneysiders aren't so fickle that one game being in another city would turn them away from the game. If so, that would explain why attendences are so low down south.

As for France, last time I checked they had one Super League team (Catalans). Toulouse, for what it's worth, are semi-professional and play at the level below SL.

mattyg

Bench
37,000 at the test last night?

there was 34,000 at the centenery test last year at the S.C.G if i recall correctly, and no more people could fit in coz it was under renovation at the time.

and we always hear the cries never to give another international game to sydney

Sam I Am

Juniors
37,000 at the test last night?

there was 34,000 at the centenery test last year at the S.C.G if i recall correctly, and no more people could fit in coz it was under renovation at the time.

and we always hear the cries never to give another international game to sydney

Last time Australia played in Sydney there were 15,000 at the SFS.

Timmah

Staff member
For a game against Fiji? :?

So?

Last 2 times Aus v NZ was played in Sydney, crowds of 34,000 have attended.

The first of those was 99%/full house capacity. The other was at the SFS which seats 43,000 IIRC. 80% full.

37,152 @ Suncorp last night when the ground holds 52,500... that's just 70% full.

Cannot believe Brisbane didn't sell out a one-off test and furthermore that they're laying the excuses on.

Would've drawn more at ANZ...

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
For a game against Fiji? :?

So?

For a World Cup semi-final, they only got 15k.

Last 2 times Aus v NZ was played in Sydney, crowds of 34,000 have attended.

The first of those was 99%/full house capacity. The other was at the SFS which seats 43,000 IIRC. 80% full.

Sydney got 34k was for the World Cup opening game, they couldnt even sell out a stadium of 43k capacity for the opening game of the World Cup.

37,152 @ Suncorp last night when the ground holds 52,500... that's just 70% full.

Cannot believe Brisbane didn't sell out a one-off test and furthermore that they're laying the excuses on.

So Brisbane getting a larger crowd for a meaningless test match that NZ never have a chance of winning, than Sydney did for the World Cup opening game and a World Cup semi-final is a poor effort from Brisbane? :lol:

Would've drawn more at ANZ...

Sydney can't even sell out SFS...

Timmah

Staff member
For a World Cup semi-final, they only got 15k.
Suncorp only got 26,000 for a World Cup semi-final. Your point?
Sydney got 34k was for the World Cup opening game, they couldnt even sell out a stadium of 43k capacity for the opening game of the World Cup.
The opening game of the WC took place in Townsville you goose.
So Brisbane getting a larger crowd for a meaningless test match that NZ never have a chance of winning, than Sydney did for the World Cup opening game and a World Cup semi-final is a poor effort from Brisbane? :lol:
I've address your WC semi final whinge. As for the "meaningless test match" - is that how you justify it? By dismissing the value of games you don't deem to be good enough because the statistics actually support Sydney? :lol: Laughable.
Sydney can't even sell out SFS...
Noone's denying that, yet you lot won't accept criticism of your crowds not being sell-outs? :lol:

Latest posts