What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Me A River, Ricko

KFC

Juniors
If Ricko played for any other club you'd all be saying how it was nothing and the poor guy shouldn't miss a Grand Final for it.

Jealousy's a curse.

McLovin

Staff member
Karl Malone, pfft. Is that guy even signed with a team?? Dallas to win this year...

fish

Juniors
He'll be able to share it with Freddy,he has before the match,after the match and at half time.

McLovin

Staff member
If Ricko played for any other club you'd all be saying how it was nothing and the poor guy shouldn't miss a Grand Final for it.

Jealousy's a curse.

And here we go again... :roll:

Same argument, same answers...

Big Mick

Referee
For Mine its worse than Williams for the following reasons:

1. Williams, a lock, hit a second rower not a halfback
2. Williams got head slammed immediatly before the incident occured, Ricketson was third man in.
3. Just because williams can hit harder than that pussy Ricketson, he should get 16 and Ricketson nothing. If it was Williams who did this, there would be calls for his head.

4. Ricketson will get nothing, and if he does, i'll stop supporting league until the Roosters stop running it.

frank

Juniors
KFC said:

Jealousy's a curse.

Not true.

Les Boyd was one of my favourite players. When he took out Broughman, I called for the firing squad.

Similarly, I used to respect Ricketson as a footballer. Now I'm calling for a reasonable grading charge and a reasonable suspension, something it would appear we're not going to get.

KFC

Juniors
You can't be seriously comparing Boyd's actions to Ricko's?

How many times have we seen all in brawls and nothing comes of it?

Face it, nobody was happy with the Finch downgrading and now Ricko is copping the flack for it.

Personally I think Ricko has been very lucky not to be charged a number of times this year but there was nothing in that forearm.

Even staunch Roosters fans on here that are still functioning witha fulll brain have stated it would be a miracle for him to get off scot free and he doesn't deserve to.

Everything about the incident was wrong. From blind siding the guy to being the 3rd man in...I am all for sticking up for your team mates, but king hits are crap

gregstar

Referee
poor ricko that defence plea makes me want to hug & comfort him! Poor guy - we really have been harsh on him! He deserves to play now! Good luck Ricko we love you xxxxxooooooo!

Anonymous

Juniors
If Ricketson tackled somebody like that he'd be out for 4 weeks. Instead he intentionally took a man who was not watching and didn't have the ball out. He's lucky it's grade 3. EXTREMELY lucky. If this was a Tiger, Rabbitoh, Storm player, Raider or any player from a low profile team they'd be hung drawn and quartered by now. That happens, I can cope with it. It's natural the top teams get a better run - it happens in every compeition in the world. The problem is as a Rooster he gets even better treatment and has a 50/50 chance of getting off imo.

KFC

Juniors
Look the bloke loses no matter what.

If he's suspended he misses a GF and God knows nobody gets to play in many of those.

If he escapes suspension, the media and the know it alls on forums like this will say he's been let off because the Roosters run the league etc...

troydodds

Juniors
Ricketson will have his charge downgraded to a grade 2, cutting his suspension to one week.

If the judiciary go down to grade one, then there needs to be an investigation into why the match review committee is so out of touch with the correct rulings.

Ricko - just because it is a grand final and your bed buddy fittler is leaving, doesn't mean you should get off. Is he planning to get on his knees and beg?

nafe1982

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
If Ricketson tackled somebody like that he'd be out for 4 weeks. Instead he intentionally took a man who was not watching and didn't have the ball out. He's lucky it's grade 3. EXTREMELY lucky. If this was a Tiger, Rabbitoh, Storm player, Raider or any player from a low profile team they'd be hung drawn and quartered by now. That happens, I can cope with it. It's natural the top teams get a better run - it happens in every compeition in the world. The problem is as a Rooster he gets even better treatment and has a 50/50 chance of getting off imo.

:clap: Well said

frank

Juniors
KFC said:
You can't be seriously comparing Boyd's actions to Ricko's?

How many times have we seen all in brawls and nothing comes of it?

Face it, nobody was happy with the Finch downgrading and now Ricko is copping the flack for it.

Personally I think Ricko has been very lucky not to be charged a number of times this year but there was nothing in that forearm.

f**k me swinging.....

OK, here we go again.

How many times this year have you seen a player commit a low, disgraceful act on the field?
For me it would be 3.
Greg Bird - 10 weeks
Danny Williams - 18 weeks
Luke Ricketson - Grade 3 striking, possible 3 weeks.
What do you make of that?

You're right about everyone being upset with Finch getting off. But Ricketson's copping flak because he KING-HIT Nathan Fien.

Too hard to understand?

Anonymous

Juniors
Seriously answer me that question. What would the charge be if he tackled somebody like that? He would get a least 3 weeks. Surely doing it to someone who isn't watching and when there's no footy actually happening is a hell of a lot worse?