What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Me A River, Ricko

troydodds

Juniors
gregstar said:
i'm curious to know what would happen if a player did that to Ricko?

He'd be charged with the same offence and would be outed for three weeks.

A question - what difference does it make between Ricketson and the possibility that Ben Ross would have missed the grand final if Penrith made it?

Ross was suspended for 10 weeks, if I remember correctly, and would have missed the decider. Penrith copped the guilty verdict on the chin. Do you think Ross would have been out this week saying "last year was so emotional, and with Ryan Girdler leaving, I was planning to be emotional. I should have had my charge downgraded". Of course not. Get over yourself Ricko.

hope to see Ricko in the grandstand, even though I'm going for the roosters in the game.

KFC

Juniors
I think Ross shoukld have been allowed to play. Just cause his team got a week off for being successfull shouldn't penalise him.

As to the Ricko incident.

IT WAS A FIGHT!!!.

Players came in from everywhere.

FFS it was nothing like Bird or Williams.

troydodds

Juniors
He still hit someone and according to the rules that is not allowed. Hence, he should receive punishment for doing so.

Agree about Ross - I think the NRL need to do something about that. Excluding the bye factor, "weeks" should mean "weeks" when it comes to finals, and not matches

frank

Juniors
KFC said:
I think Ross shoukld have been allowed to play. Just cause his team got a week off for being successfull shouldn't penalise him.

As to the Ricko incident.

IT WAS A FIGHT!!!.

Players came in from everywhere.

FFS it was nothing like Bird or Williams.

So you call two blokes grabbing each other's jerseys a fight?

It was not a fight until Ricketson KING HIT Fien.
A fight in which Fien had no chance to defend himself.
A fight in which Justin Hodges decided to involve himself from 30 metres away, with a bloke half his size.
I s'pose he was sticking up for poor old Fittler too was he?

nafe1982

Juniors
KFC said:
Crocker was taken out in back play by O'Donnell and nothing was done.

Wheres the video footage to proove your point. i neva saw the incitdent the the aftermath of crocker and damn that was funny :lol:

KFC

Juniors
We see blow ups in the game all the time with no further action taken.

I think stuff like that should stay on the field.

frank

Juniors
KFC said:
gregstar said:
i'm curious to know what would happen if a player did that to Ricko?

Crocker was taken out in back play by O'Donnell and nothing was done.

Bullshit.

Crocker was roughed up by O'Donnell because Crocker deliberately changed his line to try his usual tactic of non-effective intimidation.
Crocker then put on one of the most comical wobbly-leg acts of all time to try to pull a penalty.
Nothing came of it because, thank christ, everyone's woken up to his crap.

Freak

Juniors
I was trying to find some stats to see similarities in other Grade 3 stiking charges this year.
I know Nathan Cayless pleaded guilty to a Grade 3 Stiking Charge in Round 8 this year against the Coyboys, and it quite simply is no comparison to the Ricko dog act.

I really think the Roosters plea to reduce his charge is quite hilarious!! :lol:

nafe1982

Juniors
TheEye said:
I used to think this Roosters judiciary bias was a load of crap, until Finch got off.

For F$%K sake - Finch DID NOT get off.

He was guilty of a down graded charge. The same as a number of players through the year.

Because of his previous good record he did not miss a week.

There is a BIG difference.

Will you honestly tell me if Finch's dad wasn't boss of reffereeing he would still have been downgraded????? I didn't think so

](*,) bloody roosters supporters

TheEye

Juniors
Most Rooster fans acknowledge Ricko was in the wrong and some argue over the severity of the charge (personally I think it's about right). Realists have also given up on him being there Sunday.

I just love the double standards of renowned rooster haters like Big Mick who thinks its ok for rooster players to get felled in the back play etc.

Raider_69

Post Whore
gregstar said:
i feel for ricko, i really do
bwha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! oh my that was good - thanks raider!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously i do feel abit for the bloke, missing a GF final is tough, but he should of thought about that before blind siding fien with a cheap shot

TheEye

Juniors
nafe1982 said:
Will you honestly tell me if Finch's dad wasn't boss of reffereeing he would still have been downgraded????? I didn't think so

](*,) bloody roosters supporters

Hey pumpkin head - it was the referees that put him on report in the first place.

it was the judiciary (which Finch senior is not involved with) that downgraded the charge.

Understand now?