What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

myrrh ken

First Grade
Interesting. He's gone from pissing off the NRL to the "I'm a good person" defence.

‘I’m not a bad person’: Curtis Scott breaks silence on police taser arrest
RAIDERS

• February 14, 2020 8:13am
  • by AAP WITH STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
0cbe1bf2ad94fffbea6bd7f906460a11

NRL player Curtis Scott has pleaded not guilty to six charges including assaulting police during Australia Day celebrations. (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi)Source: AAP
Canberra’s Curtis Scott has opened up on his arrest, saying the last few weeks have been the toughest of his life.

Scott is accused of assaulting a female police officer and a male senior constable before being tasered and arrested following Australia Day celebrations.

The 22-year-old has pleaded not guilty, and says he tries his best to be a good person.

“I know I shouldn’t have put myself in that position.”

1ed8bbc973270596f25816e0bffb680e

NRL player Curtis Scott (centre) has pleaded not guilty to six charges including assaulting police during Australia Day celebrations. (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi)Source: AAP
NRL boss Todd Greenberg is a step closer to making a call on Scott’s playing future after viewing police bodycam footage of the incident on Wednesday.

“I was kind of just lost in the city and I sat down to have a rest and I ended up falling asleep,” Scott said in relation to why he was found sleeping under a tree in Moore Park before being arrested.

Scott, who is yet to play for Canberra after joining on a four-year deal worth a reported $1.8 million from Melbourne this off-season, has thanked his family and Raiders teammates for their support.

“This has been pretty challenging for me but I am just grateful that the club and Ricky has been behind me the whole way, and my family have stuck with me,” he said.

“All the boys have also really helped me out but these last few weeks have been the toughest I have ever gone through.

“I have had a pretty bad picture painted about me. I know I have put myself in this position and I just have to deal with it.

“But I am just starting to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel now and hopefully we can sort it out and put it behind me and move forward.

“I am not a bad person. I try my best to be a good person.

“I just put myself in a bad position and I am paying the price 10 fold now for it.”

0f9352f8b2cc36b3e667b2cff21fcaa5

Curtis Scott seen at the Ivy Pool Bar before he was later arrested. Source – https://www.instagram.com/samhumphreys/Source: Instagram
Scott’s comments come after he reportedly parted with lawyer Danny Eid and hired Sam Macedone to lead his defence.

Eid was outspokenly critical of both the NSW police over the arrest and the NRL following their initial demand to view the footage.

Greenberg last week described the charges against Scott, which also include resisting arrest, as “extremely serious allegations”.

The possible standing down of the 22-year-old will have significant ramifications on his Canberra team, given his arrival resulted in the departure of fellow centre Joseph Leilua.

f8d03a19e8c1a3fe34a8b2f80b393d28

Curtis Scott has reportedly split with lawyer Danny Eid (left). (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi)Source: AAP
Should Scott be sidelined, coach Ricky Stuart will likely lean on veteran three- quarter Michael Oldfield to start the season in that position.

Scott is one of several NRL players embroiled in off-field controversy this off- season, following incidents involving Joe Ofahengaue, Josh Reynolds, Maika Sivo, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Manase Fainu and David Fifita.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/418040f66ebed28625e954ec3db50b74

betcats

Referee
Interesting. He's gone from pissing off the NRL to the "I'm a good person" defence.

RAIDERS

NRL player Curtis Scott has pleaded not guilty to six charges including assaulting police during Australia Day celebrations. (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi)Source: AAP
Canberra’s Curtis Scott has opened up on his arrest, saying the last few weeks have been the toughest of his life.

Scott is accused of assaulting a female police officer and a male senior constable before being tasered and arrested following Australia Day celebrations.

The 22-year-old has pleaded not guilty, and says he tries his best to be a good person.

NRL player Curtis Scott (centre) has pleaded not guilty to six charges including assaulting police during Australia Day celebrations. (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi)Source: AAP
NRL boss Todd Greenberg is a step closer to making a call on Scott’s playing future after viewing police bodycam footage of the incident on Wednesday.

“I was kind of just lost in the city and I sat down to have a rest and I ended up falling asleep,” Scott said in relation to why he was found sleeping under a tree in Moore Park before being arrested.

Scott, who is yet to play for Canberra after joining on a four-year deal worth a reported $1.8 million from Melbourne this off-season, has thanked his family and Raiders teammates for their support.

“This has been pretty challenging for me but I am just grateful that the club and Ricky has been behind me the whole way, and my family have stuck with me,” he said.

“All the boys have also really helped me out but these last few weeks have been the toughest I have ever gone through.

“I have had a pretty bad picture painted about me. I know I have put myself in this position and I just have to deal with it.

“But I am just starting to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel now and hopefully we can sort it out and put it behind me and move forward.

“I just put myself in a bad position and I am paying the price 10 fold now for it.”

Curtis Scott seen at the Ivy Pool Bar before he was later arrested. Source – https://www.instagram.com/samhumphreys/Source: Instagram
Scott’s comments come after he reportedly parted with lawyer Danny Eid and hired Sam Macedone to lead his defence.

Eid was outspokenly critical of both the NSW police over the arrest and the NRL following their initial demand to view the footage.

Greenberg last week described the charges against Scott, which also include resisting arrest, as “extremely serious allegations”.

The possible standing down of the 22-year-old will have significant ramifications on his Canberra team, given his arrival resulted in the departure of fellow centre Joseph Leilua.

Curtis Scott has reportedly split with lawyer Danny Eid (left). (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi)Source: AAP
Should Scott be sidelined, coach Ricky Stuart will likely lean on veteran three- quarter Michael Oldfield to start the season in that position.

Scott is one of several NRL players embroiled in off-field controversy this off- season, following incidents involving Joe Ofahengaue, Josh Reynolds, Maika Sivo, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Manase Fainu and David Fifita.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/418040f66ebed28625e954ec3db50b74

Pretty big change of tone from Eids claims of innocence and fighting the charges to his last breath etc

BadnMean

Juniors
Let the redemption stories begin.

I think he should go say he's spend some time seeing what real life is like without footy & how much it made him realise he loves it (like the time Duges famously spent 2 hours on a house build in Canberra getting his photo taken with a hammer).

betcats

Referee
Over these merkins, its not hard to go out and not belt anyone, even if you're shit faced. I spent most weekend of my 20s intoxicated and under the influence of other stuff, never got arrested, never started a fight, certainly never came close to putting my hands on a woman. f**k these wankers off I do not want to read a bunch stories about Scott being depressed because his girl left him or some bullshit trying to garner sympathy and sell his redemption.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Another f**kwit who can’t handle his piss, just get off the grog you dopey merkin!!

One of my mates who is a great bloke but as soon as he had more than 4 beers he was the most annoying prick on the face of the earth.

Getting into fights, getting arrested and doing all sorts of crazy shit. After a couple of years and the rest of us refusing to go out on the drink with him. Well he hasn’t touched a drop in over a decade and it’s not like a he has some massive footy career to protect. These merkins are just too stupid for words.

_snafu_

Immortal

RAIDERS

“the last few weeks have been the toughest of his life”

Is it as tough as a Dragons preseason?

BadnMean

Juniors
“I was kind of just lost in the city and I sat down to have a rest and I ended up falling asleep,”...

...as one does lol.

He was just having a harmless little nap and the big bad meanies woke him up. He’s a good guy but getting woken up is unacceptable!

Not his go.