What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

some11

Referee
Let the redemption stories begin.

I think he should go say he's spend some time seeing what real life is like without footy & how much it made him realise he loves it (like the time Duges famously spent 2 hours on a house build in Canberra getting his photo taken with a hammer).
Borrowing fergos cardigan will boost his chances.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Have you seen the vid?

Seems like the NRL have got it right so far with the NFSD policy.

May - stood down, guilty
Reynolds - not stood down, charges dropped
JDB - automatic

the only issue is with the Walker one. Obviously not guilty but I thought there was a case to be made. It depended on the evidence of his Mrs going back on her story. NRL sort of went halfway and dropped the stand down after the trial but before sentencing which was a bit strange.

mave

Coach
Have you seen the vid?

Seems like the NRL have got it right so far with the NFSD policy.

May - stood down, guilty
Reynolds - not stood down, charges dropped
JDB - automatic

the only issue is with the Walker one. Obviously not guilty but I thought there was a case to be made. It depended on the evidence of his Mrs going back on her story. NRL sort of went halfway and dropped the stand down after the trial but before sentencing which was a bit strange.

Sivo ? Untouchable obviously, as it was overseas, and we all know Greenburg can't process info from overseas.

Walkers was a disgrace. 10 weeks ban for an acquital, after the woman involved recanted her story early in the process.

As usual, different teams get different treatment from Dear Leader.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/dylan-walker-cleared-by-nrl-to-return-for-manly/

Acquitted of pulling a woman's hair is 10 weeks worse than allegedly kicking and punching cops in ToddyLand.

*edited to add.....
I'm happy for the Walker stand down to happen, but let's make that the standard, not the one-off outlier, whilst every other bloke gets jack shit, for similar alleged incidents.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
*edited to add.....
I'm happy for the Walker stand down to happen, but let's make that the standard, not the one-off outlier, whilst every other bloke gets jack shit, for similar alleged incidents.
I think you'd find Scott would have been stood down had he been charged with DV as well. Likewise Reynolds would be missing games had it not been cleared up in the off season. The optics on DV charges are terrible enough, let alone right now after the tragedy in QLD.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sivo ? Untouchable obviously, as it was overseas, and we all know Greenburg can't process info from overseas.

Walkers was a disgrace. 10 weeks ban for an acquital, after the woman involved recanted her story early in the process.

As usual, different teams get different treatment from Dear Leader.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/dylan-walker-cleared-by-nrl-to-return-for-manly/

Acquitted of pulling a woman's hair is 10 weeks worse than allegedly kicking and punching cops in ToddyLand.

*edited to add.....

That is the thing either across the board or not at all

myrrh ken

First Grade
Touching a skirt is a bit different over here.

Walker is a lucky lad. Just like greg bird was. Both grubs in my book.

Reactions: Vee

mave

Coach
I think you'd find Scott would have been stood down had he been charged with DV as well. Likewise Reynolds would be missing games had it not been cleared up in the off season. The optics on DV charges are terrible enough, let alone right now after the tragedy in QLD.

So the optics of alleged DV is worse that allegedly hitting/kicking female cops.

Fair enough. I think abuse of women by men is on par, whether you live with her or not, but each to his own.

Noted for reference though, thanks Todd.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
So the optics of alleged DV is worse that allegedly hitting/kicking female cops.

Fair enough. I think abuse of women by men is on par, whether you live with her or not, but each to his own.

Noted for reference though, thanks Todd.
Ahh yea the optics are way worse. The context of the assaults are completely different. I would put money on the majority of people viewing DV as worse than assaulting a female officer.

Latest posts