What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CYA Hookesy

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I am dumb founded.
I have worked many times with Hookesy.
f**king Chanpion, genius, funny c*&t.

Murdered @ 11:30 18/01/2004

Turned off at 19:05 19/1/2004

Alan Shore

First Grade
I hated him for the way he made all sports radio stations in Victoria talk blasted AFL 24/7, along with the fact that he would take shots at the Storm and League almost daily, but I hope the cops throw the book at whoever the scumbag was that murdered him.

The absolute scum of society - rapists, murderers, whatever should all be put into work camps so we get some value out of the money we pay for their upkeep in prison.

Jimbo

Immortal
I couldn't believe the news this morning. I hope they string up the low merkin that did this.

Shark

Bench
I'm shattered. If you were a young bloke growing up in Australia in the late '70s and early '80s, David Hookes was the man! Sure he was a clown, but he stuck up for his mates and led with his chin at a time when Australian Cricket was not so strong.

Emails of support for his friends and family can be sent to:

foundation@alfred.org.au

I sent one before. I'm in a mind to NOT encourage emails, but I also think it's very important that his family know how how he touched the lives of the average Aussie bloke. So if you have something nice to say, then send it on I guess!

Booyah

Bench
Never heard of him to be honest. He was before my time. Still a tragedy nontheless though.

My condolences to his family and friends.

:(

SirShire

First Grade
RIP David Hookes.

Another cricketer that I have looked up to, it is such a shame.

Have the reeled the bastard in who did it? He was bailed earlier today.

The bloke who hit 5 straight fours off Tony Greig in the Melbourne Centernary test.

Awful news. He was doing very well as a coach too.

millersnose

Post Whore
seems the guy who did it was awaiting trial for grevous bodily harm to someone else at another nightclub

RICHO

Juniors
The word 'scumbag' come to mind.

David Hookes was a good Aussie bloke. He spoke his mind, people didn't always agree, but no one really argued. It was his opinion, and that was that.

Can't remember too much of him as a player. His last Test Match was Steve Waugh's first, and I've grown up with Waugh as my hero. A hero of the generation before mine I guess.

He will be missed.

Sharkette

Juniors
Well I don't know what to say...I am absolutely shattered. The bloke was a huge childhood hero of mine and it feels like a part of my childhood has gone too.

Let's just hope his family have the strength to get through this.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Cricket is a sport that catches the imagination of millions,maybe billions of people across the world.
As Australians we have embraced this game and made it our own by the way we play in a sense of fun yet competetive nature,we have produced some of the best players,teams and in that some great characters have become sporting heroes and household names.

'Hooksey' was larikin and legend, hero and household name!

He will live on my memory and in cricket's history alike.

R.I.P

sharknows

Bench
I have just been sent this version of the incident -

*edit*
> out cold - as soon as he hit the ground he had aM ASSIVE heart ATTACK and
> as reported was dead for 30 mins..........
>

> Somehow they revived him but the players were all told that there is a
95%
> chance he will die TODAY !!
> Were told by team doctors that even if he got through it that he will be
> severely BRAIN DAMAGED etc, but it is pretty certain he'll go today !!
>
> What a WEAK LOWLIFE SCUMBAG !!
*edit*

*edit*
*Sharknow, my apologies but as you can imagine, there is a court case pending and the publishing of 'version of events' may implicate this site.
I think the whole affair is tragic and one which test our faith in human nature.
I personally dont think there was much in what you posted; however, we have to err on the side of caution, respect the situation, and allow the law its take its natural course.
As for anyone else, there are other threads in the cricket section about this and mods and admin are looking out for questionable posts.
Cheers, Willow*

sharknows

Bench
Willow, you should see what has been written in the SMH - you've got no problems. Any way you have to call it as you see it but I'm sure other readers would have been interested.

Sharkie73

Bench
I saw the bloke play a few times he was great to watch, A nice all round bloke :( . I can't belive they gave the pr##k who killed him bail :evil: .

Latest posts