What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Parralike

Juniors
My faith in MOST NRL fans has been restored I wore my eels jersey out today in Newcastle the fans there were coming up and being very nice and saying hang in there it will get better.
Pity some of you lot couldn't be the same hats of newy fans,to the rest ������ have a cry

LESStar58

Referee
My faith in MOST NRL fans has been restored I wore my eels jersey out today in Newcastle the fans there were coming up and being very nice and saying hang in there it will get better.
Pity some of you lot couldn't be the same hats of newy fans,to the rest ������ have a cry

This was not afforded to Melbourne.

Count yourself lucky.

It's LU bro. It's a troll forum. I wouldn't take anything said on this forum seriously.

Mr Spock!

Referee

I doubt you would have done the same with the storm and bulldogs scandals.

I doubt they'd be saying that if your cheating mob won the GF.

That would be the ultimate travesty of justice.

Bazal

Post Whore
This was not afforded to Melbourne.

Count yourself lucky.

I wouldn't say that. I think there are more people who don't like the Storm, which lead to more anger over everything because it was an easy thing, but I think there was a lot of sympathy for the fans. It's not the fans fault, after all. Both clubs have had lunatic fans who don't deserve any sympathy, of course.

I also think there was a different approach by the Storm which maybe lead to a harsher perception of the club. Melbourne basically came across as giving a united f**k you to the NRL. Parramatta (well, Brad Arthur and the players) have basically said nothing about the whole mess...it seems like that's served to alienate the five directors, and rightly so. f**k those guys. Brad Arthur doesn't deserve to be tarred with the same brush as them.

Parralike

Juniors
I doubt you would have done the same with the storm and bulldogs scandals.

I doubt they'd be saying that if your cheating mob won the GF.

That would be the ultimate travesty of justice.

Excuse me you don't know me so don't presume to actually I have friends who are doggies fans and I never said much at all. because you never know when your turn might come around

IFR33K

Coach
You guys are right.

Any director should just accept responsibility and plead guilty to any wrong doing. They should foreit any right to a potential job in the NRL or admin at a club or any high profile organisation in the future. The NRL said they cheated...

The club should also just roll over and accept the report, that they cheated, without question. It's not possible there could be a miscalculation or mistake anywhere. It's not like the NRL is an amateurish mob and have never done any wrong doing themselves. They should pay the $1 mill, foreit all current and future points. They should also consider playing for no points next year too. They should also shed the 570k worth of talent, without question or reason. They should foreit any right to a response as well, remembering this is the NRL we are talking about. How dare they...

The eels should just make the directors walk and let the NRL run the club. It's worked so well for the knights and titans to date...

The response by the eels is a disgrace. The selfishness by the directors is mind blowing. Let's not forget Ray Hadley also believes these guys have acted deceitful. Let's not forget Paul Kents neutral stance. Not like those two have an agenda. Back to the NRL. It's not like they have ever gotten anything wrong in the passed. Tv rights deals and certain appointments have always been 100% spot on. Let's not forget the bunker, that's made a massive improvement to the game. The NRL is without doubt unquestionable. They are the pinnacle in sports administration around the world

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Pity some of you lot couldn't be the same hats of newy fans,to the rest 🍼🍼🍼 have a cry

They're above you on the ladder atm.
Give it a couple of weeks.

Delboy

First Grade
Let's not forget that 37 of the 60 or so pages of the report were made by the person referenced to the Eels by the NRL CEO, who also provided advice on TPAs to this person, who also advised him to provide the information to the NRL . The club was never asked for their version , they also interviewed another sacked employee, no wonder the fans query the report and the punishment

He is also the CEO who oversaw the Barba incident

The club and the ex auditor of th NRL are adamant that the club is within the 2016 cap, the media and the agenda driven friends make no mention of this

For better or Worse the previous NRL CEO was moved on as he apparently objected to the political nature of those at headquarters

I won't detail the obvious issues,for instance a club with 10 internationals signs 2 players for considerably less than they were offered earlier ( real market forces at work there) , don't want to upset Benny.

If the Eels have done something wrong , they at least deserve the opportunity to present their side of the case, which appeared to be denied initially

I would also ask why no one questioned the removal of the CEO and CFO of a major western club within days of each other, normally that would get the media frenzied, perhaps their chief of staff has a fair bit of influence

Look maybe some of these comments are a bit of a stretch, but perhaps they are part of the reason the fans don't want to just lie there and accept it, we are very proud of our coach and team, seems too convenient that they are targetted this year

some11

Referee
Parra supporters have lost their f**king minds.

Not even Melbourne supporters reacted this way :lol:

Latest posts