What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Snappy

Coach
Sack Watmough and they're under without losing anything. Too easy.

Not sure what choc would think of that though.

I believe if Watmough retired early due to injury, that he would get his entire contact paid out under a players association insurance thing, (which doesnt count under the cap). Dont think he'd get the payout if he was removed under these circumstances

Last edited:

Rhyno

First Grade
So if the NRL take the stance that previous alleged cheating has helped assemble the current squad, and they rub them out of contention for the year, should Parra still be able to take away points from other teams (by beating them) with their illegally assembled squad ?

Yes just like Melbourne did

Big Salad

Juniors
12 points is odd....

So if they lost to the Bulldogs the other night, would the penalty only have been 10 points??

ByRd

First Grade
12 points. $1million fine and 5 officials de-registered.

And they have to get under the cap this year to ensure they can compete for points which means they will have to lose some players, Paulo to Raiders this year looks like happening.

Rhyno

First Grade
12pts is to much

We can only lose 2 maybe 3 games for the rest of the year but we will still make the finals and win the premiership

whall15

Coach
Parramatta would need to win 18 matches to finish in the top 8.

Not unprecedented: Roosters last year; Roosters and Souths in 2013; Bulldogs in 2012; Manly and Brisbane in 2011.

mxlegend99

Referee
James Hooper
@jimmyhooper
The @TheParraEels are over the salary cap this year due to third party payments and will have to shed players immediately @FOXSportsNews
10:02 AM - 03 May 2016

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/48763312fa19050ed713fb8ee1d2c230
If true then they shouldn't get a chance to win the premiership at all. Even if they became cap compliant.

Not that they could do it anyway. But it makes it easier to see how they got Jennings, Foran and Scott into a team already over the cap.

Snappy

Coach
James Hooper
@jimmyhooper
The @TheParraEels are over the salary cap this year due to third party payments and will have to shed players immediately @FOXSportsNews
10:02 AM - 03 May 2016

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/48763312fa19050ed713fb8ee1d2c230

Jennings ------->>>>> Broncos

latest

MarkC

Juniors
I think the penalty is fair.
I prefer teams in the comp playing for points with an outside chance.
BUt 12 points was the bare minimum I thought was acceptable.
If they keep whinging, then I would dock them, more points :)
The reality is the penalty is fair and they got off relatively lightly in comparison to the Storm and Dogs.

Game_Breaker

Coach
So should other clubs get points back this year if they've aready lost to parra?

Considering they'll have to get rid of players to compete for points

MarkC

Juniors
So should other clubs get points back this year if they've aready lost to parra?

No .... nice try ... I am also a Dogs fan .... but we don't deserve points for losing matches.

If a team is good enough any points lost to the illegal Parra team should not cost them.

If a team needs an extra 2-4 points to make the 8, do they really deserve to be there?