What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Card Shark

Immortal
So basically Parra rort the cap for years, get caught, and look like having to lose Nathan Peats as the only player of note.

Nrl - wet lettuce leaf - Parra.

This is basically a green light to 15 other clubs, that under Greenburgs watch it may well be worth cheating the cap.

Pretty much

Can't believe how soft they've gone on them, after similar offences by Storm & Bulldogs.

Won't discourage cheating at all, which is no doubt already going on at other clubs to varying degrees. Those people at other clubs can rest easy now.

28 points is usually recognised as what it takes to makes the finals - should've docked them that to make a point "you ain't making the finals this year...end of story"...but they give them a sniff.

Go figure!

Parra

Referee
I also struggle to see $3million dollars extra being spent on these Eels teams from 2013. That's $750k over 4 years. Or, if Parra are cap compliant in 2016, that means an extra million was being spent on the 2013,2014 and 2015 squads. I just can't see that.

I'm really doubting the $3million figure that was thrown around. That's worse than the Storm. So 12 points and a $1million fine is extremely lenient.

Things don't add up.

Of course they don't add up.

Hence calling BS on Greenberg and this pseudo-legal crap they come up with.

Card Shark

Immortal
Yes the NRL were kind to them & announced in the rep weekend, to allow them a week extra to get their shit together.

If Brisbane cheated the cap like this, even they would be treated harsher.

--Storm--

Juniors
f**king hell, Parramatta are better off keeping Peats and just writing off this season because let's face it they need a lot of luck to make the finals from here, I'll be shocked if they can do it.

mave

Coach
i expect you to have a sudden about face on the salary cap very soon

I almost hope Manly are the team rumored to be next to fall into cap issues.

We lose 12 points.
We lose Brett Stewart to a "new" hamstring injury, saving heaps off our cap.
Api Koriousau unfortunately has to move to the Titans.

Good to go next week !!

Happy days Greenburg.

mave

Coach
Apparently Nate Myles is really tough at training and hurt poor Brett's hamny in a totally different spot to all his other hammy issues.

Insurance payout, here we come.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
lol is that it ?

'The Australian understands'

Nothing else to back it up...... anywhere......
Yea I wouldn't hang my hat on that. Just doing some simple numbers on the claim, it says every TPA over three years, that averages out to around $250k a year but we know Whatmoughs TPA is worth $150k a year by itself. One e-mail leaked had Mannah getting a $75k a year TPA. The numbers dont add up especially when placed with Weeks saying they rorted around $3mil.

JamesRustle

First Grade
He has been shopped to the Titans and it makes sense, any opportunity to flog off Mortimer should be taken without thought.

NRL conflicted again? Agreeing to watmough retirement before insurers agree (assumed) to pay out and now helping out the cap cheats by taking one of their players to an NRL owned team... can they help them out anymore?

Glen

Bench
Did the Bulldogs or Storm have to really shed significantly more players than what is being talked about at Parra? I mean Inglis obviously but he was easily their best choice to give up out of the 'big 4'. I could be wrong but don't remember a mass exodus from either club and both used most of their illegally assembled squads to win comps within a couple of years.

Yes Watmough has been useless in hindsight with his injury but he is still a big money player to shed. Peats or someone at his level would be a significant loss and there may be another one, along with a nuffie or two.

Playing for points this year on the other hand is obviously a big difference vs the way the Dogs and Storm were treated, although the NRL has been very ambiguous with exactly what Parra have done and the numbers so it's still hard to compare

Card Shark

Immortal
Almost feel sorry for the storm compared to the Eels.

Similar underhanded salary cap cheating....markedly different penalties.

I know it's a joke about taking the wooden spoons off them but I would do that. disqualify them those years as they had nothing else to lose.

El Diablo

Post Whore

I know it's a joke about taking the wooden spoons off them but I would do that. disqualify them those years as they had nothing else to lose.

the Storm didn't have their dodgy deals from previous years lumped into their 2010 cap so they actually got off lighter

POPEYE

Coach

Don't ever feel sorry for the Storm ol' mate, none of we believers in protecting that which belongs to you do.

To use 'making an example' of a champion organisation that got that way by not disrupting it's fellows as an excuse for pure jealousy is a whole lot f**king different than kicking a team that's trying to haul itself out of a hole

Latest posts