What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Snappy

Coach
Did you blokes not read the transcripts of the board meetings ? There was enough evidence right there to sink them.

t-boon keeps bleating on about Seward, and yes, Seward was heavily involved in the early days of the cheating. However once he was gone, the board knew about the cheating, and continued with cheating, and continued to actively deceive the NRL.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
cataract-at-aswan-egypt.jpg

It really is just a river in Egypt.

Delboy

First Grade
The club took action and got under the cap for 2016, the NRL added what it said was g'teed TPAs which forced the club to shed players,. Most likely Parra are spending less on players currently than even the Knights, with Watmough ,Foran, Paulo, Morgan off the books .

The argument is that the previous officials were stupid and naive enough to adopt measures that still didn't have the club competitive until they hired a decent coach.

Would assume their stance is, why aren't we seeing the documents that you say confirm previous seasons indiscretions

No one is denying the dumb practices of 2013 which were overcome by 2016

As before, there is a level of distrust given Greenturds background and that is why there is a need for full disclosure. If it just confirms the punishment, so be it, why the hesitation in releasing it.

Personally,I would rather they stood down and continued their action outside of the clubs involvement, but don't know if that is feasible

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...a-eels-board-may-be-sacked-by-nsw-government/

NSW Government To Sack Eels Board
Tags: Parramatta Eels

parramatta-eels-logo-628.jpg

The Parramatta Eels board will be sacked on Monday and an administrator will be appointed to take over the running of the club. Listen to the full report below.

NSW Deputy Premier Troy Grant said that he will be using powers under the state's liquor and gaming legislation to remove the current board, given the widely reported mismanagement that has taken place during the salary cap saga.

This comes after the board voted yesterday to appeal the NRL sanction imposed on the club.

Triple M and Fox Sports' James Hooper said that this is a positive move for the club.

"The NSW government has got enough information and seen enough," Hoops said.

"They're going to step in and put some new people in."

Scaven

Juniors
The club took action and got under the cap for 2016, the NRL added what it said was g'teed TPAs which forced the club to shed players,. Most likely Parra are spending less on players currently than even the Knights, with Watmough ,Foran, Paulo, Morgan off the books .

Why would Foran be off the books?
Also if you think Parra aren't still paying some of the other 3 you mentioned contracts you are delusional.
They assembled the team illegally, they shouldn't get to choose who they let go.

Delboy

First Grade
In a way , that's a good result

Hopefully , a new board can be appointed, even with the assistance of Toddy boy, and the way forward can start

Still would like to see the full transcript , as I don't believe Seaward and Irvine should escape unpunished

Delboy

First Grade
Why would Foran be off the books?
Also if you think Parra aren't still paying some of the other 3 you mentioned contracts you are delusional.
They assembled the team illegally, they shouldn't get to choose who they let go.

Thanks, now I understand you know everything

Delboy

First Grade
FYI, Paulo asked for a release and was granted- no further payment after release

Morgan's release was granted on basis full pickup ( not a big amount)

Watmough paid out by insurance

Peats also negotiated a release under similar terms, which the Titans agreed to as they had sufficient cap room

Foran has asked for termination, payment will only count until date of termination

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Didn't Foran's management or the Eels themselves come out and categorically deny he asked for a release?

There's a shitload of people speaking on assumed knowledge in this thread. Worth remembering you should be able to source your claims.

Last Week

Bench
So to those saying the Eels should just cop it, why do you think the NRL won't release the transcripts of interviews with Seward and Ricky Stuart?

If it makes no difference to anything, why are the NRL holding onto it so tightly, even at the risk of having to go to the supreme court?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
So to those saying the Eels should just cop it, why do you think the NRL won't release the transcripts of interviews with Seward and Ricky Stuart?

If it makes no difference to anything, why are the NRL holding onto it so tightly, even at the risk of having to go to the supreme court?

I would assume there are details in there that could make the NRL look foolish (maybe not illegal, but just foolish). Or, they could just be acting like dicks to the Eels, and that wouldn't be the first time someone has made it difficult for someone else to get "evidence" Either one wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Not that I or anyone else would actually know so it's a hard question to answer.

I have no doubt the Eels cheated though. They're not disputing the fine, they're disputing the 12 point penalty. If they were innocent then they would appeal it all. They want to salvage this season.

So yes, they cheated, and they should cop it and move on.

The following article was posted on the Daily Telegraph's website earlier this afternoon -

NSW government set to sack Parramatta Eels board
8b702f292893199ce52f223b78b28a09

David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
July 16, 2016 4:20pm
NSW deputy premier Troy Grant says he will take the extraordinary action of removing the entire Parramatta Leagues club board — as soon as Monday.

In a major development, which will be supported by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg, Grant declared that he has the legislative power to oust the current leagues club board.

Grant said he would appoint a temporary administrator after the NRL club’s plans to appeal some of the penalties for salary cap breaches. He will use legislative powers under the liquor and gaming act. The Parramatta Leagues club is under investigation by Liquor & Gaming NSW and the government believes it has enough evidence to remove the board.

“Overall there’s now a question that has come forward about whether the board is being effective in the interests of the members of the leagues club,’’ Grant told radio 2GB’s Ray Hadley.

“Under section 41a, the minister responsible, being myself, can seek advice from the independent liquor and gaming authority board to ascertain whether they are still fit to govern.

“And if not, I have the authority under the act to appoint a temporary administrator until it can gets sorted out.’

“I hope to have that answered as soon as Monday.’

On social media Greenberg tweeted that he supported government action to resolve the crisis at Parramatta.

“Lots of questions & concerns re Eels ... We strongly support any government move to make the Parramatta Eels strong. Players & fans deserve it!”

He then tweeted: “A strong front office will help restore the Parramatta Eels to the great club it could be & should be!”

The Eels on Friday announced plans to fight some of the sanctions, including a $1 million fine and loss of 12 competition points.

Chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao and executives Daniel Anderson and John Boulous, the so-called ‘Gang of Five’ were also deregistered as part of the sanctions.

Speaking on 2GB, Grant called into question the actions of the board following the release of the NRL’s report into its salary cap breaches and subsequent penalties.

“You’ve got to put service above self in anything that you do in public administration, or administration of a body that’s on behalf of others.

I’m not sure that’s being done,” he said.

“As the Minister, I don’t have any fear or favour in acting in the best interests of the Parramatta Eels Leagues Club members, and ultimately, the NRL footy club”.

With Mr Sharp, Mr Issa and Mr Serraro already banned, the government was now seeking a fresh start in removing the remaining directors.

It came as the club struck down three bids by separate groups to call an emergency general meeting to unseat the board.

Parramatta Leagues Club chief executive Bevan Paul said there were “legal problems” with the proposals for an EGM and voted them all down.

The Eels were found to have engaged in $3 million worth of systemic salary cap breaches since 2013 through the use of illegal third party deals, issuing false invoices and under-the-table player payments.

(Note to Mods - Link to article is above in opening sentence before quote).