What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telecrap at their lowest - Rugby league is not a sport, it's an atrocity

Thomas

First Grade
There's plenty of pro-rugby league comments in there, you drongo.

It's an opinion piece and this merkin is entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be.

juanfarkall

Coach
There you go the Union fan is suddenly supportive of the article.

Actually Thomas has also attended AFL matches too.
There is a pic somewhere of his gf Yeastie wearing her Swans tent.

I will see if I can find it.

Despite these tendancies he is not a bad bloke.

FWIW, there are rumours that he looks like a cross between the Carsguide gimp and Dim Tucker (News Yawnion journo and man who was dumped by elephantesque journo Cathy Border).

Last edited:

Thomas

First Grade
Actually Thomas has also attended AFL matches too.
There is a pic somewhere of his gf Yeastie wearing her Swans tent.

I will see if I can find it.

Despite these tendancies he is not a bad bloke.

Why did you make me think of that behemoth! WHY!!! Now I have to post it so other people feel sick. Yes, that's her girlfriend sitting next to her and yes, she has a mullet and yes, she's wearing a flag as a shirt. Flag or curtain. I'm not sure.

Bogan.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
They are also only letting certain comments through! You guessed it, not the pro rugby league comments!
Scumbags!

that's always the way

i've even tested them out a few times by posting two opposite opinions on RL articles

one saying the game sucks and will die and the other the opposite

the negative one gets posted every time. the positive is only 50/50

try it and you'll see what i mean

hutch

First Grade

It's an opinion piece and this merkin is entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be.

So you think that the amount of pro rugby league comments is relative to the sports popularity you 'drongo'! Mine certainly didn't get through and I bet a hell of a lot of others didn't.

And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, however the paper has no right to publish this article. No other sport ever has to cop this amount of sh*t, I don't see why rugby league has to. Why are you here so much anyway, do you even follow the sport?

They are also only letting certain comments through! You guessed it, not the pro rugby league comments!
Scumbags!
Thats correct. I put an early comment in about union getting into bed with the Nazis in world war 2 which hasn't been published, i wonder why?

Thomas

First Grade
So you think that the amount of pro rugby league comments is relative to the sports popularity you 'drongo'! Mine certainly didn't get through and I bet a hell of a lot of others didn't.

And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, however the paper has no right to publish this article. No other sport ever has to cop this amount of sh*t, I don't see why rugby league has to. Why are you here so much anyway, do you even follow the sport?

My comment didn't get through either, poppit. Don't have an aneurysm.

Why do you think that article was posted? Do you understand how the media works? It was posted because it will generate hits on their website and give them traffic. Yes, it's f**king horrible and the DT, which is a merkin of a paper anyway, shouldn't stoop to this level but the stark fact is that we'll see more and more of this trash as that's the way the Australian online news is heading. Sensationalist trash.

juanfarkall

Coach
Why did you make me think of that behemoth! WHY!!! Now I have to post it so other people feel sick. Yes, that's her girlfriend sitting next to her and yes, she has a mullet and yes, she's wearing a flag as a shirt. Flag or curtain. I'm not sure.

Bogan.jpg

But only a few men know the treats which lurk beneath.....

Don't you have other images of her or are they not for public display without an "adults only" warning ?

Would a Rugby League fan who sells car be allowed to write an article for News Limited about union and the Nazis in world war 2?

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, I have one other. A kiwi mate who came along posed next to her. I trembled with the phone as I took the photo, knowing that this she-dugong could become enraged at any minute but in reality, all I would to do is walk up some stairs to get away from her.

Bogan2.jpg

Thomas

First Grade
Would a Rugby League fan who sells car be allowed to write an article for News Limited about union and the Nazis in world war 2?

Is the writer a rugby union fan? Someone on here said he wrote something similar a few years ago about soccer and rugby league.

Von

Juniors
Most of us enjoy a good wind-up and satire, and even a laugh at ourselves, but this article wasn't even funny.
I kept reading, waiting for the punch line...but alas another woeful story from a so called "journalist".

In many ways, this article is a back handed compliment to our game. Whether it is a successful sportsman or politician, people don't waste their bile on unsuccessful talent. Just in the same way, crowds would boo Wally Lewis, Ian Botham, Richard Hadlee, etc, this bloke has had to resort to such attacks on RL.

The number of clicks and comments on the article don't suggest he wrote a good story, but rather the impact, enjoyment and relevance of RL on people's lives, and the media interest the game generates. News Ltd are well aware of that....hence they spent $500million trying to take over the game! Whether people choose to admit it or not, RL is still a huge money spinner for television, radio, newspapers and now internet.

This was a 'C' grade article by a 'B' grade "journalist".

RL will live long after this merkin has departed...

juanfarkall

Coach
Yeah, I have one other. A kiwi mate who came along posed next to her. I trembled with the phone as I took the photo, knowing that this she-dugong could become enraged at any minute but in reality, all I would to do is walk up some stairs to get away from her.

Bogan2.jpg

but you didn't did you.

Just imagine if Rugby League, Yawnion and Soccer marketing was effective as AFL's then you would have creatures like Yeastie at NRL matches every week.

Thomas

First Grade
Scarily, I took this picture at the bottom of some stairs looking up at her thus bringing gravity into the equation. If she wanted to she could have rolled over me like that large stone in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

russ13

First Grade
... When Balmain played Glebe in the 1915 grand final, young men were being sacrificed at Gallipoli...
This may not be correct. A stalemate or hiatus had developed in the campaign & the allies were reassessing their tactics & even considering retreat. Al Allied troops had finally left the peninsula by the following January.

Last edited:

Latest posts