What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dale Husband

vvvrulz

Coach
Have to mention this, its been a poor year in our commentary box as well and it would be great to see Husband and Halligan replaced next year.

Every time the Raiders touched down all you could pick up was a barely audible *grumble grumble .... josh number 2 ... sensational ... raiders ... ". Just plain amateurish and embarrassing, I really do miss Costo!

ramraider275

Juniors
I like husband in general my only gripe is when he commentates the local auckland games and is a bit one eyed about teams, i.e we won our comp and he didn't have much to say when he spoke about us but had heaps for the Cinderella clubs in Auckland LOL

IanG

Coach
Commentators dont say Dominique Peyroux last name Pay-rukes. Its not an accent its pronunciation. Sure its not perfect French but its an attempt to get it right. Why cant the same be done for Polynesian names?

Its not even that hard compared to English cos the vowel sounds are always the same so Tamou (Tar-moh) and Tupou (Tu-poh), Matulino (ma-tu-lee-naw), Kasiano (kuh-si-ah-naw) etc etc. They managed to do it with Clinton Toopi and Wairangi Koopus names so it can definitely be done.

I mean i dont even get why the commentators getting hated on for trying to get the names right?

Bloody tongue twister here
Stacey Jones (and no I don't know how to f**kin' spell it)

Micistm

Bench
I like husband in general my only gripe is when he commentates the local auckland games and is a bit one eyed about teams, i.e we won our comp and he didn't have much to say when he spoke about us but had heaps for the Cinderella clubs in Auckland LOL

He has his moments but IMO he is no worse than some of the second stringer aussie comment teams. The Bronco friday nighters have the most biased squad you can get, the second stringers of ex Raiders are idiots...
And one of my real pet peeves with the Aussies is their constant wanking on about their current darling, whoever it is at the time. Last night, it was Barba this, Barba that...Barba picks the ball up and runs forward and we all lose a load...

Micistm

Bench
...And game hasn't even kicked off yet and they've started. Slater! G.I. Slater! G.I. Slater! G.I. etc etc

playdaball

Bench
It looks like Ken Laban will be stepping up and will become the Sky TV RL commentator for 2013.

Official announcement to follow.

A good move but I'd like to see Dale Husband involved in some way perhaps in the McIvor type role?

Scott

Bench
Voss is definately doing the dunedin game.

Laban is staying with the Rugby team on sky.

Scott

Bench
Andrew Voss ‏@AndrewVoss9
I have been invited by @skysportnz to call warriors v broncos in dunedin sat nite.Thrilled to accept.It's game on baby!!!