What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did Scott Logan get Dally M points for slipping and falling on his backside? :lol:

smeghead

Bench
Which is why I am struggling to see why he got the 1 point over Chris Heighington

31 tackles, 154 metres gained and 3 offloads.

Going by those statistics wouldn't you say it was a joke that he got the one point??

In the end though thats what happens with Dally M points I guess

Rovelli

Bench
Captain Charisma said:
Wadeos making his way up the pack.

Brent Webb came in 8th equal in 2006 on 18 points, along with Lockyer and Civoniceva .

Wadeos got something to live up to, but if he carries on his stellar play from the past few weeks, he'll be right up there.

keeney

First Grade
It seems like it ay. Judges find their favourite pets in the first few weeks and shut the gates from then on. Not denying Farah's ability or form but he doesn't deserve the lead he has. Or some of the points he's gotten.

brooksy19

Bench
Logan deserved 1 point IMO, he was the most damaging forward on the park, every hit up he drew 3 + defenders or got away an offload, allowing Canberra to get roll on, the statistics don't take that into account, thus why you can't say Heingnington was more influential. and deserving of a point... imo.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I agree that Farah (and also Thurston, Smith etc.) poll points when they sometimes don't always deserve it.

However despite this, Farah deserves to be in the lead.

Timmah

Staff member
From news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl

VOTING in the prestigious Dally M medal has gone behind closed doors.

With just eight rounds to go until the end of the season, all the votes will now be tallied in secret and unveiled at the glittering Dally M Awards night in September.

Although Wests Tigers star Robbie Farah has been leading the points table for the past several weeks, the tally is still close enough that anything could happen.

...and That's all they said.

smeghead

Bench
To hazard a guess point from the Tigers v panthers match

3. Todd Payten
2. Chris Lawrence
1. Robbie Farah or Ritchiw Williams

Timmah

Staff member
IMO From the 'Dogs game:

3 Bobcat Ryan
2 Greg Bird
1 Willie Mason

Would've gone to Farah that one point btw smeghead, don't kid yourself ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Manly could win 60-0 on Friday and they'll still find a way to give Farah a point :fist:

smeghead

Bench
Dodger said:
IMO From the 'Dogs game:

3 Bobcat Ryan
2 Greg Bird
1 Willie Mason

Would've gone to Farah that one point btw smeghead, don't kid yourself ;-)

Maybe but I am just giving an assessment with alot of bias from my view of the game.

Knowing Dally M judging though Payten probably got 1 point only

Eddie.

Bench
Dally M can get a bit tirsome.

I would have to agree that whilst R Farah has been sensational, the likes of Payten have missed out on a couple of points along the line when they probably deserved them.

Payten will get the 3, Matt Johns usually gives points for Friday games and its usually 3 to the player they give MOM to, which was Payten.

gong_eagle

First Grade
top 10 when they went behind closed doors

0,,5548983,00.jpg

do you all reckon farah is a shoe in for it