What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

Mr Saab

Referee
Danish said:
Can someone tell me how they judge these awards??

They clearly don't run on how many points a player polls over the course of the year, because Anasta trumped lockyer big time in that department.

It seems that the system used to decide the player of the year is not good enough to decide the positional players of the year.

The judges decide positional awards. It is not based on points gained throughout the season

Red Bear

Referee
Anasta was very solid all year and excellent since Freddy took over. Sure he's been a nuffy previous season but this particular year he outplayed Lockyer, and should've got 5/8 of the year.

Apey

Staff member
Lol did anyone here the hosts comments about the Dally M award?

He said something like if Tigers won that last game then Farrah would have picked up some points.

Say gidley didnt get a penalty, and Morris kicked a field goal and Tigers won. How the f**k does that change Farrahs performance or amount of points he earns? He is practically just saying if your team wins, a playmaker on that team will get some points :lol:

Anyway, congrats to Thurston, well deserved!

Fast Eddie said:
I thought the funniest thing was that Pricey got like 6 points over the last 9 rounds.

I guess you have to be laying on try assists to get points.

Oh and that Tim Sheens and Ben Roberts were nominated for coach of the year and 5/8th of the year!!

maybe cause no one gave us a chance in hell of making the 8 when we lost benji yet we remained in the 8 for most the year

only thing i could come up with :lol:

Azkatro

First Grade
Spiltmilk said:
Is a full list of Dally M points avaliable?
I think nowadays the rugby league annual has all points for all games. It will be out in a couple of months.

Iafeta

Referee
I hear Luke Bailey polled more points than Steve Price

HOW THE f**k CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE???!!$^$()!)^(#)^*@#)^@^T@

Price just had one of the all time great seasons from a prop forward, outpointing Bailey in every department in club and rep games week in, week out. That is an absolute disgrace.

Tommax25

Bench
how is it that wade mckinnon finishes second in the fulback of the year award when brett stewart was 7th i think out of allplayers in dally m points and around 8 behind bowen, i dont know where mckinnon was i cant find a ful list of the table, but he wasnt in the top 10. now i know that they dont pick position awards based on points buts I just think its a bit ridiculous that wade mckinnon was 1 vote away from bowen when he was nowhere near him in dally m points. who is judging these things, where one players (stewart) gets more points in the player of the year award, presumably being better than other players in his position below him on points, and another gets less but is almost named the fullback of the year? doesnt sound right

Iafeta

Referee
IMO, the fracical Price/Bailey situation shows the need to ammend the Dally M. It should not be "3..2...1", because you can get 3 points playing good in a poor game, or 3 points playing outstanding in a great game, it doesn't reflect how tremendous your performance was. Or, you can be a marquee player at a mid table club, get a few wins and be guaranteed the 3 points. It should be every player on field is rated out of 10... And table it from there. There is simply no way known to man that Luke Bailey (no disrespect to him) was anywhere...and I mean anywhere near Steven Price this year. Steven Price played each game, so it's not as if Bailey got over the top of Price on the back good performances while Price was down and out. It's an absolute disgrace Bailey got above him, but the current way it's done allows too much favouring of the media darlings. Johns at times only had to lace up a boot to get the 3 points and Buderus two for sticking his mouth guard in. It's a farce that needs a dramatic overhaul.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL.
Aww that's a shame as Witt has been quite good this year.
He's the new Covell though!

innsaneink

Referee
Warriors

Ruben Wiki 1;

Dragons

Simon Woolford 1;

Raiders

William Zillman 1;

Warriors

Michael Witt -1;

Broncos

Tonie Carroll -1;

Dragons

Beau Scott -2;

Warriors

Michael Crockett -4;

Titans

Clint Amos -5.

Why minus points?

send off or sin bins?

mattyg

Bench
suspensions i think...whenever you get suspended you have 3 points taken off per game suspended IIRC.

Azkatro

First Grade
Haha, this list continues to crack me up:

--- snip ---
Souths
David Fa'alogo 3;

Souths
Dean Widders 3;

Warriors
E Luaki 3;

Warriors
George Gatis 3;
--- snip ---

I can just see the author now.. "hey guys, any of you know how to spell Luiaki's first name?" "Nah f**k it mate, just put E"

Latest posts