What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

smeghead

Bench
Congrats to Thurston and all of the other winners.

Was a top night.

Highlights include.

* Beccy Wilson being so drunk that she had to be assisted not only down the stairs but down the road
* Steve Clarke having a belly full of dutch courage and trying to "square off" with opposition fans giving him a gob full. He than got in a taxi and was sped away.
* The humour of watching APEC protestors behind fences at Central while normal folk just wandered past
* The Fox camera guys at the player arrival filming random nobodies, chasing people down the road etc

smeghead

Bench
Oh and also big congrats to all of the hall of fame inductees.

Most of whom were gracious enough to pose for pictures with fans and chat in atrocious weather, and of course Johnny Raper, great as always

Mr Saab

Referee
Moffo said:
remind me again how the f**k lockyer got 5/8 of the year? he didn't play for the last 7wks!

Who else was there?
Inglis didnt exactly kill it at 5/8 in his 1st yr regardless that they won 21 games
Anasta had 6 good games at that was at the end of the yr
Ben Roberts....he is shocking

Lockyer did a Bradbury

Mr Saab

Referee
smeghead said:
highlights include.

* Beccy Wilson being so drunk that she had to be assisted not only down the stairs but down the road
* Steve Clarke having a belly full of dutch courage and trying to "square off" with opposition fans giving him a gob full. He than got in a taxi and was sped away.

Are you serious?

voltron

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Who else was there?
Inglis didnt exactly kill it at 5/8 in his 1st yr regardless that they won 21 games
Anasta had 6 good games at that was at the end of the yr
Ben Roberts....he is shocking

Lockyer did a Bradbury

LOL
if anasta had gotten it (although it would not have been out of place)
the outcry of FARCE would have been even bigger

smeghead

Bench
Completely serious Saab

The Clark square up was " " because he walked past. Someone said something along the lines of How did you call such and such a knock on, He said "It went forward" Clark began to walk away said person than said you are blind you twig etc. He took exception and he and one of his friends turned around and puffed out their chests and walking towards this fellow. Security intervened and poured the drunk git into a taxi. (FTR this other person was not me)

Beccy was shattered. Absolutley blind drunk

Moffo

Referee
beccy the skanky

i just find it bizarre that lockyer got it when he was out for half the year. surely someone like anasta (who i hate to say it) deserved it more. he had a solid year

kooriguy

Juniors
smeghead said:
Completely serious Saab

The Clark square up was " " because he walked past. Someone said something along the lines of How did you call such and such a knock on, He said "It went forward" Clark began to walk away said person than said you are blind you twig etc. He took exception and he and one of his friends turned around and puffed out their chests and walking towards this fellow. Security intervened and poured the drunk git into a taxi. (FTR this other person was not me)

Beccy was shattered. Absolutley blind drunk

lol.. thats made my day.. i heard bec wilson is a real loose legs.. i wouldnt be game enough to find out tho :sick:

forward pass

Coach
Seriously folks, the Dally M awards are really a load of sh*t.

Take a look at the judges ffs - half of them wouldn't have a clue. Phil Rothfield???? Give me a break.

I've watched games and looked at the points the next day and can't believe who the points have gone too. They all have their favourite players and players they don't like - and they always seem to vote for the playmakers.

The system should be changed imo. There has got to be a better way than having a bunch of nuffies give the points. I think after each game, the captains should be asked their 3-2-1for the opposition. Got to better than some journos opinion!!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I thought the funniest thing was that Pricey got like 6 points over the last 9 rounds.

I guess you have to be laying on try assists to get points.

Oh and that Tim Sheens and Ben Roberts were nominated for coach of the year and 5/8th of the year!!

Shorty

Staff member
Congratulations to all the winners,they all deserved it.

People really must start watching games or educating themselves before making comments that are totally false.

Thurston carried and is still carrying his team into the finals,performing at like 70% and still playing very well.
He deserved it just as much as Farrah did it's just that Farrah was expected to by most people.

perverse

Referee
cam smith didn't deserve rep player of the year. other than that - pretty spot on i think.

smeghead

Bench
Smith getting rep player of the year was really the first sign Thurston would win the show.

Nice token gesture to Smith though

nqboy

First Grade
~knights~ said:
I thought thurston would of got rep player of the year for sure
I thought Smith (or Price) was robbed as MOM in Origin 1 when Thurston got it and both were uniformly excellent in the other two as well.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
melon.... said:
How the hell can Lockyear win 5/8 when hes out for half the season? Anasta has been in awesome touch.
Sorry melon, Anasta's an overrated hack.

Danish

Referee
Can someone tell me how they judge these awards??

They clearly don't run on how many points a player polls over the course of the year, because Anasta trumped lockyer big time in that department.

It seems that the system used to decide the player of the year is not good enough to decide the positional players of the year.

Latest posts