What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

Dodger said:
0,,5500636,00.jpg

Farah surges ahead

May 28, 2007 12:00
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

WESTS Tigers hooker Robbie Farah has maintained his lead at the top of the Dally M rankings and is two points clear his nearest rival, North Queensland Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston.

Farah turned in another three-point performance in the Tigers' gripping one point win over the Penrith Panthers on Sunday.

Thurston also earned three points in the Cowboys' win over the Bulldogs on Saturday night to keep up the pressure on Farah.

Cowboys fullback Matt Bowen scored two Dally M points in the win to see him move up to equal fourth place on the table with 14 points.

Newcastle fullback Kurt Gidley (third on 15 points) is out injured and missed his side's 71-6 caning at the hands of the Broncos.

The Titans' Scott Prince earned three points in his team's win against South Sydney to see him move into seventh place on the Dally M leaderboard.

NRL Round 11

Bulldogs v Cowboys Judge: Ben Ikin

3- Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
2- Matt Bowen (Cowboys)
1- Aaron Payne (Cowboys)

Raiders v Dragons Judge: Matthew Johns

3- Alan Tongue (Raiders)
2- Scott Logan (Raiders)
1- Neville Costigan (Raiders)

Sea Eagles v Storm Judge: Laurie Daley

3- Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)
2- Cameron Smith (Storm)
1- Matt Orford (Sea Eagles)

Sharks v Roosters Judge: Gary Freeman

3- Anthony Minichiello (Roosters)
2- Craig Wing (Roosters)
1- Danny Nutley (Roosters)

Titans v Rabbitohs Judge: Gorden Tallis

3- Scott Prince (Titans)
2- Anthony Laffranchi (Titans)
1- Luke Bailey (Titans)

Broncos v Knights Judge: Steve Mascord

3- Justin Hodges (Broncos)
2- Karmichael Hunt (Broncos)
1- Tonie Carroll (Broncos)

Panthers v Tigers Judge: Dean Ritchie

3- Robbie Farah (Tigers)
2- John Morris (Tigers)
1- Taniela Tuiaki (Tigers)

Eels v Warriors (Monday night)

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21804515-5012669,00.html

i thought was the worst game i have seen him play...He made 2 or 3 errors and was nowhere near as good as he normaly is and still got talked up

lockyno1

Post Whore
m0j0 said:
In addition to that, the Tigers have one game more than the Cowboys before the end of the season...

Farah will play Origin though in game 2, and who knows how he'll play post origin. I'll still be putting my money on Thurston.

icewind

Juniors
i reckon, as well as the 3,2,1, there should be an adjudged best player of the week, to receive an extra dally m point. That way, extraordinary performances like that of Thurston's can be given due recognition

t-ba

Post Whore
icewind said:
i reckon, as well as the 3,2,1, there should be an adjudged best player of the week, to receive an extra dally m point. That way, extraordinary performances like that of Thurston's can be given due recognition

The 3,2,1 is stupid. The Rothmans medal was based on players ratings out of 10 IIRC, which makes alot more sense.

DeeGan

Bench
t-ba said:
The 3,2,1 is stupid. The Rothmans medal was based on players ratings out of 10 IIRC, which makes alot more sense.

Even more so when a guy like Dean Ritchie is voting :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
DeeGan said:
Even more so when a guy like Dean Ritchie is voting :lol:

It's just awful. How come a high intensity contest like the Manly-Melbourne match is worth as many Dally M points as the Canberra-Manly touch football match at Bruce Stadium earlier in the year?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I didn't think Farah was that great yesterday. Nor the week before. Maybe I just expect too much after his form this season.

Regardless, he's still been arguably the best player in the NRL this season.

brooksy19

Bench
Farah made a bucket load of tackles and kicked the winning field goal, he wasn't as damaging in attack because Penrith really targeted him, but in doing so allowed our forwards to make more metres out wider.

I would of thought he deserved the two points at least, not sure who else really stood out. Wallace was quite good.

Mr Saab

Referee
Every player should be ranked 0-10.
Look at the Broncos game yesterday. Only 3 players could recieve votes when at least 7 players were deserving of points....Hunt, Lockyer, Tate, Carroll, Hannant, Petero, Hodges

mxlegend99

Referee
brooksy19 said:
Farah made a bucket load of tackles and kicked the winning field goal, he wasn't as damaging in attack because Penrith really targeted him, but in doing so allowed our forwards to make more metres out wider.

I would of thought he deserved the two points at least, not sure who else really stood out. Wallace was quite good.
I would of thought Pritchard would have stolen atleast 1 point, he got a few linebreaks, or set Youngquest up for them. IMO, he was our best.

lockyno1

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
I would of thought Pritchard would have stolen atleast 1 point, he got a few linebreaks, or set Youngquest up for them. IMO, he was our best.

getting charged for yet another high tackle didn't help Prittchard's cause!:lol:

mxlegend99 said:

besides the break Pritchardt was quiet but i agree with Youngquest should of at least got a point as well as Fitzy

smeghead

Bench
Yes.

3 Points: Price
2 Points: Thurston
1 Point: Anasta

Farah and Thurston are equal at the top of the Dally M's on 20 points

Latest posts