What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M's this week

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Canberra Vs Penrith
3- Preston Campbell
2- Ruben Wiki
1- Trent Waterhouse

Warriors Vs Dragons
3- Lance Thompson
2- Matthew Head
1- Shaun Timmins

Bulldogs Vs Cronulla
3- Steve Price
2- Jonathon Thurston
1- Mick Sullivan

Manly Vs Roosters
3- Brett Finch
2- Ned Catic
1- Jason Cayless

Melbourne Vs Newcastle
3- Andrew Johns ??? :shock: :roll:
2- Matt Orford
1- George Carmont

Brisbane Vs Parramatta
3- Adam Dykes
2- Nathan Hindmarsh
1- Tonie Carroll :?

Souths Vs Wests Tigers
3- Adam MacDougall
2- Bryan Fletcher
1- Scott Prince

Although I agree on most of them, except for that Newcastle game. How does Andrew Johns get three points, where guys like Cameron Smith, Robbie Kearns and Kurt Gidley played a lot better. Im sure Johns always gets awards just for turning up. :roll: I mean I wouldve agreed if he got just 1 point, by 3 points is way over the top. Unfair for Smith, Kearns, Gidley, they were unlucky not to get any points. Who's this Karl deKroo guy anyway?

Also Shane Webcke had a strong against PArramatta yesterday, shocked not to see him get a point.

DIEHARD

----
I bloody well hope you got permission from Melonhead! As everyone knows he owns exclusive rights to Dally M points! :lol:

How the hell did Johns get 3 points?!?!

Razor

Coach
Kurt Gidley was ordinary on Sunday. Johns didn't deserve any points, but deserved them more than K GIdley

Woolnough 3
Orford 2
Carmont 1

T Carroll got a point? How? And how did Luke Burt miss out on points?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ashley Harrison can count himself unlucky. I thought he played as well as Fletch, if not better...

Cheers,
Ben S.

tdcockers

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Who's this Karl deKroo guy anyway?

karl dekroo has been writing many good articles about the storm in the geald sun for many weeks now. not sure if he is employed by them though, he might be a fox sports writer

Anonymous

Juniors
The points for the Melbourne Newcastle game are an absolute joke. Almost as bad as the refereeing.

I think Scott Hill played far better than Matt Orford, who I think played within himself due to him not being 100% fit.

antonius

Coach
Have to agree on the Newcastle/Storm points. No way did Johns deserve any, The Knights forum has a poll each week on the clubs best player johns polled 8 out of 33 votes so even we don't think he should have polled any. Kennedy, Carmont, and Woolnough all played better than Johns, throw in Hill, and Orford, for the storm and I have to say you have to wonder how they came up with that scoring.

ibeme

First Grade
It seems as though Johns is automatically awarded the 3 points at the start of every match he plays, and all he has to do is not stuff up to keep them.

Tommy Smith

Referee
ibeme said:
It seems as though Johns is automatically awarded the 3 points at the start of every match he plays, and all he has to do is not stuff up to keep them.
Thats' why the DallyM's are a joke. I don't know who awarded the points for the match, but the commentators never help. When any player puts in a good kick the commentators don't mention it too much, but when Johns puts one in they go on and on for about a minute explaining thats why he's the worlds greatest player. Same for passes, tackles, and so on.

This is not Johns bashing. He is a fantastic player who has in the past been worthy of the Dally M. BUT, no-one can deny that Johns does get many points, and in the end awards that he does not deserve because of overreacting commentators and biased judges.

IMO the RLW player ratings are much better. It seems to me that only a half can win in the DallyM system which isn't fair at all as they are naturally more involved, where RLW reward consistency. That way forwards can win the award.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Dally M's are awards owned & run News Ltd, voted for by the journalists who all have their "boys". Remember the Rothmans Medal was voted for by officials??

I much prefer the RLW ratings as well. They reward consitency when you're not one of the three best players out of thirty four on the field & aren't as biased towards playmakers...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well if Johns continues to be awarded points as easily as he did yesterday hopefully they boycott the awards again this year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Come on team
we all knows johns will agian get the dally m because it dosnt matter what he does he will get points
he name 4 times will be a disgrace to the medal IMHO
i mean half the games he gets 3 for he dosnt deserve it

wittyfan

Referee
There's been games where Newcastle have been flogged and Johns still managed to get Dally M points. :lol:

Goleel

Juniors
Just like the clive churchill medal in the 2001 grand final, Johns got it for showing up.

I'd have to say Luke Burt was hard done by in the Eels game, he was the best on the park in my opinion, scored a try, set up another, was safe at the back and didn't do a whole lot wrong, deserved at least a point, I mean, if somebody can tell me what Tonie Carroll did out there I'd love to know, if Brisbane needed to get a sympathy point, give it to a top performer, like Barry Berrigan, who carved while he was out there, or Webcke, who had a solid game. Motu Tony would be a chance if he didn't defend like a timid cat.

Super Coach

Juniors
Why the big outcry with Johns getting some points. It was a toss up between him an Ben Kennedy for man of the match. Johns setup the second try, kicked a cruical 40/20, made several try saving tackles as well as setting up many opportunities with deft kicks. Sure it wasn't his best game but it deserved some form of recognition.

He didnt get any points in the first round because he didnt deserve any. That doesnt mean he had a bad game. Sometimes we crucify him if he doesnt kick 10 from 10 and score 3 tries.

Anonymous

Juniors
Super Coach said:
Why the big outcry with Johns getting some points. It was a toss up between him an Ben Kennedy for man of the match. Johns setup the second try, kicked a cruical 40/20, made several try saving tackles as well as setting up many opportunities with deft kicks. Sure it wasn't his best game but it deserved some form of recognition.

He didnt get any points in the first round because he didnt deserve any. That doesnt mean he had a bad game. Sometimes we crucify him if he doesnt kick 10 from 10 and score 3 tries.

After those comments you should remove the word super from your username.

There was no way in hell he deserved 3 points.

knightmair

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Come on team
we all knows johns will agian get the dally m because it dosnt matter what he does he will get points
he name 4 times will be a disgrace to the medal IMHO
i mean half the games he gets 3 for he dosnt deserve it

You guys are an absolute JOKE!! Johns is by far the best player in the world. He deserved the points. I wonder what you would be saying about him if he were in your side???? Jealousy..thats all it is. The guy plays a FULL eighty minutes...unlike fitler, orford etc. He does things now you don't even notice...because people just expect it.

Latest posts