What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai

kit66

Bench
Can we buy some forwards, please.

Agreed.
In 2013 Charlie Runciman was named in the NYC team of the year ( just one season ago - he's only 21 ) and is a very skilful centre, set to get even better with a bit of 1st grade exposure. In the 1st grade games he's played ( just a handful so far ) he's been really solid. Hopefully he'll get another shot when he recovers from injury.
We have Charlie, Aitken, Duges, Peter M, Farrelol and Nielsen, with depth in Thompson and Glymin if necessary. Gagai would be nice but is he really needed and how much does he cost ( at the expense of much needed forwards ). Remember we need a ship load of props / locks for next year.

TheRev

First Grade
We just bought 15 forwards, im not a fan of any of them so far, packer is the only one I'm excited about, and that agv whoever he is from the warriors.

In other words if were gonna buy any more forwards, I want a gun...

barry

Bench
Doesn't look like the coaches like runciman... Such a shame I thought he would be a starting centre by now...

TheRev

First Grade
Gagai would be a massive signing, I hope Mulholland get's his man.
Im glad were in the hunt, but id say were about #3 in the likelihood stakes, im not sure why Mulholland as a recruiter would have any pull over players, im assuming once signed theyd never see him day to day.

Im glad were in the hunt, but id say were about #3 in the likelihood stakes, im not sure why Mulholland as a recruiter would have any pull over players, im assuming once signed theyd never see him day to day.
he might have a connection with him from his days at newcastle hopefully

KiamaSaint

Coach
We just bought 15 forwards, im not a fan of any of them so far, packer is the only one I'm excited about, and that agv whoever he is from the warriors.

In other words if were gonna buy any more forwards, I want a gun...

I tell you who could be a gun forward, Tim Lafai. Great centre but my goodness he would make an awesome second rower in a year or two.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Gagai is still with Newcastle right ?
I could see a swap with Mata'utai happening.
Bros reunited at Newcastle could be a great bargaining chip !
Then again, the Broncos have Bennett and Hoffman (and I think his younger bro) up their sleeve.

TheRev

First Grade
Gagai is still with Newcastle right ?
I could see a swap with Mata'utai happening.
Bros reunited at Newcastle could be a great bargaining chip !
Then again, the Broncos have Bennett and Hoffman (and I think his younger bro) up their sleeve.
With Mata'utai, 4 brothers at 1 club would be super cool.. but.. how would they realistically fit in 1 backline? They have other talent there too.. same story with the Dogs, how could they every buy 3 Mata'utai brothers, and still fit in 2 Morris Brothers, a Lafai and so on... imo they have to split the bros up to different clubs.

1qaz

Juniors
Hai guyzzzz....
Remember me? Remember how I told you guys Beale signed for the Dragons but you wouldn't believe me. Remember how I said Beale was rubbish but you wouldn't believe me.
Remember how I said you should sign Gagai instead but you guys didn't want to sign a QLD cup player HAHAHA.
Where is Beale these days? HAHAHA

The Dragons has offered Gagai a 3 year deal...
Its big $$$$, they are looking to play him fullback.

BennyV

Referee
With Mata'utai, 4 brothers at 1 club would be super cool.. but.. how would they realistically fit in 1 backline? They have other talent there too.. same story with the Dogs, how could they every buy 3 Mata'utai brothers, and still fit in 2 Morris Brothers, a Lafai and so on... imo they have to split the bros up to different clubs.

They are chasing Folau too, pretty confident of getting him...

bhabs

Juniors
Hai guyzzzz....
Remember me? Remember how I told you guys Beale signed for the Dragons but you wouldn't believe me. Remember how I said Beale was rubbish but you wouldn't believe me.
Remember how I said you should sign Gagai instead but you guys didn't want to sign a QLD cup player HAHAHA.

But is it likely to happen?

bottle

Coach
Hai guyzzzz....

Hey man.
Remember when we said you were a douche?
Nothing's changed.