What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Tilse Sacked

NightofKnights

Juniors
According the the Courrier Mail (qld) it is Dane Tilse who has been sacked.

-----

The player sacked was Dane Tilse, a 20-year-old front-rower who last season played three first-grade matches. Tilse cannot play for at least 12 months and not for any other NRL club.

"The warning bells had been rung at the highest decibel and the possible consequences were known to every player," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"Given the information we have been presented with, it would be our intention to refuse to register a contract with that player once we receive formal notification from the Knights."

Tilse was sacked over a sexual assault allegation to come from the Knights drunken romp.

Ironically, it was one year to the day yesterday that the Bulldogs' Coffs Harbour scandal broke.

The 12 players were forced to front a media conference yesterday with stand-in captain Kurt Gidley reading a public apology.

Aside from Gidley and Tilse, the other players guilty of breaching the club's code of conduct were Dustin Cooper, 24, centre; Mark Hughes, 29, centre; Matt Kennedy, 24, front row; Todd Lowrie, 22, lock; Blake Mueller, 23, second row/lock; Luke Quigley, 24, hooker; Kirk Reynoldson, 26, second row/lock; Reegan Tanner, 23, second row; Daniel Tolar, 23, front row; and Adam Woolnough, 23, front row.

----

Raider_69

Post Whore
well that ends that chapter
Tilse had some decent raps on him too
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to Knights admin for the handling of this matter

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I'm very disappointed. :cry: Tilse has a lot of potential. It is a shame to see it go to waste. I, like a lot of others on here, was looking forward to what he had to offer our team this year.

However, the Knights have made the right decision. If Tilse was indeed involved with the alleged sexual misconduct, then he has been punished accordingly. I hope this sends out a big wake up call to other league players. Blatant stupidity will not be tolerated.

Misanthrope

Staff member
A real disappointment, as Tilse was a genuine prospect. That said, it was what had to be done. If you do something so stupid and so morally (not to mention legally) reprehensible- you deserve the punishment you receive.

Hopefully other NRL players will take Newcastle's sacking of Tilse is a genuine wakeup call. As horrible as last year's Bulldog allegations were- I think a sacking me be the catalyst for some worries from other players.

Maybe he'll learn his lesson and trial again next season. In the meantime, I'm glad it was dealt with swiftly so we can all get on with the imporant issue- and that's the game itself.

Wobbygong

First Grade
The kid's a nuffy I've been hearing about his so called "potential" for two seasons now, he's no real loss to you guys.

macavity

Referee
wish that was true wobby.

i just hope he keeps his training up and signs with us next year.

the kid has rep potential written all over him. we were expecting him to push Perry to the bench this year.

macavity

Referee
oh, BTW, I think the punishment is extremely harsh given the lack of concrete facts or police charges.

Kaz

junior
macavity said:
oh, BTW, I think the punishment is extremely harsh given the lack of concrete facts or police charges.

If they didn't have concrete facts, they wouldn't have sacked him.

Not many teams call a special board meeting over a broken curfew. Even though most of the team were involved.

Maybe the other players that were at campus spoke out.

Doctor

Bench
It's a tough lesson that has been learnt here. Dane Tilse, having been named by countless newsrooms as the sacked player, had a tremendous amount of potential. It is a real shame that his career has been halted in this way, but perhaps not permanently. In any case, it is a fitting benchmark -- I would hope that this is now the standard for all clubs to match when players are involved in these unsavoury incidents.

What I question is the Bulldogs' response to their own romp last year. The NRL deemed their incident to be, theoretically, five times worse than the Knights. Furthermore, more players were involved. Yet I don't recall any players having their contracts torn up -- why? The one response that I won't accept is that the police found no evidence of anything in the Bulldogs' scandal, because they did -- they just couldn't go ahead with what they had. This fact is on the record.

This is a strong response from the Knights, which is what the public needed to see. The so-called "Dirty Dozen" were given hefty fines in the broad scheme of things -- especially when you consider that most of them are, at best, fringe first-graders. Perhaps the most resounding of the punishments is the sacking. But any player involved in these inappropriate acts ought to be sacked -- I wouldn't have cared who it was.

Doctor

Bench
Kaz said:
Maybe the other players that were at campus spoke out.

This is the story being told, that the players who hadn't broken curfew actually reported the others to team management -- and so they should. I suppose one could argue that this represents a division in the team, that they cannot play as a team if they aren't prepared to support each other off the field.

But I commend the players who spoke out. It's one thing to back your teammates on-field and in a team environment. But it's another thing to harbour those who disgrace the club, the fans and teammates. As I fan, I feel like my team has let me down -- they represent the city, not just a football club. I'm angry more than anything -- and I don't get angry all that often, believe it or not. :?

eelsta

Bench
your club should be applauded :clap: :clap: for the stand they have taken, no whitewash here, what i really can't understand is how these players can be so dumb, no doubt alchohol played a big part but really #-o #-o

foetus_head

Juniors
I hope you are right Knights_fan13, cause that just shows that the players, well all but one, are looking out for the clubs interest. If this was covered up and then came out like the bulldogs incident I think we would be looking a much worse situation.

MrCharisma

Bench
Oswin said:
What I question is the Bulldogs' response to their own romp last year. The NRL deemed their incident to be, theoretically, five times worse than the Knights. Furthermore, more players were involved. Yet I don't recall any players having their contracts torn up -- why? The one response that I won't accept is that the police found no evidence of anything in the Bulldogs' scandal, because they did -- they just couldn't go ahead with what they had. This fact is on the record.

What I question is your stupidity.

How can you accuse someone of something, when they were'nt proven to have done it. You only want to hear what you want.

Simple facts where the Bulldogs dealt and still are dealing with the issue. Players were dealt with and so was staff, and if it wasn't proven to have happened, how can you tear up someones contract when IT DIDN'T HAPPEN?

Razor

Coach
he NRL deemed their incident to be, theoretically, five times worse than the Knights. Furthermore, more players were involved. Yet I don't recall any players having their contracts torn up -- why?

There was no evidence in the Bulldogs case.

They say consensual. She says rape.

No evidence either way, but her credibility is very low after it was proven that she lied to the police.

Don't know if anyone has admitted it, or supported the girls arguments, but there will be further evidence this time.

Latest posts