What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The simplest way to put it is this, we make the 8 if:

We win our last two games AND
Three of the four teams currently above us lose at least one of theirs.

It's actually a more likely scenario than it sounds, and will actually require multiple upsets NOT to happen. The two games we really need to watch are Sharks vs Cowboys and Broncos vs Knights, as long as the favourite gets up in one or both of those, our destiny is largely in our own hands (bar the Panthers and Titans pulling off epic upsets)

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Going to be a tense 24 hours or so, with the Broncos / Knights game tonight and then the Warriors tomorrow. By this time tomorrow we will likely either be looking very likely to make the finals or be all but gone depending on those two games.

Like SpaceMonkey says though, there would need to be upsets for us to miss out. If all remaining games go according to the favourites, we will end in 7th. I'm fairly comfortable that one of the Knights or Cowboys will lose this weekend, and I'm honestly more nervous about us stuffing up in our own games.

Refs been told Warriors need Broncos to win to have a chance at the 8 as Bris had it pretty tough calls and ones missed.
That was held any day of the week, got repeat set and score for knights to go in front.

Blair

Coach
A grandstand finish though...but now it's up to us to win tomorrow and then the Sharks to do likewise.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Heartbreaking, damn Broncos didn't do us any favours after leading 14-0 early on! Up to the Sharkies now...

Yep, and we have to win too don't forget.

At least we can enjoy tomorrow's game knowing we're still alive. Aint no dead rubber that's for sure.

Meth

Staff member
I'd love to play the Bulldogs in week 1. They're our best chance, I reckon

Aragorn

First Grade
its all or nothing tomorrow between the sharks and cows. if the cows win, then they'll take the #8 spot and its good night nurse to the warriors.

next week cow vs tigers (home); knights vs parra (home).

cant see either of these teams losing.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Yep, tomorrows game is just as big and important as tonights was, and totally out of our control. Even though the sharks are favourites I see it as being a virtual coin toss. Just have to hope it goes the right way.

Yep, tomorrows game is just as big and important as tonights was, and totally out of our control. Even though the sharks are favourites I see it as being a virtual coin toss. Just have to hope it goes the right way.

Could the Sharkies throw the game? They safe in the 8, can't make top 4, have 6th no matter what (max points for Knights, Cows&Warriors is 29,28,28) so first home semi.
Dogs have Brisbane next week, they have Raiders.

Hmmmm.....

WithTheDawn

Juniors
It depends how they approach it. It is true they dont have too much to play for, but will hopefully view it as a strong warm up for the finals, and would plan to rest some players for next weeks game if they win. I was hoping the Storm would beat Manly so they could have a sniff of the top four and more to play for, but as it stands they likely wont be as motivated as the Cowboys, who will know their season is on the line. Its going to be nail-biting stuff.

Meth

Staff member
Does the fact that we are in line for a spot in the finals this year represent real improvement under Elliot? Or is it just disappointing because we show in patches what we are capable of?

ozbash

Referee
Does the fact that we are in line for a spot in the finals this year represent real improvement under Elliot? Or is it just disappointing because we show in patches what we are capable of?

both,I reckon.

still a bit dubious re the teams mindset which I put down to coaching, but they are a better team with ME in charge . (there, I said it) :?

My main thought as we were leaving last night was 'where the hell did that come from'. Raiders are still a good team, despite the crap that's hit them of late. We just totally dominated for the first time this season..

One Warrior

Bench
both,I reckon.

still a bit dubious re the teams mindset which I put down to coaching, but they are a better team with ME in charge . (there, I said it) :?

My main thought as we were leaving last night was 'where the hell did that come from'. Raiders are still a good team, despite the crap that's hit them of late. We just totally dominated for the first time this season..

Not the first time Oz, we destroyed the Broncos in Brisbane the week after the Penrith defeat.

Micistm

Bench

I agree it's a bit of both. It's so frustrating when you see what they're capable of that at times for whatever reason they just don't front. Obviously it must frustrate the shit out of themselves as well though!

The Maths is a little easier to do now, not sure if we can rely on both teams we need to lose today to stay in the eight, but ultimately it's all about Dragon slaughtering now and hope for the best. And watching Fein on his last game:lol: