What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

Blair

Coach
In regard to this week though, in our narrow win over the GC at home this year Idris was one of the main reasons it was so close.

He's not there tonight.

Phil, I'll be relying on you for live comments tonight! It'll be an interesting thread, with our season absolutely on the line.

Benek

Juniors
If they couldn't get up for the Panthers game when they had every conceivable reason to be fired up I don't see how they'll have much motivation in the remaining games. I think at this point it would be almost a miracle to win all 3, and even then we need other results and a much better F/A to get in. Don't see it happening with this teams current attitude.

TheDMC

Bench
I can't work out whether we need Newcastle or NQland to win...

(edit) Probably Newcastle, they have 2 very easy games to end with and are still a point ahead of us - they'll make the 8. Nqland if they win, go ahead of us and much better points differential - we would need sharks to beat them next round...

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Yep, just mentioned this quandry in the other thread.

The Cowboys will win anyway.

I've worked it out mate. We definitely want Newcastle to win.

Deluding that we win our next two games - only Nqland will be realistic competition for 8th position.

Canberra toast cause we beat them.
Titans are toast cause they play Melbourne and Roosters away.
Penrith toast cause Bulldogs (home) then Manly (away) - they will lose 1.

So if Cowboys lose today then IMO we win our final two games and we are 8th. No differential coming into it.

If cowboys win today and next 2 games we are out due to points differential.

Knights should win their next two games.

I've worked it out mate. We definitely want Newcastle to win.

Deluding that we win our next two games - only Nqland will be realistic competition for 8th position.

Canberra toast cause we beat them.
Titans are toast cause they play Melbourne and Roosters away.
Penrith toast cause Bulldogs (home) then Manly (away) - they will lose 1.

So if Cowboys lose today then IMO we win our final two games and we are 8th. No differential coming into it.

If cowboys win today and next 2 games we are out due to points differential.

Knights should win their next two games.

Knights vs Broncos in Bris isn't a certain win, and Snowden will be sitting on sideline for a bit after shoulder charge.
Sharks vs Cowboys another interesting one, Cows like us traditionally not best travelers and Thompson has a broken jaw.

Those are the two most important games out of our control that don't look like certainties, but at the end of the day we need to win final 2 games and a smashing of one team or both would be helpful.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Round 25:

Obviously the Warriors need to beat the Raiders first.

These are the other four games we're worried about...

Broncos vs Knights @ Suncorp (Friday)
Bulldogs vs Panthers @ ANZ (Saturday)
Sharks vs Cowboys @ Remondis (Sunday)
Roosters vs Titans @ Allianz (Sunday)

If all four of those home teams win, we're 7th! :crazy:

If three out of four home teams win, we're 8th! :cool:

Keep the faith!!!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sharks vs Cowboys is the game I'm sweating on. You'd think the Knights will likely win their last two to wrap up 7th, but the Cows could easily go down to the Sherks and leave the gate open for us to nab 8th. I don't think either the Panthers or Titans will win both of their last two as they have tough runs so provided we win both of ours we'll leapfrog those two.

Blair

Coach
...Keep the faith!!!

So much better than being in the also rans for another year.

Could this be another one of those crazy, come from behind, runs we're known for?

After all our crap performances the word still around my town is that no one wants their team to play us in the finals.

It's been that way for years.

Rebel

First Grade
In order to make the 8, we need to win our last two games, and need 3 out the following four things to happen.

1. Knights - Lose one of these two games - Broncos (A), Eels (H)
2. Cowboys Lose one of these two games - Sharks (A), Wests Tigers (H)
3. Titans Lose one of these two games - Roosters (A), Storm (A)
4. Panthers Lose one of these two games - Bulldogs (A), Sea Eagles (A)

Pretty sure we are safe in regards to the Panthers and Titans (they have tough runs). The Cowboys and Knights have piss easy games in the final week however, so we really need to rely on one of them losing next week.

vvvrulz

Coach
Sharks are shot against the Cowboys, but that's about it really.
It should never have come to this in the first place unfortunately.

jamaman

Juniors
In order to make the 8, we need to win our last two games, and need 3 out the following four things to happen.

1. Knights - Lose one of these two games - Broncos (A), Eels (H)
2. Cowboys Lose one of these two games - Sharks (A), Wests Tigers (H)
3. Titans Lose one of these two games - Roosters (A), Storm (A)
4. Panthers Lose one of these two games - Bulldogs (A), Sea Eagles (A)

Pretty sure we are safe in regards to the Panthers and Titans (they have tough runs). The Cowboys and Knights have piss easy games in the final week however, so we really need to rely on one of them losing next week.

Knights L v Broncos
Cowboys L v Sharks
Titans L v Roosters, Storm
Panthers L v Dogs, Manly

:crazy:

hitman82

Bench
Last night's game makes me more confident.
Sharks are on the warpath, they will smash the Cowboys and leave it up to us to create our own fate.
Roosters will want revenge and will seal the Titans season.

Aragorn

First Grade
Last night's game makes me more confident.
Sharks are on the warpath, they will smash the Cowboys and leave it up to us to create our own fate.
Roosters will want revenge and will seal the Titans season.

The sharks played good last night.

They looked like a different team -maybe they were on something..... ASADA should investigate :lol:

hitman82

Bench
The sharks played good last night.

They looked like a different team -maybe they were on something..... ASADA should investigate :lol:

Ha! There is serious potential for this season's final series to become a farce if ASADA end up confirming info on 1 or more teams. Manly and Cronulla are on fire right now, for example.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
While I'm just keeping the faith by the slimmest of margins, I've still got that nagging feeling that we'll win the next two games and still miss out on the 8 by a meagre 1 or 2 competition points, which would've been overcome by winning any one of the 7 or so shouldacouldawoulda games that we've handed to oppositions this year (eg. Roosters at Eden, Souths at Mt Smart, Raiders at Canberra, Bulldogs at Wgtn & Sharks and Panthers in recent weeks).....

Aragorn

First Grade
I really dont give a f**k about this team making the top 8.

If they cant aim any higher and have the mentally of a top 8 being a successful season (like all you dreamers), then I'd rather see them finish 13th and be hungrier for it next season.

hitman82

Bench
I really dont give a f**k about this team making the top 8.

If they cant aim any higher and have the mentally of a top 8 being a successful season (like all you dreamers), then I'd rather see them finish 13th and be hungrier for it next season.

Even though we would be cannon fodder, at least it would give me one more game to watch. And that can't be a bad thing. (excluding the Penrith game...)

Making the Top 8 THIS SEASON would be a strong pass mark after 2012. Next season, simply making the 8 would not be a success of any kind.