What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

vvvrulz

Coach
I really dont give a f**k about this team making the top 8.

If they cant aim any higher and have the mentally of a top 8 being a successful season (like all you dreamers), then I'd rather see them finish 13th and be hungrier for it next season.

:lol: So you'd rather we finish 13th then sneak into the top eight?

More classic garbage from you.

Blair

Coach
Sorry to let ya down.

No worries, you can't be everywhere.

This weekend's going to be such a fascinating one as well.

Several key games as discussed here. What hasn't been said (and it probably doesn't have to be) is that the Cowboys and/or Knights must lose a game this weekend, and that's a decent possibility.

Their final round matches are in the bag for them.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
With the new finals system even sneaking into 8th gives some cause for optimism. There are 4 top sides in this year's comp and then the rest, playing 5th first up should give us a chance.

Aragorn

First Grade
All right then, I'll give you a fair shot.
Tell me why its better for the Warriors to finish 13th instead of 7th/8th.

read what i wrote in my original post you peanut.
peanut-gift-enclosure.jpg

captainwarrior

Juniors
I get where both Aragorn and vvvrulz are coming from. I don't want us to make the 8 and then think of it as a big pass mark when in actual fact we played like shit for majority of the season. But in saying that I want to see us get in the finals because I think we'll oppose a threat in the first week (especially if we play the Dogs) and then who knows.

Pretty nervous knowing with who the Knights and Cowboys have in round 26 that our season will most likely be decided by late Sunday afternoon.

vvvrulz

Coach
Last year we were the worst thing other than Parramatta. To make the finals this year I think its a huge achievement even if we fall in week one.

I don't see how finishing 13 can possibly make the boys 'hungrier'. If anything a top eight finish will give us a taste of where we should be and strive for more, crashing out these two games would just make it worse.

I was attempting to have this *discussion* with Aragorn before he proved once again normal conversation is well beyond him.

Aragorn

First Grade
Last year we were the worst thing other than Parramatta. To make the finals this year I think its a huge achievement even if we fall in week one.

I don't see how finishing 13 can possibly make the boys 'hungrier'. If anything a top eight finish will give us a taste of where we should be and strive for more, crashing out these two games would just make it worse.

I was attempting to have this *discussion* with Aragorn before he proved once again normal conversation is well beyond him.

It doesnt matter whether you came 2nd, 8th, 13th or last. Every year is a failure until you reach the ultimate - and that is winning the competition. That is the way champions think. They settle for nothing less. Either play to win it all or dont play it all. But you wouldnt know that. You would happily take 8th - and thats ok - because you're not a champion.

key word here is champion - look it up in the dictionary if you dont know what it means.

vvvrulz

Coach
It doesnt matter whether you came 2nd, 8th, 13th or last. Every year is a failure until you reach the ultimate - and that is winning the competition. That is the way champions think. They settle for nothing less. Either play to win it all or dont play it all. But you wouldnt know that. You would happily take 8th - and thats ok - because you're not a champion.

key word here is champion - look it up in the dictionary if you dont know what it means.

So you'd rate taking 2nd and taking the spoon equally?

I'd take 8th as a good year given the circumstances, its all relative. If you really believe what you are saying then you must be a miserable Warriors fan given we haven't won a title yet.

Aragorn

First Grade
So you'd rate taking 2nd and taking the spoon equally?

I'd take 8th as a good year given the circumstances, its all relative. If you really believe what you are saying then you must be a miserable Warriors fan given we haven't won a title yet.

yes, a miserable Warriors fan. this club has been nothing but a disappointment each year.

however, I'm smart enough to hedge my bets.

thats why i am also a huge Storm, Manly & Bulldogs fan!

One Warrior

Bench
yes, a miserable Warriors fan. this club has been nothing but a disappointment each year.

however, I'm smart enough to hedge my bets.

thats why i am also a huge Storm, Manly & Bulldogs fan!

Also clearly a massive troll, a disappointment each year, where were you in 2002, 2008 and 2011. Clearly not supporting the Warriors, you must of been devastated when the Warriors beat your Storm in the Finals first round 2008 and 2011 Preliminary Final. Must of been gutting for you when your team lost those Premierships for cheating.

Aragorn

First Grade
Also clearly a massive troll, a disappointment each year, where were you in 2002, 2008 and 2011.

of course i was disappointed.

& you and vvvnutz were probably giving high 5's in 2002 & 2011 like you'd won something?

& what happened in 2008? did we win something? no.

vvvrulz

Coach
I suppose its my fault for trying to converse with the fool and expect something other than the usual nonsensical trash.

Dav0c

Juniors
If we win our next two and Newcastle lose one of theirs, we're in the eight regardless of what happens in the cowboys games? or have I calculated wrong?

LeagueNut

First Grade
If we win our next two and Newcastle lose one of theirs, we're in the eight regardless of what happens in the cowboys games? or have I calculated wrong?
I think that's right, but it also assumes that both the Titans (vs Roosters & Storm) and the Panthers (vs Bulldogs & Sea Eagles) don't win any of their games as well.

TheDMC

Bench
For us to make the 8, basically the following must happen:

a)Warriors win their final two games
b)Newcastle or Cowboys lose one of their remaining two games (probable but by no means definite)
c)Titans and Panthers lose one of their remaining two games (almost certain)

There is a slight scenario whereby we could still squeeze in if say one of Newcastle or Cowboys lose a game but one of Titans and Panthers win both theirs. But that would require us to hammer victories in both of our games and that whichever of Titans/Panthers won both, victory would be by slim (less than 5 points) margins. We would need 70 points or so differential improvement.

So basically we are toast if:
* We lose a game
* Two of Panthers/Titans/Newcastle/NQland win their remaining games

I would say the chances of us making the Top 8 are about 30%. If we make the 8, could well be in 7th place.

TheDMC

Bench
I think that's right, but it also assumes that both the Titans (vs Roosters & Storm) and the Panthers (vs Bulldogs & Sea Eagles) don't win any of their games as well.

Not any rather its both, winning one wouldn't help them unless Nqland and Newcastle both lost both their games...they're two points ahead already and much better for/against

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
There are actually still scenarios where we can still make the 8 after losing this weekend (or next weekend, though not losing both). Relying on assorted combinations of the other 6 teams around us losing of course.

Gonna be an interesting weekend of games!!!!

Micistm

Bench
**** it gives me a headache sorting these things out. I'll just hope for two wins and see what happens. It'll be easier on the last round to see exactly what needs to happen...and if the Drags kick us that's easy to work out from there. Fein will be on a mission in the last round

Latest posts