What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm going to assume we will win next week and the Titans will lose one of Storm/Roosters away.

Its basically down to the Cows losing today.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Does the fact that we are in line for a spot in the finals this year represent real improvement under Elliot? Or is it just disappointing because we show in patches what we are capable of?

I think it has to be seen as an improvement. Obviously something was wrong up until after the Panthers game, but we have won 8 from 12 since then I believe, which would put us right around the edge of the top 4 if we could have done that all season. The three match losing streak has been the only bad footy we have played in several months, and even the very top teams have had moments like that. Consistency is still an issue, but we are certainly playing a lot better under ME at the moment. It will just be a shame if we miss finals footy because of our abysmal start to the year.

I'm going to assume we will win next week and the Titans will lose one of Storm/Roosters away.

Its basically down to the Cows losing today.

Yeah, spot on. Titans might be able to do one upset, feasibly. But no way both of them. As long as the Coyboys go down today its hard to imagine our boys not lifting big time for next week. It all comes down to the Cowboys game. Feeling nervous.

Blair

Coach
Sunny, warm first day of Spring in the Sutherland Shire today. Shame those fragile boys from the Tropps didn't get a miserable southerly howler.

Not sure whether to follow the game or to just find out the score at the end? The off-season is, what, six months long?

C'mon the awesome Carney, Gallen and co. Gotta love those guys today!

Juju

Juniors
I'm mentally preparing for the Sharks to lose - I need to limit the heartbreak...

Aragorn

First Grade
sharks play like yoyo's. Fantastic one week, terrible the next. Given they were fantastic last week, I predict the shit will hit the fan this week and the cows will walk away with the marbles.

cows +12

warriors season over.

TheDMC

Bench
Quite likely that the Cowboys win today - but it wouldn't extinguish all hope, not quite.

Tigers could feasibly come to the party in Round 26. Playing Cowboys away from home, but Tigers have won 8 out the last 10 meetings with them, including a few up in Queensland. Benji's last game, they will be fired up. And despite a miserable season, and hammerings by Roosters and Souths in 2 of the past three games (+ a big away win over St George) there have been signs that the Tigers have improved - they dominated periods of both games against Roosters and Souths, before fading badly. And they pummeled St G.

Okay its a long shot, daring to be slightly delusional. Can't find any scenario in which Newcastle loses to Eels...

WithTheDawn

Juniors
I was wondering how the odds evened up so much. God damn it. Good start though at least, 6-0 to the Sharks.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Yep...Cowboys have run in the last 2, and are looking a lot better than the Sharks at the moment. Go figure.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
12-all at half time. Sharks starting to look a little better, but Cowboys still the better looking side I think. This could be tight.

TheDMC

Bench
At least the Sharks are playing hard...no carney towards the backend will be particularly crucial, he closes out games so well...

TheDMC

Bench
Bukuya already playing for the Warriors! He looks a pretty dynamic player, really gets involved and on the ball (by a finger tip that last try)