What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

Juju

Juniors
Seasons over for mine. Coming in at 8th is pointless really... you're just cannon fodder.

At least we did show some guts over the year as it was so grim early on.

The last two games have been so frustrating as I think it was just the other teams having a better attitude than the Warriors that cost us,

NZ Warrior

First Grade
They have been frustrating. It's like watching a misfiring machine.

You're just left thinking that if a few plays were finished off or we held the ball, things would be different.

Also, not blaming the match official errors for the loss, but it just pisses me off to no end. If they are going to be shitty at what they do, why can't they be consistently shitty to both sides!

I cannot wait for this season to be over. I was so much happier in the off-season. I wish I supported the movie version of The Warriors, then I could beat up pansies who roll around on rollerskates!

vvvrulz

Coach
Seasons over for mine. Coming in at 8th is pointless really... you're just cannon fodder.

I don't mind if we get bundled out first round, which we probably will if we make it. Getting to the playoffs after what happened last season is a huge achievement.

vvvrulz

Coach
Also, not blaming the match official errors for the loss, but it just pisses me off to no end. If they are going to be shitty at what they do, why can't they be consistently shitty to both sides!

It was even more annoying that the commentators pretended most of the bad calls never happened other than the short restart penalty. At least the #9 guys call a spade a spade.

ozenzud

Juniors
I don't mind if we get bundled out first round, which we probably will if we make it. Getting to the playoffs after what happened last season is a huge achievement.

Agreed. What was happening last year and at the start of this season, was making me think I might have time to take up a hobby. I'd have time because I wouldn't be watching the warriors. But they have been bloody entertaining.

Manly, would have to be one of the favourites I reckon on that form

WellsNZ

Juniors
If you can get in then anything can happen, it's unlikely someone goes all the way from 8th but there's a chance. Warriors fans if anyone should believe that.

Remembering that in 8th you play 5th in the first week of the finals, you don't just get served up to Melbourne or the Chooks straight away.

They've taken Melbourne and Manly down (granted they were at home) they've taken the Roosters down over in Aussie, they certainly won't be favourites but there's reason for a little optimism.

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
While I did expect Manly to win, it was definitely frustrating to see the manner in which we were beaten (stupid errors/decisions, lacklustre performance in general), just glad it was only a 15pt loss!!!

I really hope they can sort their sh!t out this week, even if we win next week but with similar play to the past fortnight I'll be a bit disappointed.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Round 23 could either be very good......

* Bulldogs beat Raiders in Canberra
* Cowboys beat Titans in Townsville
* Warriors beat Panthers in Auckland
* Combined winning margin for Cowboys & Warriors is greater than 70 points
* Warriors finish Round 23 in 8th spot :cool:

.....or very bad:
* Broncos beat Eels in Brisbane
* Cowboys beat Titans in Townsville
* Panthers beat Warriors in Auckland
* Warriors finish Round 23 in 13th spot :(

My pick is we'll finish Round 23 in 9th spot, leading into a match against the 8th-placed Titans in Round 24.

Diesel

Referee
Warriors, Cowboys and Bulldogs should win, Broncos mostly likely will win but I'll be in the stands of Suncorp cheering on the Eels. I have a good record at Suncorp when the Broncos play, 1 win and 9 losses over the past few years.
I'll be at Skilled as well cheering on the Warriors, so by the end of round 24 we should be in the 8

Last edited:

Micistm

Bench
Bulldogs 16 - Titans 26
That didn't help.

Yeah, I guess, to me I've never really been a watcher of the table, hoping other teams do this or that...more interested in the Warriors stepping up and taking the games they should rather than relying on other teams. It's natural this time of year of course, but there's two teams immediately above the Warriors, that the Warriors are playing. The destiny is in their own hands.
If THAT doesn't motivate them to fire up, nothing will

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Well the Sharks was one of those sorts of games as well, and nothing was going right for the Warriors (even a couple of the Sharks tries ended up being tin-arsed luck in my mind).

Had a play on the ladder predictor earlier for shits and giggles, the Titans & Raiders are definitely the linchpin to our final hopes. If we win all 4, but they both win their other 3 games not against us, then we'll all end up on 30pts, and the most unfavourable results for us (Knights/Dogs/Sharks winning most of their other games) would be Titans sneaking into 8th on better P/D.

However we can also get as high as 5th if a number of unlikely results go our way!

Cautious optimism FTW!

Micistm

Bench
While I did expect Manly to win, it was definitely frustrating to see the manner in which we were beaten (

Which I why I don't watch other teams win/loss in relation to what it does to us on the table.
For two weeks in a row, we had the chance to get into 8th, both times the Warriors failed to front up and could have won at least one of those. It isn't good enough, so do not deserve to be there.
If they can't motivate for the Raiders & Titans when they play them, then IMO there is a lack of application there meaning they aren't a playoff team. Yet.
There's a lot I like about the Warriors this year though, certainly reason to think they may do well in time. There are a lot of old habits to eliminate though IMO, laziness and switching off the big one

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I try not to think about the numbers when watching the Warriors, but I like numbers! I'm just a numbers kinda guy I think...

Latest posts