What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

Meth

Staff member
We need to really thrash at least two of those teams (Panthers and Dragons I'm thinking).
Otherwise its going to be a very nervous finish.

"Winning ugly" is very nice but it just won't do anymore.

As much as people are pointing to the Panthers game as being the catalyst for our form reversal, I think it will be the defining game of our season. I can't remember a season where points differential has been so important.

Blair

Coach
As much as people are pointing to the Panthers game as being the catalyst for our form reversal, I think it will be the defining game of our season. I can't remember a season where points differential has been so important.

Was even miffed when Johnson missed that field goal at the end of Friday night's game.

What if finals qualification came down to one or two points?

Let's have one of those awesome 44-12 hidings we used to dish out quite often.

Diesel

Referee
We need to really thrash at least two of those teams (Panthers and Dragons I'm thinking).
Otherwise its going to be a very nervous finish.

"Winning ugly" is very nice but it just won't do anymore.

Raiders and Sharks are also teams we should put away. Raiders are terrible on the road (bar Mount Smart last year)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Raiders and Sharks are also teams we should put away. Raiders are terrible on the road (bar Mount Smart last year)

Both teams have two competition points and +40 differential on us at the moment. If we beat both handsomely, we can potentially leapfrog both teams and land in the 8. The Sharks in particular are thee for the taking right now.

TheDMC

Bench
5 of our 7 games are against the other teams in the mid-table log-jam. Its not a matter of winning big, just a matter of winning 5 games, maybe 4 good enough. If it does come down to points differential then we don't really deserve to make the finals and if we do, we will simply be making up the numbers.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Round 20:

1. Dragons beat Raiders (shaky)
2. Rabbitohs beat Titans (likely)
3. Warriors beat Storm (hmmm...)
4. Sharks beat Panthers (hopefully)
5. Our winning margin over the Storm and the Dragons winning margin over the Raiders has to be greater than a total of 28 points.

TOP 8 BABY!!

Diesel

Referee
The run home is promising;
Storm (h) we'll win or just lose by 2
Sharks (h) with ASADA asking questions after the game
Manly (a) will probably lose, however it's moved to the CC
Penrith (h) payback time
Gold Coast (a) 50:50 game, I'll be at this game cheering them on
Canberra (h) win to us
St George-Illawarra (a) first win at Win since '96

5 from 7 and we should qualify

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I picked us in my picking comps this week even though we're not favourites, something I never do. Got a good feeling (something I never usually rely on). We got dis :cool:.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Sharks and Titans both got hammered last week so that brings F/A a bit closer (although still not great). If we win 5/7 including games against Sharks and Titans then our F/A should take care of itself though.

Need to win 2 of our next 3 against Storm, Manly, Sharks. Don't want to have to rely on winning all of our last four, even if they are winnable.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah the key games are definitely the Titans, Sharks, Penrith & Canberra, given that whatever difference we win by (assuming we win) gets double as far as catching up with points differential (our gain their loss).

Heading up to Auckland later today for the Storm on Sunday, can't wait!!!!!

Micistm

Bench
The cynic in me senses us crawling into the top eight, having a loss and immediately dropping out again Lol

Aragorn

First Grade
I picked us in my picking comps this week even though we're not favourites, something I never do. Got a good feeling (something I never usually rely on). We got dis :cool:.

dam, I think you've jinxed us!

never reveal you're inner thoughts on your bets until AFTER the game.

Blair

Coach
Plenty of good people are saying this week's game will be close, real close.

Naturally, we'd take the win but a draw would be good too I reckon. It would make our dodgy points differential irrelevant (unless, of course, one or more of our rivals have draws as well - which, on numbers, is unlikely).

AEST noon kick-off on Sunday. That always makes for a change in plans to watch the game. Too early to get on the beer!

Blair

Coach
The Hoodoo continues!
Bugger for us!

Yep, other results not really going our way this weekend.

Bulldogs beat Parra (we knew that), Broncos pipping Cowboys (not a massive deal to us), Raiders 'lucky' (according to ABC Radio Grandstand) to beat Dragons (Fien a 'shocker') but Souths' outclassing Titans (thus far - yay!)

Look, we just have to keep winning. Can't rely on all this other stuff going on.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Round 21:

If we beat the Sharks by more than 25 points then we're in the eight, regardless of other results.

If we beat the Sharks by less than 25 points then we need at least one of the following to happen:

a) The Broncos beat the Knights in Newcastle, or

b) The Storm beat the Raiders in Canberra AND the Storm and the Warriors combined winning margins are at least 24 points.

:D

flippikat

Bench
I think Warriors will make the 8.

Titans, Panthers & Broncos are on too much of a knife-edge, and will lose enough to be out of contention soon. 

Of the 9 teams above that, the Raiders have a brutal set of away games left, and they can't win away.. so they'll drop out.

From there, anything can happen.

TheDMC

Bench
This could be moving round...

Brisbane please pump Knights.
Roosters, give the Panthers a rogering.

And then don't blow it warriors...

Melbourne and Wests to win, and all good in the hood