What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith is the greatest administrator in RL history.

Watched it. Referee was spot on sin binned two and sent off 2 including the pork chop Nathan brown for wests who should get a long stint on the sideline for bringing the game into disripute. It really is that simple march players who fight no matter what the grade

Strong chance the media will make a meal of this incident

Course they will, and before long rugby league players will be getting the same punishment for fighting as soccer players.

Media still haven't relented with their anti-league propaganda I see. Wonder if bunniesman and kmav have more ideas of how to make us "family friendly", apparently the last 3 solutions haven't worked worth shit :lol:

taipan

Referee
One player deserved to be sent off.The guy is an absolute out of control jerk.He came in determined to commit carnage on whoever''s head happened to be there.The other guy who got sent off,maybe 10 min was sufficient but he started the ball rolling by being dumb.The other two 10 minuted deserved.

As long a refs are consistent all the way,so be it.
It's when one guy gets 5 weeks ,another gets off that curls my whiskers.

The ref set up is 100% improvement this year on the BOTD rule last year.Refs at least say this IMO is a try,prove otherwise.Especially after the Cows v Manly try last year froma clear as the hair on Gillard's head knock forward.
refs are not perfect and there will be the odd mistake,but if anyone expects perfection by a ref or umpire in any code,then they are living in la la land.

Son of Minto

Bench
Wait, there was a fight last night?

I thought the biff was banned? How could there have possibly been a biff if, like all the doomsayers have been whinging about, it's been banned?

adamkungl

Immortal
The ref set up is 100% improvement this year on the BOTD rule last year.Refs at least say this IMO is a try,prove otherwise.Especially after the Cows v Manly try last year froma clear as the hair on Gillard's head knock forward.
refs are not perfect and there will be the odd mistake,but if anyone expects perfection by a ref or umpire in any code,then they are living in la la land.

Agreed, big fan of the new video ref setup.

I think instant sin bin for throwing a punch is a total overreaction, and really is just going to make them look silly because there's no way this can be sensibly enforced if there are 4 or mroe players involved in a fight. What are they gonna do, call the game off?

And banning the shoulder charge was a very poor decision.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Agreed, big fan of the new video ref setup.

I think instant sin bin for throwing a punch is a total overreaction, and really is just going to make them look silly because there's no way this can be sensibly enforced if there are 4 or mroe players involved in a fight. What are they gonna do, call the game off?

And banning the shoulder charge was a very poor decision.
4 were sent or binned in the u20s at once. If a lot of people get involved it's their own fault. The team with enough smart players that don't get involved in a brawl will have more left and will almost certainly win.

4 were sent or binned in the u20s at once. If a lot of people get involved it's their own fault. The team with enough smart players that don't get involved in a brawl will have more left and will almost certainly win.
Need more MENSA players out there.
You got any Brainiac mates looking to play?

Spot On

Coach
I've been critical of Smith at times in the past. The man has singlehandedly eliminated fist fights from Rugby League.

There is no end to the uneducated statements you and Kmav continue to make. Why on earth you wrote this will puzzle mankind for eternity. I suppose it is clear you have never played rugby league. That is part of the answer. You continue to make silly, stupid and impulsive predictions that are always proven incorrect. Your ASADA predictions were simply idiotic considering the lack of evidence before them. When will you learn?

There is no end to the uneducated statements you and Kmav continue to make. Why on earth you wrote this will puzzle mankind for eternity. I suppose it is clear you have never played rugby league. That is part of the answer. You continue to make silly, stupid and impulsive predictions that are always proven incorrect. Your ASADA predictions were simply idiotic considering the lack of evidence before them. When will you learn?
He likes to stick his neck right out.

First Grade

I will have you know Constable hideunderthebed male model form cooggee via coffs back alley brawler Mensa member proffessional poker player alpha male Bunniesman played Harold Mathews at one stage. He is an authority on the game from all aspects, despite never having actually been to a stadium at the same time a real life NRL game was being played.

Teddyboy

First Grade
If someone had told me a year ago that the shoulder charge and biff was going to be axed and NRL was to be on 5 nights a week I would have said they were crazy.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If someone had told me a year ago that the shoulder charge and biff was going to be axed and NRL was to be on 5 nights a week I would have said they were crazy.
How good is it. So many things have improved in such a short time. That's the reason for the thread title.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
the 5 nights is kind of the "necessary evil" for the money.

As for the fighting and shoulder charges, you are absolutely right, Gallop would never have tried to do something as stupid as make the game safer or enforce the implied morals of say "fighting is wrong".

How good is it. So many things have improved in such a short time. That's the reason for the thread title.

your a troll (or an idiot) and your not helping the case.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
the 5 nights is kind of the "necessary evil" for the money.

As for the fighting and shoulder charges, you are absolutely right, Gallop would never have tried to do something as stupid as make the game safer or enforce the implied morals of say "fighting is wrong".

your a troll (or an idiot) and your not helping the case.
So you agree with me and still call me names? f**k off idiot.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Hopefully the billion $$$$ deal will give the NRL the money to plan well for the future and we just have to accept that for that dosh the NRL will have to be told what to do until the next deal which by right's the NRL will calling the shot's.
hope they don't waste the dosh like the ARU did.

Spot On

Coach

YOU ARE A f**kWIT!!!!!!!!! SEE ORIGIN 2, 2013, 53RD MINUTE MARK. RIDICULOUS f**kING RULE. Stopped the punches hey. You need to admit you were very, very wrong.

Last edited: