What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

david klemmer

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bitch slap king. Embarrassing to see a man as big and tough as he obviously is lowered to imposing himself by slapping people. What a terrible outcome of a decision to try and sanitise the game. I used to take the pss out of afl for the shirt fronting and false bravado, we have become the same, sigh...

Kiwi

First Grade
Wonder if the dogs will be able to afford his next contract...
I hope not, he is already turning into a grub, following in Reynolds and Grahams footsteps. He is a great player, under a better coach and away from a grubby team he would be even better.

BennyV

Referee
I hope not, he is already turning into a grub, following in Reynolds and Grahams footsteps. He is a great player, under a better coach and away from a grubby team he would be even better.

Mentioned this in another thread - if he learns to control his aggression, there's no reason he can't end up as the best prop the game has seen, considering where he is at 21.

But I wonder if he will learn that under Des at that club...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He is only a baby too. Could rein in the insanity a touch but boy does he run the ball well.

Packy

Bench
So now that the haters can't bag the player they are aiming at Des?

You merkins are weird.

ek999

First Grade

Lol

Klemmer won't be going anywhere. Him, Jackson, Mbye Rona and Lichaa will be priority signings to keep long term

I still don't see what all the fuss is about. He had a slightly above average game last night.

Ran 11 times for 88 metres with one tackle bust, made 17 tackles, missed one. Ok, not terrible stats for a bench prop but he didn't set the world on fire either.

People are just getting carried away because he had a couple of dust ups where he pushed and slapped a few Queenslanders.

Woods was the best player on the park by some margin and if you're talking bench impact, Trent Merrin was far more influential last night imo.

Klemmer wouldn't even make the top ten players from last night yet people are talking about him like he had a Jarryd Hayne from game one 2014 type performance.

Slightly above average footballer, could potentially be better but nowhere near as good as the wraps he's getting in this thread. Not yet anyway.

Dutchy

Immortal
Merrin's 9 runs for 47m provided more impact?

It was the entire starting pack who lifted with the ball (except Scott) All running over 100m (except Scott)

Hoffman was exceptional again.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This guy is a freak of nature, and it's insulting to compare him to Gordon Tallis, he is NOT Gordon Tallis (who was a cat in his days, mind you), he is his own man, he is the current David Klemmer.

He is a fearless beast who gets fueled by fan boos, running with a full head of steam looking to torments those who dare to step in his path.

f**k I'm glad he's a Bulldog!

betcats

Referee
I still don't see what all the fuss is about. He had a slightly above average game last night.

Ran 11 times for 88 metres with one tackle bust, made 17 tackles, missed one. Ok, not terrible stats for a bench prop but he didn't set the world on fire either.

People are just getting carried away because he had a couple of dust ups where he pushed and slapped a few Queenslanders.

Woods was the best player on the park by some margin and if you're talking bench impact, Trent Merrin was far more influential last night imo.

Klemmer wouldn't even make the top ten players from last night yet people are talking about him like he had a Jarryd Hayne from game one 2014 type performance.

Slightly above average footballer, could potentially be better but nowhere near as good as the wraps he's getting in this thread. Not yet anyway.

Its not just his numbers he comes and just dominates the opposition physically. He makes everything as a personal battle and gets under everyones skin. That last ten minutes he took it to the qld pack and came out on top and its nothing to do with metres or tackles made, its about physically imposing yourself on the opposition. Ive never seen Corey Parker rattled like Klemmer had him last night.

Vic Mackey

Referee
People rely too much on Stats to decide if someone had a good game. There are so many unmeasurable in the game.