What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner

JJ

Immortal
He has played a number of tests and ODI's

you're amusing really - yep, 2 tests and 8 odis... he's a fixture!

I can't get over his first class record - Jamie How was on the radio today saying how he almost feels embarrassed walking out to bat in a test with his current record... Hauritz must cringe when he looks at his record and wonders what others think of him - Redmond destroyed him, and Redmond is really only a journeyman bits and pieces player

lockyno1

Post Whore
Haurie had Redmond's number, a couple of lucky slogs does not change that. Haurie made Vettori look 2nd rate as a batsman. Haurie will improve on the test and ODI recod (he'll be our ODI spinner)

JJ

Immortal
Haurie had Redmond's number, a couple of lucky slogs does not change that. Haurie made Vettori look 2nd rate as a batsman. Haurie will improve on the test and ODI recod (he'll be our ODI spinner)

:lol: at both of those

But seriously, any test class bowler (Hauritz is not even a first-class bowler, an ordinary club level bowler from what I've seen) should have Redmond's number... and Vettori is a 2nd rate batsman - that's why he bats at 8 or 9 FFS

lockyno1

Post Whore
Vettori has batted in the top 6, he averages 40 odd with the bat in the past 2 years. Redmond has unique ability with the bat, I hold high hopes of him at the top of the order.

JJ

Immortal
Vettori has batted in the top 6, he averages 40 odd with the bat in the past 2 years. Redmond has unique ability with the bat, I hold high hopes of him at the top of the order.

I'd be surprised if Vettori has batted in the top 6 other than as a nightwatchman... yes he's effective, but that's about it.

Redmond is ordinary - Martin Crowe who knows a little more about batting than you was scathing about him.

Hauritz is terrible - he would be lucky to play first class cricket in NZ

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be surprised if Vettori has batted in the top 6 other than as a nightwatchman... yes he's effective, but that's about it.

Redmond is ordinary - Martin Crowe who knows a little more about batting than you was scathing about him.

Hauritz is terrible - he would be lucky to play first class cricket in NZ

he cant get a game for NSW either

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
umm warne and mcgrath take up TWO of the four bowling slots ... we went through; Bichel, Kasprowicz, Gillespie, Tait, Reiffel, Cook, MacGill, Hogg, Miller, Bracken just name to name a few and bar tait, cook and hogg they all got pretty good runs in the side
sh*t you have good memory, what i mean is we shouldnt rely on the same player when we are wining games, give the guys a rest and bring the youngsters, thats all

A couple of flukey big-hitting innings may have gone to his head and wallet... got dropped in the 2nd over today and then very next ball trys the same thing and gets out, when only needing 4rpo.

Lets not kill the bloke like they have with Pommersbach!

I saw the end of the game just before when he took a catch and it said 'caught sub'. He's had a quick fall from grace...admitedly he was never selected for the Aus T20 side, he was just in the right place at the right time.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The weird thing with Pommersbach is that in 4 day cricket he has produced some amazing performances in 2008. It is almost as if he is a victim of WA's terrible ODD form, where he too often was coming in at 1/0 or close to it. I still fell he'll be a great no4, not sure if he is a no3 where he has been batting though. I'd still be backing him to play ODI and test cricket. He has all the shots.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes but not Warner..he is yet to play 4 day cricket for crying out loud. The ODI openers will be Sean Marsh and Watson.