What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner

aussies1st

Staff member
Warner looks a lot better just trying to smash the crap out of it. I think he is our Afridi, not so good blocking so may as well have a smash.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously... but the way people on here were carrying on, you would have thought he's the new Gilchrist.

His strike rate is better than Gilly's was at that stage of his career, he's generally around 150 to 200 where as Gily was around 100.

Not a good technique and probably not a test player.

He clears the front leg towards mid wicket for just about every shot, that makes him a good hitter but not a very good defender which he'll need to work on in his 4 day game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly and they will be and no tripe by some Victorian will prove it otherwise. They picked Symonds despite being in s..t form.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
should be in our ODI squad now

showed last night he can compete at international level

Bigfella

Coach
One thing that struck me about his running was his turning. He is very quick but is slow to turn, so was often struggling when running twos.

A bit of time at this elvel should get that sorted ASAP.

Tom Shines

First Grade
One thing that struck me about his running was his turning. He is very quick but is slow to turn, so was often struggling when running twos.

When you can hit it that far, who gives a f**k about running?
:)

Yeah, especially with Hussey etc. being able to push the gap to run alot of twos. If he impresses in the next Twenty20 I would love to see him have a crack in the ODI's, it'd be interesting to see how he handles it.

roopy

Referee
Any game he scores 50 in we should win - and if he fails in twenty 20 it doesn't really matter.
He is perfect for twenty20 - and might be OK in one dayers.

I'd like to see him working on his game with the aussie coaches because anyone who can deliberatey cut a 150klm per hr delivery over the slips for 6 has an eye like Mark Waugh or Adam Gilchrist, and some serious coaching could turn him into anything.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Any game he scores 50 in we should win - and if he fails in twenty 20 it doesn't really matter.

Very true Roopy. I heard something one day that when Jayasuriya scores a 30+ score Sri Lanka win over 80% of matches.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He could be anything, but i hope they just don't pidgeon hole him into just a 20/20 slogger. He plays good cricket shots as well, has to get a go for the Blues at Sheild Level soon.

Hanscholo

Bench
Cant believe they are refusing to add him to the one day squad. That knock against tassie was just as amazing as his innings last night in Melb. I dont recall ever seeing a player pick up the ball so well.

beads6

First Grade
Warner was unreal last night and he surely deserves a spot in the one day squad.. We are in need of a big hiting opener like Gilly and we have found him in David Warner. I hope he can be consistent he is great to watch

mozza91

Coach
Stop comparing Warner to Gilly he is a cowboy who has proven nothing but he can play this 20/20 rubbish