What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De Gois

keeney

First Grade
Panthers 45 mins for 2 runs (20m) & 24 tackles (2m)
Souths 57 mins for 7 runs (112m, 1 lb) & 39 tackles (4m) (1 offload)
Dragons 60 mins for 6 runs (38m) & 27 tackles (10m) =/ (1 offload)
Titans 52 mins for 6 runs (55m) & 27 tackles (5m)
Storm 56 mins for 6 runs (43m) & 30 tackles (7m)
Eagles 57 mins for 7 runs (34m) & 22 tackles (3m) (4 offloads)

Seems solid and improving. Why si Kingston keeping him on the bench? Is De Gois more impact in the way Sullivan used to be for the Sharks?

Last year

He played 24 games, 18 off the bench, for 8 tries, 2 Try assists, 495 tackles, 9 line breaks, 15 offloads and 3 kicks.

Johns Magic

Referee
Why si Kingston keeping him on the bench? Is De Gois more impact in the way Sullivan used to be for the Sharks

Yeh Kingston is seen as more "solid", and De Gois is seen as more dangerous off the bench.

If you really want to see what he's capable of go to nrl.com and watch the Sharks vs Souths game this year. Thats the match that sealed the deal for me(in terms of wanting him at Newcastle).

BWNB

First Grade
Would have been nice to see him stay.
How does that see you see you bloke go?

keeney

First Grade
Yeah, just based on stats that was the game I was gonna watch.

Think he is capable of being an 80 minute hooker for us? Or do you think Smith is gonna go back to his 2 hooker game plan. I could see Hilder and De Gois being a decent rotation. Hilder starts the game, De gois comes on after 20 minutes with hilder shifting to 2nd row.

keeney

First Grade
Would have been nice to see him stay.
How does that see you see you bloke go?

His opportunities in FG were limited last year, but he's got good commitment. he looks bigger this year and as such is probably better at handling the week in week out stresses of FG. Last year it looked like it was all too much after a few rounds, he looked tired and not up to the defence. He's got a couple penalties in him a game. Not getting to watch junior games has biased my report, but he was a Kiwi's A hoker before seeing FG and has big enough raps on him that you assume they come from somewhere.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah, just based on stats that was the game I was gonna watch.

Think he is capable of being an 80 minute hooker for us? Or do you think Smith is gonna go back to his 2 hooker game plan. I could see Hilder and De Gois being a decent rotation. Hilder starts the game, De gois comes on after 20 minutes with hilder shifting to 2nd row.

I think he can be an 80 minute hooker. I see no reason why he couldn't be.

BWNB

First Grade
Thanks for the report, he will make his debut for the Sharks this week.

Jono078

Referee
Funny... On Fox Sports 2 they were just showing Parra V Sharks from last year..

As soon as I turned to the channel Greg Alexander started talking about how good De Gois is and that he'd been carving Parra up and already made 3 linebreaks (after 50 mins).

Spike

First Grade
Out of the current batch of hookers that were off contract, apart from Flanagan, this guy would have been my second choice. Pretty happy about the signing

otori

Juniors
Yeah as I've said before, star hookers really are rare so a promising young kid that might develop into a strong clubman is very desirable. Here's hoping he sees himself at Newcastle for the long term.

mxlegend99

Referee
So glad that the Knights are no longer in the market for a #9 for next season... the less interest other clubs have in Masada Iosefa, the better.

Knights01

Juniors
Gee filling Buderus' shoes is almost (if not) impossible... I am a bit of a Flanaghan fan - but he has started slowly out of the blocks this year. I was surprised that he signed with Canberra...

De Gois is a solid, solid player... he will offer some stability around the ruck and with his age has the potential to settle into the roll long term - which will hopefully work well with the scrum base partnerships (whoever that is - with Mullen, Bailey, Walsh and Dureau all pushing each other week in week out)...

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
You can never replace a man like Buderus. I think De Gois is the best option we had though, im happy. We are gonna miss Buderus but I can still see us improving and becoming contenders with De Gois at the helm.

Latest posts