What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De Gois

knights_86

Juniors
ALSO- isnt it great to be talking about the many options we do have for once rather than not having enough options due to injury and sh*te players like in previous years!

we should all savour this season to date, i am truly proud of the way our team is playing at the moment.. i hope it lasts for years.

So assuming we are only paying De Gois like 200k~250k (being genorous) and considering we will probably resign Aku, Dureau, Royal and Taufua how much cap space are we looking at here? How much do we have left to spend on a quality centre?

Looking at our roster, we probably will sign another 2 or 3 fringe guys at dirt cheap, maybe shed 2 or 3 frige guys such as Doogs x2 etc... I'm starting to think if we dont shed a decent player we probably cant afford a good centre... Collis will probalby demand a good 250k to 300k and Coops probably a 50k more then that dont you guys think?
Your guess is as good as anyone elses. I doubt we gave De Gois 200K just yet though. He hasn't even figured in rep call ups yet. Not saying he won't though. Farah has some serious competition next year with Isaac and Flannagan pushing for the NSW spot. De Gois may even figure in City vs Country this year I reckon.

Burwood

Bench
:roll:Hopefully they haven't given him an incentive based contract- he's already captained his country

otori

Juniors
Your guess is as good as anyone elses. I doubt we gave De Gois 200K just yet though. He hasn't even figured in rep call ups yet. Not saying he won't though. Farah has some serious competition next year with Isaac and Flannagan pushing for the NSW spot. De Gois may even figure in City vs Country this year I reckon.

Two things. De Gois is the Portugal captain so technically he has played rep football even if the team is about as good as the Cessnock U12.

Also, Isaac Luke is a Kiwi. Won't play SOO anytime soon.

roopy

Referee
Two things. De Gois is the Portugal captain so technically he has played rep football even if the team is about as good as the Cessnock U12.

Also, Isaac Luke is a Kiwi. Won't play SOO anytime soon.
Portugal is actually a pretty decent side. If they could get a local comp up and running they would come very close to a world ranking in the top 20.

Hanscholo

Bench
So assuming we are only paying De Gois like 200k~250k (being genorous) and considering we will probably resign Aku, Dureau, Royal and Taufua how much cap space are we looking at here? How much do we have left to spend on a quality centre?

Looking at our roster, we probably will sign another 2 or 3 fringe guys at dirt cheap, maybe shed 2 or 3 frige guys such as Doogs x2 etc... I'm starting to think if we dont shed a decent player we probably cant afford a good centre... Collis will probalby demand a good 250k to 300k and Coops probably a 50k more then that dont you guys think?

I doubt we will get Collis but i think we have a lot of cap space. We didnt ever really replace, O'davis, Johns, Kennedy or Tahu either with players of a similar value. Then there is the 200k we are saving not keeping Reynoldson. I know we have obviously put some money out to get Houston, Wicks etc but surely there were all bargain basement. I reckon we have enough to buy an international quality centre.

Now, getting one to come will be the hard part.

Johns Magic

Referee
I doubt we will get Collis but i think we have a lot of cap space. We didnt ever really replace, O'davis, Johns, Kennedy or Tahu either with players of a similar value. Then there is the 200k we are saving not keeping Reynoldson. I know we have obviously put some money out to get Houston, Wicks etc but surely there were all bargain basement. I reckon we have enough to buy an international quality centre.

Now, getting one to come will be the hard part.

Mate the players you're talking about left the club 5 years ago, I'm fairly sure there money has been well and truly used up.

Wasn't Reynoldson only signed here til the end of this season including the extension?

Yosh

Coach
I still cant get over the 'other' quality hookers at our club... Like in all honesty who?

Young? Hilder? If Bedsy gets injured or suspended we are going to be in a lot of strife... Acutally Hilder and Bailey could play the same time, with Kidley doing that Roaming thing he used to do could work I guess...

Johns Magic

Referee
I still cant get over the 'other' quality hookers at our club... Like in all honesty who?

Young? Hilder? If Bedsy gets injured or suspended we are going to be in a lot of strife... Acutally Hilder and Bailey could play the same time, with Kidley doing that Roaming thing he used to do could work I guess...

Yosh it was a joke

Jono078

Referee
It's unbeleivable, he's getting better by the week!

Really impressed with him.

Only question mark I have over him is his fitness, I don't know if he can go the whole 80.

Bicey_18

Bench

Only question mark I have over him is his fitness, I don't know if he can go the whole 80.

Wont need to really... I think he and Hilder will interchange during games

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
A mate of mine heard that he was trying to get out of the deal. I know he can't now but it makes you wonder if he really wants to be at the Knights, might not get the best out of him.

shane1970

Juniors

He played the WHOLE 80 minutes last night and at the end was still running around like a chook with it's head cut off - he was everywhere - non stop. Hope he brings it with him!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts