What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

dragon-83

Juniors
as we all probley recognise Deano has been struggling . Do u guys think his days i1st could be numbered?

j0nesy

Bench
Yeah I agree Johnsy, I have always considered Dean Young a backrower. He's your old fashioned, 80 minute, no fuss, 40 tackle, club rugby league back rower. However he does have a decent short ball playing game. The problem for Youngy is that we simply have too many good back rowers. His versatility is pobably his worst enemy.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
movealongpeopl128622042109378742.jpg

Stupid thread. I hadn't noticed he's struggling. Apart from the missed tackle on Mortimer for the 2nd try, what did he do wrong on Sunday?

He was instrumental in our 1st try, is always the first to fire up the team, talks a lot, makes 40 odd tackles, and plays with true passion. He'd be in my starting 13 every week.

Stupid thread. I hadn't noticed he's struggling. Apart from the missed tackle on Mortimer for the 2nd try, what did he do wrong on Sunday?

He was instrumental in our 1st try, is always the first to fire up the team, talks a lot, makes 40 odd tackles, and plays with true passion. He'd be in my starting 13 every week.

He also missed Jared Hayne at the end there more than any other player quite horribly!!!!

TheRev

First Grade
The most obvious solution is to replace Young with Paea, kill 2 birds with 1 stone, kkthx.

mightydragon

Juniors
His piss weak efforts on Hayne(not alone though) and Mortimer were disgraceful. It cost us 12 points without even looking at his poor attack.

TheRev

First Grade
If i wasnt so lazy, id like to go run video of Young and Fien's last few games.... and see for myself, I do notice when were sluggish/indecisive out of dummy half, and it really kills our momentum, but I've been too busy gnawing off my own arms to notice specifically who is at fault.

I still think you have to count raw tackles done though, if Young wasn't making them, someone else would have to. Also his leadership is important.

I forgot we even had Priddis, where is he hiding?