1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Dean Young

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by blacksafake, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

I'm not sure if he will ever coach the dragons and as for experience, I'm happy for him to stay on and learn from another coach in Griffin, as i think it will also benefit Griffin and the club, then perhaps move on to another club as an assistant or head coach to extend his learning further.

As far as coaches go, he is very young and has plenty of time to learn as much as he can...

St Georgio likes this.
  2. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

I feel similarly however some of his selection choices so far have been poor. Denying us the best chance of winning and getting a look at who else we have to play with moving forward. I am relieved to see Cody get picked but there's a few others that should be playing today at the expense of some consistently disappointing performers.

Griffin won't be shy of pulling the trigger.

3. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Yeah I agree but he was on a hiding to nothing to be honest given the reins when we were realistically out of contention anyway. He will learn.

4. possm

possm Coach

What is Young's win/loss % now. Go and learn how to coach before applying for the next head coach job in the ESL.

Defence today is shocking. I can't see the value in having Dufty or Aitken on the field.

5. J.moz

J.moz Juniors

Dean young no idea if he made changes in dropping norman .

6. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

Deano Deano Young applied for the position and D Furner says we are Top 4 Material OMG.
    So in reality Griffin had no real threats, the good old hook has his work cut out and and as far as assistant DY can go to the Tigers, we need a complete fresh start!

7. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Bring in Griffin now....Please...today is embarrassing.

8. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Griff should tell Deano where to be playing players where he wants them to play as a trial next year so no time wasted

do some of you guys really want Deano to stay after that effort?

can someone please explain to me what Deano has done in the last few years to deserve staying at the club as coach

Griff needs a full clean out staff and players who are not performing

9. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

I really believe Hook needs to assemble a new group of assistants and support staff for next year. Dean Young is an old voice around the joint that just doesn’t seem to have the desired effect on the teams woeful defence.
    I would be pleased to see Hook resume his partnership with Garth Brennan from their successful Panthers days winning lower grade premierships and developing juniors.

He’s out of work since Titans sacked him as a head coach & maybe can slip back in the old role of Hook’s assistant. He has the runs on the board winning a NYC & NSW Cup with the Panthers before being promoted to NRL assistant.
    Much better results and apprenticeship that poor Deano.

10. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

We need a complete fresh start with fresh Ideas, as far as DY is concerned the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, he need to go far far away from the Dragons

11. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Great Idea as well as a realistic option

12. MattyDragon0028

MattyDragon0028 Juniors

They asked young in the press conference about blooding juniors and he didn’t seem too confident in doing so.

he used the term “raw”

hopefully he goes as he’s been apart of the failure

13. possm

possm Coach

Yes, Brennan and Wane would make a good couple of assistants.

Dragon David and Coffs dragon like this.
  14. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

After seeing Cody today it’s quite clear Deano needs to blood a few youngsters at least to give them a taste to get them ready for next year

Drop EA , Norman and Hunt at least for rest year
    They have already checked out anyway and give some young kids who will be excited to give it a go next 2 weeks

Dragon David and I'm Hornby like this.
  15. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Definitely agree...
    These scheming snakes:snake: have to go.
    Young jr..... First.

Warabrook saint likes this.
  16. citizen

citizen Juniors

I don’t think he used the word “raw” when talking about the juniors. He was implying the feeling of the game was a raw.

We have to be mindful of bringing in a lot of youngsters into this environment. In saying that I can’t see why Aitken is still there and that Blacker still hasn’t been given a run.

17. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

What do you mean by this environment? There's two games left and we're no chance of accomplishing anything this year.

Give some of the other younger guys some game time so Hook can get a feel for who is ready to have a crack next year and who needs some more time in CC.

dragons girl, Mjab and ALSGI like this.
  18. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

I will just have a guess and suggest what @citizen was saying is that blooding youngsters now in such a downward spiral, may in fact work against them.

Overall I agree that we should have given chances to juniors this year. Its the timing that I think may deflate them if things go sour.

Warabrook saint likes this.
  19. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Duffy's defense is none existence....
    Maybe Ramsey is getting a warm up..?

I'm Hornby likes this.
  20. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

Fair point but I think any collateral damage would be limited seeing as there is only 2 games left.

Ramsey was the only guy on the park who looked like he wanted to be there today, more blokes making a debut will bring more enthusiasm and better attitudes in the short term IMO.

dragons girl, Mjab, ALSGI and 5 others like this.