What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell's future according to Lett

The Nick

Bench
A mate of mine was talking to Michael Lett at the NSW Aboriginal Knockout in Armidale on the weekend, and asked him what was happening with Wendell's future. Lett reckoned that Dell was as good as retired and that Bennett had promised him first crack at Dell's vacant wing spot. I'm not sure what this means for Nightingale, but I speculate that our backline will look like this next season:

1 Boyd
2 Morris
3 Tagive
4 Cooper
5 Lett
6 Sowie
7 Hornby

God-King Dean

Immortal
If Lett is gonna be a permanant first-grader, the club should pay to have his ears pinned back. Those ears would add 2 seconds to his 100 metre time.

watatank

Coach
Wow very interesting.

I have a feeling we will look something like this

1. Boyd/Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Nightingale/Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Lett

Cagey Mac

Bench
Why are people so unkind Dean
You must now watch Dumbo fifty times and in any case, a following wind would add at least 10kph

tevoro

First Grade
If Lett is gonna be a permanant first-grader, the club should pay to have his ears pinned back. Those ears would add 2 seconds to his 100 metre time.

Ah.. but those very same ears will allow him to hear the calls from the other side of the field, let alone his center partner.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
grapevine.png

mjk_898

Juniors
Wow very interesting.

1. Boyd/Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Nightingale/Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I think this is the most likely. I'd much rather Florence at fullback than Boyd.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I smell bullsh*t.

Taigive and Nightingale will get a wing spot over Lett.
Tagive is injury prone and yet to prove himself in the NRL as well. He has only 8 games under his belt for crying out loud, why on earth would he be a certainty? I thought this season made it pretty clear Nightingale was being groomed for a utility or centers role, depending on what was required of him next year. I don't think Bennett sees him as anything but a fill-in winger.

Tagive and Nightingale will be fighting it out for a centers role, Nightingale getting first shot I imagine. It all depends on whether the rumors about Boyd are true or not, then the whole landscape changes.

Irrespective of all of that, offensively, Lett is our most dangerous winger besides Morris. There is no substitute for pace. This year in his 5 odd games he averaged 140m+ and found the tryline quite a few times.

Godz Illa

Coach
Wow very interesting.

1. Boyd/Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Nightingale/Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Lett
Yep, if what The Nick and Michael Lett say is true, this is how I see it going also.

What I've liked about Lett in his time this year in first grade and particularly what I saw of his appearances for Shellharbour is his (dare i say) Blacklock-esque knack for floating infield around the ball. Recall the Manly game, where, as the left winger, he helped set up a try for Soward on the right hand side of the field. For Shellharbour he also showed a definite tendency towards this kind of roving role. I liked it and think it can add something positive to our play.

At least we've got plenty of options

and i think it's safe to say that we know bennett will choose the best team from the players avaliable

boxa777

Coach
I am more than happy for Lett to play on the wing.. One of the disappointing parts of the last 2 seasons is watching how well he has performed in the handful of games he has been allowed to play.

Given an entire season, I reckon a lot of people outside of our club will realise what a gold egg we have been sitting on for a while.