What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024 in Review

nswarrior

Juniors
I have been so disappointed, after the last season.

Sure we had some bad luck with injuries and SJ having a blinder last year and a poor season this year hampered by injuries.

In hindsight it’s easy to say but our recruitment for 2024 was shocking - wasting money on RTS who is now too slow, CHT is not 1st grade level, Capewell is too old. Very Kearney like recruitment- all about culture but nothing about form and talent.

The team was too old and too slow all, we don’t have genuine 2nd rowers as Barnett, Nioukore and Ford have put on too much bulk and are better suited to prop. I feel this weakened our defence as the lateral movement was missing.

Added to the 2nd row issues apart from Barry, the centres, 1 wing and fullback are so slow. Oldest and slowest team in the comp.

Forwards made plenty of metres but we couldn’t do anything with it!

Blair

Coach
Dallin should be off to England. They'll love him - the flaying locks, the big dive - all over again.

Matua

Bench
Referring to DWZ or the suggestion he should be moved?

really is time for a rebuild and a focus on development imo
No, that's my review of the season.

I didn't feel the need to waste anymore words.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Theres a lot of dead wood that needs to be cleared and I'm not confident it will be. I'm very nervous about how next year will be, because a few egos might need to be chopped down to get the team we need to be competitive

Meth

Staff member
1 more game to go, but autopsy may as well begin now.

5 games or more-

Adam Pompey C plus - A depth signing who played surprisingly well at times and to type at other times. Too slow.

Ali Leiataua B - A lot of promise. A bit injury prone?

Chanel Harris Tavita- C - Goal kicking was shaky, but he was never supposed to be kicking. We looked best with him at 6, but that was probably more to do with who was (and wasn't) at 7

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad- C - Hard working, but looking increasingly tired.

Dallin Watene Zelezniak- C minus - Great finisher, shaky defender. Sick of his milking.

Edward Kosi- D - A depth signing who gets a rough ride around here. I don't want to pile on. But he makes it hard not to.

Luke Metcalf- C- We missed him tremendously. Looked good when he was there, but just wasn't there.

Marcelo Montoya- C minus- Great attitude, but just not very good. Too slow.

Rocco Berry- C plus- Looked really good at times and lost at other times. Injury prone.

Roger Tuivasa Sheck- C plus- Showed glimpses of his class and potential, but never really worked out as a centre.

Shaun Johnson- F- His retirement was a year late and Webster's persistence with him was absolutely ruinous

Taine Tauipiki- B- made the most of the chances that he had.

Te Maire Martin- B plus- We looked better with him at 7. Everyone could see it. Well, everyone except one person.

Addin Fonua Blake- B- Finished particularly strong. Would have been an A if not for the mid season sulk.

Bunty Afoa- C- Solid defender. Seemed to play the hand that he was dealt, which involved minimally involvement.

Dylan Walker- B- Didn't seem to have the same game changing impact off the bench this year, but looks good at lock.

Freddy Lussick- C- A limited player who had some good moments.

Jackson Ford C minus- A couple of good games, but he's a depth player who the coach sees as a superstar. A bonehead.

Jacob Laban- C- Limited opportunities, but looks to have a huge upside.

Jazz Tevaga- C minus- Bad old habits crept into his game and he just seems to have lost his punch.

Kurt Capewell- C minus- Looked good at times and did some good work. Disappointing overall.

Marata Niukore- C minus- Didn't have the impact that we were hoping he would. Injury plagued year.

Mitchell Barnett- A plus- The only player who looked like he was where they all needed to be to really be a force.

Tohu Harris- C plus- Class, but busted.

Tom Ale- C plus- Continues to show promise. Solid defender and takes hit ups with punch.

Wayde Egan- B minus- Looked elite, then suddenly average.

Andrew Webster- F- Total failure. Sure, we had some injuries. But his overall game plan and his stubbornness with Johnson, his bench rotation, his game plan....just a total flop.

Latest posts