What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler should be thrown out of the game forever

lsta5838

Juniors
Des calling reffing is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black! How about Manly's board room situation at the moment, the beginning of year function and Manly's peformance against the Dogs?

Also, I wish that this amount of noise would have been made for my team, the Panthers, after the dogs game - when Sammut was penalised for about 10 mins to go, and the 14 players on the field debarcle, and also the game against the Storm when Lewis' pass was 'foward'.

I think it was the wrong call, but gee, Manly could have sewn the game up a few sets earlier.

I definately want the reffing to improve, but public sprays, not face to face, does not build much morale for the refs. The refs, teams, NRL and coaches all have to work together to get things working better, not just have slanning matches in press conferences.

no name

Coach
I think it may be secret option (c) a supporter of a club that manly hilariously destroyed to ensure its own continued existence in the nrl.

And it is also funny to see that the vast majority see that is was a wrong decision, and by vast majority I mean every single poster on this forum except for 3-4 individals. A great lot of credibility they have.
While I agree the majority feel it was a wrong decision, I don't the majority is as vast as you claim.

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon the ref got it right.

Campbell was taken out without the ball...it was a fluke the ball ended up in Orfords hands.
...and that is the only reason it looked good for him.

no name

Coach
orford_rd11.jpg
F*!K your tall!!

bobmar28

Bench
you are a dead set fool - why was it a penalty - last time i checked it was a contact sport - was orford meant to sit on his arse and let campbell pick the ball up without competing for it.

for mine hasler is only making public what every rugby league supporter is thinking at the moment.

4-5 games in last 2 weeks have been stuffed by poor ref decisions
Every supporter? I think it was a penalty.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
What Hasler said was 100% correct, the refs call was WRONG!

Grow a co*ck Markieboy, then go fu*ck yourself!! :lol: :lol:

Of course it was a penalty. It just happned to go against the team THAT HAS BEEN CARRIED BY REFEREES DECISIONS FOR THE PAST 3 DECADES. What a fantastic result for rugby league.

No other team constantly holds opposition players down and gets away with it. No other team gets so many "relieving" penalties when they're under pressure. Finally - there is a referee who does not cowtow to this prick of a team. Finally, the Manly scum have to win matches the honorable way.

As for that whining prick Hasler, he should be fined $100K. But, the NRL knows that would send Manly under.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
terrible decision, orford is allowed to run in front of campbell to get the ball.....

two reason for dessies rants
1/ he likes a whinge
2/ this ensures next time there's a close decision the refs will benefit manly to avoid a further spray

a few years ago nathan brown gave the refs a spray leading up to the finals about how the refs were targetting the dragons blah blah blah. for the rest of the year the dragons won the penalty count in their remaining games...money worth spent from their perspective. i have no doubts thats what hasler is after as well

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
If that was Wayne Bennett, he would have briefly said something along the lines of, "our boys shouldn't have let the other team back into a game we so obviously dominated". Then Bennett would have moved on.

But no hasler has to carry on like the f**king world is ending...cry cry cry.....

well i hope this fine will be just another straw that will add to the breaking of manly's back.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I think had the play gone exactly had it had gone, but with no penalty, there would not have been a single complaint or query about it here or anywhere else.

Based on my opinion as above, it sure was a terrible call.

PS - I hate Manly

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
wow. A coach blows up at the referee's when his team loses by a point in the last 2 minutes....unbelievable....:roll: Yep, it is always someone else's fault when their team loses by a small margin, apart from the actual team. Manly had plenty of chances to win the game and but screwed it up.

Coaches have been doing it forever, and will continue to do it.

It was a close call, sure. But that is football. Move on.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Orford should be sanctioned for saying "you'll be in reserve grade next week"... if he was a coach he would've got 10k...

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Of course it was a penalty. It just happned to go against the team THAT HAS BEEN CARRIED BY REFEREES DECISIONS FOR THE PAST 3 DECADES. What a fantastic result for rugby league.

No other team constantly holds opposition players down and gets away with it. No other team gets so many "relieving" penalties when they're under pressure. Finally - there is a referee who does not cowtow to this prick of a team. Finally, the Manly scum have to win matches the honorable way.

As for that whining prick Hasler, he should be fined $100K. But, the NRL knows that would send Manly under.
hahah carried? I'm pretty sure Manly were the most penalised team last year, or at least close to it

The more refs we have the greater the expectations are that no mistakes will be made. I don't like the video ref and I don't like two whistle blowers.

P1ss it all off and go back to the good ol' days. Yeah we whinged but we begrudgingly understood that the solitary bloke had a tough gig sometimes.

As for Hasler, he didn't claim they were cheating but were unprofessional which is technically correct. No fine.

GB!

Juniors
its not intimidation, its speaking facts!

if an NRL ref is intimidated by a player saying they'll be in reserve grade next week then they should give the game away IMO

Hanscholo

Bench
I think Hassler and whoever else wants to cry after losing games should shut the f**k up.

The referee made a 50/50 call. Orford cleaned up Preston, you cant take people out in a hip and shoulder, sure you can fight for position but you cant poleaxe someone. The ref made a call on it.

Then you get the walking scarecrow with his f**king GAY mel gibson lethal weapon hair cut crying like a f**king 2 year old about it. He carries on like its the end of the world. Here is an idea, ban post match press conferences, im sick of them being used as platforms for sh*t coaches to pass off blame onto others.

Hey dessie, it was a 50/50 call, you lost, suck it up you weak prick.

CharlieF

Juniors
I had no problem when the video ref got involved with those type of decisions last year.

I'm one that says you should utilise the technology if it is there. People here automatically assume that it is a bad thing if contentious decisions go to the Video ref. I can tell you now that many people I know have lost confidence because it is left up to the people in the middle when we can be more sure by using video. I and many others I know watch less of the NRL because of the decision to not use the video like last year. Lets see how long the NRL can sustain mediocrity in the refereeing decisions before they use video replays again.

Latest posts