What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler should be thrown out of the game forever

CharlieF

Juniors
But this is all based on your opinion that Checchins decision was the wrong one.
Many will say he was correct.
One or seven, you will still get incorrect decisions.
We cant debate penaltys, refer them upstairs, games would go for hours.

The alternative is too lose the confidence of the fans and supporters. They should factor in half an hour extra just for video referee decisions. Its in theirs, the team and the fans interest and adds to the whole drama of the game, not detracts from it. Most of their decisions were right last year, well when comparing them to this year.

skaines

Juniors
Don't know if he should be thrown out, But he didn't jump onto the podiem when Lyon was awarded the try from his hip.

t-ba

Post Whore
Good on him.

However, that is football. There's no way decisions should be referred upstairs for that though. Sh*t happens and it happened to us this arvo.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Good on him.

However, that is football. There's no way decisions should be referred upstairs for that though. Sh*t happens and it happened to us this arvo.

By far the best comment thus far.

It's high time people realised there is no way to absolutely get every decision correct. every team cops raw decisions at some point, and you simply have to cop them and get on with life. Have a whinge if you like, but it will not matter if we have 1 ref, or 2 refs, 2 touchies, 2 in-goal judges, and a conference of 13 in the video box with a majority vote deciding the decision. There will still be incorrect calls. It's a fact of life. Learn to deal with it. After 20 years of constantly bitching about my teams being dudded, I finally did. Makes for a much less stressful existence. :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
The alternative is too lose the confidence of the fans and supporters. They should factor in half an hour extra just for video referee decisions. Its in theirs, the team and the fans interest and adds to the whole drama of the game, not detracts from it. Most of their decisions were right last year, well when comparing them to this year.

Slowing down the game is great for the fans especially on FREEZING nights..some of you Manly supporters. I rrpeat, this decision did not cost you. Your poor ball handling cost you the match!

RL1908

Bench
By far the best comment thus far.

It's high time people realised there is no way to absolutely get every decision correct. every team cops raw decisions at some point, and you simply have to cop them and get on with life. Have a whinge if you like, but it will not matter if we have 1 ref, or 2 refs, 2 touchies, 2 in-goal judges, and a conference of 13 in the video box with a majority vote deciding the decision. There will still be incorrect calls. It's a fact of life. Learn to deal with it. After 20 years of constantly bitching about my teams being dudded, I finally did. Makes for a much less stressful existence. :)

All true - I agree with you. However, each time the number of officials increases, the public's expectation level rises.

no name

Referee
Worst idea ever!!!!! Rugby League thrives on being a dynamic fast paced game.
When blokes like Phil Gould constantly bag the refs and go on and on about the same things week in, week out it is a bad image for the game, especially to the casual observer watching on a Friday/Sunday. As bad as the Kiwi/ESL commentators are if a dud call is made they say they don't agree with it and move on with the game.
On the decision, first look I thought it was a tough call on Orford. On watching the replay I thought the penalty was fair enough, I thought Orford crossed the line of the ball to take Campbell out.
It was a 50/50 and wouldn't have been too disappointed if it wasn't given.
I thin Dessy has a fine coming his way, especially that he took the time to write up a statement and read from it, he can't have the excuse of heat of the moment etc.

tiger_nick

Bench
i hate manly as much as the next guy, but that decision is on par, if not worse then the idris no try imo.

i understand refs make mistakes, they are human. however these aren't 50/50 or even 60/40 decisions they are getting wrong.

the decisions they are getting wrong would be akin to hazem el masri missing a goal from 20m out right in front. it just seriously shouldnt happen.

imasharkie

Coach
you are a dead set fool - why was it a penalty - last time i checked it was a contact sport - was orford meant to sit on his arse and let campbell pick the ball up without competing for it.

for mine hasler is only making public what every rugby league supporter is thinking at the moment.

4-5 games in last 2 weeks have been stuffed by poor ref decisions

Wrong.
I'm a public and I thought the ref called it right.
Hasler winges about the ref every time his side loses.

lockyrulz

Juniors

Sigh....

Go watch union, you will love it.

Unlike some of the tossers on here, I happily accept that many calls will be contentious and disagreed upon, and that some will go the way of my team and some will not.

Nothing is worth slowing the game down forever and a day just to reach a desicion people will still disagree upon.

It's been hours now, people have watched the footage upteenth times, and watched still shots and still do not agree. So what would the point of this be?

If you can't handle refs making tough decisions you don't agree with, then frankly don't follow a mans sport.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sounds to me like people think referees cannot make mistakes but players can and they bear no responsibility.

Where's the calls for Lyon to be dropped after spilling it TWICE with the line begging?

no name

Referee
Sounds to me like people think referees cannot make mistakes but players can and they bear no responsibility.

Where's the calls for Lyon to be dropped after spilling it TWICE with the line begging?
Now come on, we are playing the blame game here!!!

Tommax25

Bench
A penalty try?

Are you:

(a) from Queensland

(b) support a side that is a rival of Manly?

I think it may be secret option (c) a supporter of a club that manly hilariously destroyed to ensure its own continued existence in the nrl.

And it is also funny to see that the vast majority see that is was a wrong decision, and by vast majority I mean every single poster on this forum except for 3-4 individals. A great lot of credibility they have.

Last edited:

broncos70

Juniors
there was an attempted ankle tap, not sure if it connected..im glad they got a decision like that, i thought it was correct, but nice timing..they won a footy game against the broncos by scoring tries with their stomach and tapping the ball in the air to themselves.. haha

p.s nathan friend is by far the most underrated player in australia

gong_eagle

First Grade
orford_rd11.jpg

Latest posts