What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

ozjet1

If this is true (you have a SMH 'journalist' contradicting himself within 24 hours, maybe 12 hours).
If you were Dymock would you accept a 1 year deal knowing that was it .. no extention ? Manly will undoubtedly suffer but the Bulldogs more so in 2012.
Not a fan of either club especially the bred not bought one but it would be better allround if Hasler left now and Manly appointed a new coach. They mention Toovey but the guy is a Chartered Acct and NRMA board member. Does he have the time to be full time coach ?

he's handled the whole thing poorly, good ole show me the money Des. he shouldve delayed any decision on his future until the end of the season. this way if did decide to go, then he could cut ties cleanly with Manly and join Canterbury for 2012. instead, we'll have 2 clubs next season out of the running for the premiership. mark my words, Des will not be coach of manly at rd 26 of 2012, and canterbury will be going through the motions waiting for him to start his 'official' role at the club.

f**k the loyalty and the money BS. if this goes down tomorrow, Des has simply been totally unprofessional.

f**k, this thread has gone down the shitter thanks to Doggiesbro.

He's like a stupid Bunniesman. Say what you want about Bunniesman but at least when he's being blindly optimistic he does seem to have some smarts about him.

Everything about Doggiesbro is ridiculously embarrasing.

Disco

Bench
Ok so hear is the warning....There are a tonne of hypothetical's in this post.

But say Dessie does sign with the Dogs for 2013 and remains with Manly for 2012.

Then Dymock stay with the Dogs in 2012.

Then the Dogs win the 2012 title whilst Manly miss the 8.

I dunno, i can see why Hoppa signed so far in advance but surely signing coaches seasons in advance is freakin stupid!

Alex28

Coach
It will be a beautiful thing to see Manly self combust next year. Couldn't happen to a better team :)

BunniesMan

Immortal
And to all the people talking about Des living in Bankstown, he'll live where every NRL player lives, the Shire.

@Bunniesman - There are some similarities, but the Sea Eagles won't lose
Matai, Foran - NZ
Possibly Brett Stewart (Sticky seems to love Dugan).

The forward pack is pretty safe, apart from Glenn Stewart and Watmough you're not going to see them go to Origin imo.

Lyon won't play rep.

They should stay pretty solid, though losing the Stewarts could be an issue, but not as big as St George losing their entire pack essentially.

DCE may or may not play, and if he does it'll be short stint off the bench so he'll miss 3 weeks, but be fresh (sort of) for the following weeks.

Have I missed anyone?
Lol. I know the shire. Too many 'foreigner' types in the NRL to live in the 'shire'. More would live in the eastern suburbs and the lns/northern beaches. With a few living in the north west.

NOONE lives in 'the shire' unless they have to. FFS, Lara Bingle is from there and even she f**ked off as soon as she made money.
I reckon Hasler is stupid. He had a great opportunity to create a dynasty at Manly. Something tells me that a key Manly player will join Hasler and the Bulldogs in 2013.
The only people who care about dynasties are fans. Coaches and players are professionals, the most important thing for them is the $.
I doubt Hasler would tear the club apart by bringing key players with him, the club also won't allow it.
You mean like Bennett wouldn't do the same thing to the Dragons...because St George wouldn't allow it?

Manly's power in this situation is limited. Some of those players will likely want to be coached by Des.
Well Foz said he wanted to captain Manly one day. He is still contracted to 2014 aswell.
Isn't he the one with the supposed get out clause?
If this is true (you have a SMH 'journalist' contradicting himself within 24 hours, maybe 12 hours).
If you were Dymock would you accept a 1 year deal knowing that was it .. no extention ? Manly will undoubtedly suffer but the Bulldogs more so in 2012.
Not a fan of either club especially the bred not bought one but it would be better allround if Hasler left now and Manly appointed a new coach. They mention Toovey but the guy is a Chartered Acct and NRMA board member. Does he have the time to be full time coach ?
Of course Dymock would accept it. Head coaching gigs don't go on trees, there's only 16 of them at any one time, he'll take it as an audition for a job somewhere else in 2013. Who knows, by then their might even be two new teams headhunting for a coach, as well as any other team that has sacked theirs.

He takes the job, if he looks half decent he'll have a longterm gig afterwards.
he's handled the whole thing poorly, good ole show me the money Des. he shouldve delayed any decision on his future until the end of the season. this way if did decide to go, then he could cut ties cleanly with Manly and join Canterbury for 2012.

f**k the loyalty and the money BS. if this goes down tomorrow, Des has been extremely unprofessional.
Don't be naive. If he waited that long the Canterbury offer may not have been on the table this time next year.

And unprofessional? Look up the meaning of the word moron, he is being professional. Look at Bennett, if the most respected coach in the game can do it so can Hasler.

Last edited:
He's like a stupid Bunniesman. Say what you want about Bunniesman but at least when he's being blindly optimistic he does seem to have some smarts about him.

Everything about Doggiesbro is ridiculously embarrasing.

Dude Bunniesman puts that act on, as if you guys can't see that. See sig.

Also on thread topic, I feel bad for Manly because they're losing there coach but I guess thats the nature of the beast. The NRL is a results based business and teams have to succeed all costs and thats what we're doing by signing a good coach.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Well you're definitely right there. I wouldn't expect Eastwood to run anywhere...

He's no where near the player he was before he went to England. He was awesome before it mind you, fingers crossed he gets back to his best cause he's one of the very few Bulldogs players i like watching.

Ah did u not see what he did for nz this year? was the best player on the field.

those wrist ops cut his preseason and killed his fitness. he will be alright this year!

ceagle

Bench
I don't feel that bad that Des is leaving, I'm just worried if there will be anyone else to follow suit. We will still be a great team as long as no one else leaves.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
As unlikely as that would be it is one of the reasons why I believe signing coaches 18 months out is fraught with danger. I also wonder of the effect that the decision will have on the two clubs for season 2012.

I don't feel that bad that Des is leaving, I'm just worried if there will be anyone else to follow suit. We will still be a great team as long as no one else leaves.

Is your recruitment manager coming too ? Our recruitment manager got poached by newcastle, so we have a vacant position.

Ah did u not see what he did for nz this year? was the best player on the field.

those wrist ops cut his preseason and killed his fitness. he will be alright this year!

I didn't see it sorry, i knew NZ would lose cz they always do midseason, so i'll have to take your word for it sorry.

So if what you're saying is true...he somehow got his fitness back for one game in the season but lost it for the next 16 rounds after that?

Latest posts