What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

Kenny Powers

Juniors
Manly's priority for next year should be fitting the coaches box with a booster seat for that ugly ass goblin Toovey.

Jono1987

Juniors
Shame to see such a good coach land at such a club. Dogs will become successful once Des sorts out recruitment.

Manly fans...ouch. Assuming more players bolt and factoring in the Sea Eagles financial situation, I can't see a high profile coach signing up. Lean years ahead.

betcats

Referee
Manly fans should relax and enjoy their premiership. Dont worry about Dessy, you'll recover in a few years.

Doga

Juniors
You refer to a 30-year drought, yet also to the merger-which happened in 1999. So last year we broke an 11-year drought, can't have it both ways little fella :lol: Meanwhile, your side has barely been sighted in 7 years..

It's school holidays, shouldn't you be out robbing old ladies down the shoppping centre?

I agree. 11 year drought broken with a maiden premiership!!

Last edited:

legend

Coach
I just don't see how Hasler can coach and recruit for Manly knowing he will be gone at the end of the year.

He'll be doing a Bennett in his spare time whilst being paid by Manly.

Manly could elevate Toovey now and start rebuilding whilst they are Premiers. The longer they leave it, the worse it will get and the harder it will be to rebuild the squad.

Cletus

First Grade
I just don't see how Hasler can coach and recruit for Manly knowing he will be gone at the end of the year.

Manly could elevate Toovey now and start rebuilding whilst they are Premiers. The longer they leave it, the worse it will get and the harder it will be to rebuild the squad.

That's the big worry. Dogs would be keen on someone like Foran and he apparently has a get out clause. Although I don't think his signing has ever been announced. By the same token sacking him immediately will go down badly with a lot of players anyway so I'd rather Des stayed around next year while the coaching situation for 2013 is finalised. That's if Des goes, I'm still holding out hope:cool:.

ozjet1

:clap:

financially, manly cant afford to pay him out to do nothing. but in terms of the long-term onfield performance of the club, it needs to be done. hasler does not have Manly as his 100% focus for next year and beyond. he needs to be punted.

reminiscing about the premiership is over. Hasler played his card by jumping a year before his duties to the club are officially over. Manly need to consider themselves as Hasler has done for himself.

ManlyMania

Juniors
its all about premierships at the end of the day and he has got us 2 - the club cant sack him and i for one will clap him any time he comes back - we are the premiers and he was the key to getting us there - also we are too strong a club to not get through adversity - thanks des - 2011 PREMIERS!!!

ozjet1

couple of lean years and your mob will be finished. unless penn or some other benefactor is prepared to cover more financial losses then you've just seen the last ever sea eagles premiership as a team from sydney's northern beaches. the club makes losses in good years and are asking $50m from govt to fund a dream.

keep your fingers crossed for a large NRL distribution from a big rights contract, because the club is currently financially unsustainable in ever other area.

Eels Dude

Coach
It's never a good situation. In 2005 we won the minor premiership but choked and a month later Brian Smith was told his contract would not be renewed post 2006. He stayed on in 2006 but quit a third of the way through the season as we were struggling. JT took over and we won 7 in a row and miraciously made the finals. Last year the writing was on the wall for Daniel Anderson early in the season when Paul Osborne was spotted having coffee with Stephen Kearney. No doubt it had an affect on us last year. It's just the way it works this day I guess, but I'm suprised Des would even consider leaving Manly. The Dogs must have offered a lot or there must be some disagreement with him and his bosses.

boxhead

First Grade
Tolman unlucky to miss on nsw.
Ennis NSW hooker
Graham English Prop, captain when peacock is out and prop of the world of the world couple of the past few years.
Pritchard NZ rep and able to be the most dominate forward in nrl.
Eastwood NZ rep
Halatau/Stagg based on what halatau did this year was unreal, stagg 2009 lock of the year.

hrmm horrible.

Typical Bulldogs, buy two whole new teams for 2009 and 2011 and only one finals appearance :lol: The majority of your players are massively overpaid and were exposed this year for how average they are. Pritchard is useless for 400K considering his good games to bad games ratio.
I'd take Mannah, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh over any of your forwards bar Graham.

boxhead

First Grade
Is this really the best week to reveal this sort of stuff? I know most hate Manly and want to rub it in - as I do too - but honestly, couldn't they wait a few months or longer with the news on Hasler and Hopoate?

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Is this really the best week to reveal this sort of stuff? I know most hate Manly and want to rub it in - as I do too - but honestly, couldn't they wait a few months or longer with the news on Hasler and Hopoate?

I don't think they have a choice Boxy. It's the off season therefore slow news days so of course the media are going to report on any bit of juicy gossip they get. It's the way the industry works.

dogslife

Coach
Typical Bulldogs, buy two whole new teams for 2009 and 2011 and only one finals appearance :lol: The majority of your players are massively overpaid and were exposed this year for how average they are. Pritchard is useless for 400K considering his good games to bad games ratio.
I'd take Mannah, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh over any of your forwards bar Graham.

And just where exactly did your team finish this year?

Doga

Juniors
As good as Graham is, I'd happily take Mannah, Moimoi or Hindy over him any day of the week.

Sam Kasiano is young, as is Taupau. Can't really include them. Both of which look set to become very handy players.

I would take Mannah over Tolman
I would take Tolman over MoiMoi
Graham - remains to be seen.
MoiMoi would be on par with Eastwood.

Hindmarsh is 60. I would take most players over him.

Latest posts