What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
If this is true (you have a SMH 'journalist' contradicting himself within 24 hours, maybe 12 hours).
If you were Dymock would you accept a 1 year deal knowing that was it .. no extention ? Manly will undoubtedly suffer but the Bulldogs more so in 2012.
Not a fan of either club especially the bred not bought one but it would be better allround if Hasler left now and Manly appointed a new coach. They mention Toovey but the guy is a Chartered Acct and NRMA board member. Does he have the time to be full time coach ?

As good as Graham is, I'd happily take Mannah, Moimoi or Hindy over him any day of the week.

Both Hindmarsh and Moimoi are past 30. I'd take Graham over them just cz he would be around a bit longer. I'd definitely choose Mannah over him though.

In saying that though, looking forward to seeing Graham lift the NSW cup trophy is three years time after the next batch of Bulldogs recruits come through.

dogslife

Coach
Typical Bulldogs, buy two whole new teams for 2009 and 2011 and only one finals appearance :lol:

And if we're gonna get nitpicky, let's have a look at Parra's recruitment in the last two years

Carl Webb
Casey McGuire
Chris Hicks
Chris Walker
Paul Whatuira
Reni Maitua
Jordan Atkins
Chris Sandow
Ben Roberts
Esi Tonga
Willie Tonga
Taulima Tautai
Joseph Paulo

13 players in 2 years... The hypocrisy in here is deafening:lol:

Tommax25

Bench
really? please explain, if we did a st merge and went broke from years of no titles what do u dispute here?

1. Stewart (manly)
2. Turner (dog)
3. Lyon (manly)
4. Morris (dog)
5. Wolfman (wont play next year anyway) (manly)
6. Foran (manly)
7. Hard to say with 2nd year syn around the corner?
8. Graham (dog)
9. Ennis (dog)
10. Tolman (dog)
11. Watmough (manly)
12. Pritchard (dog)
13. Stewart (manly)

14. Barba (dog)
15. Eastwood (dog)
16. King (manly)
17. Stagg?Rose?Kite?Kasiano?Halatau?

7/17 garanteed manly, 8 dogs. 2 who knows.

Most one-eyed supporter I've ever seen :crazy:

You may do well if Des signs for you, but do you think he's going to walk in, leave your terrible roster as is and win a premiership? No chance. That team will have its rotten core ripped out and Des will re-build it to a force capable of winning the comp, as he did with Manly's team in '04.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Hoppa/Wolfy (either one is better than either of your wingers)
6. Foran
7. DCE (after all, there's a reason your new saviour didn't fight to keep Hodgkinson and it showed)
8. Tolman
9. Ballin (don't kid yourself with Ennis' origin appearances. If Ballin was NSW Ennis wouldn't have gotten a look in)
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Stagg
13. Stewart

14. Williams
15. Pritchard
16. Rose
17. Gulavau

You could possibly argue against Rose and Gulavau but they own a Premiership so I think its safe enough to give them the nod.

And if we're gonna get nitpicky, let's have a look at Parra's recruitment in the last two years

Carl Webb
Casey McGuire
Chris Hicks
Chris Walker
Paul Whatuira
Reni Maitua
Jordan Atkins
Chris Sandow
Ben Roberts
Esi Tonga
Willie Tonga
Taulima Tautai
Joseph Paulo

13 players in 2 years... The hypocrisy in here is deafening:lol:

How many of those were brought in to be starters. Most of those would have been depth signings.

Even if you look at the signings for next season Esi Tonga, Tautai and Paulo are all depth signings. You guys buy a new batch of first teamers every second year. Why dyou think your NSW cup team is so dominant?

You may do well if Des signs for you, but do you think he's going to walk in, leave your terrible roster as is and win a premiership? No chance. That team will have its rotten core ripped out and Des will re-build it to a force capable of winning the comp, as he did with Manly's team in '04.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Matai
4. Lyon
6. Foran
7. DCE (after all, there's a reason your new saviour didn't fight to keep Hodgkinson and it showed)
8. Tolman
9. Ballin (don't kid yourself with Ennis' origin appearances. If Ballin was NSW Ennis wouldn't have gotten a look in)
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Stagg
13. Stewart

14. Williams
15. Pritchard
16. Rose
17. Gulavau

You could possibly argue against Rose and Gulavau but they own a Premiership so I think its safe enough to give them the nod.

Maybe about Rose but Gulavau was awesome for you guys and awesome for us. He's still a good player and was pretty disappointed we didn't hold on to him.

Moffo

Referee
Both Hindmarsh and Moimoi are past 30. I'd take Graham over them just cz he would be around a bit longer. I'd definitely choose Mannah over him though.

In saying that though, looking forward to seeing Graham lift the NSW cup trophy is three years time after the next batch of Bulldogs recruits come through.

mario_bros_haters_gonna_hate_by_mattmcmanis-d352c8d.gif

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Typical Bulldogs, buy two whole new teams for 2009 and 2011 and only one finals appearance :lol: The majority of your players are massively overpaid and were exposed this year for how average they are. Pritchard is useless for 400K considering his good games to bad games ratio.
I'd take Mannah, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh over any of your forwards bar Graham.

you call pritchard hot and cold yet mention moimoi the best bit though is you talk about people on huge overs and hot and cold. HAYNE. lol. classic.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Sam Kasiano is young, as is Taupau. Can't really include them. Both of which look set to become very handy players.

I would take Mannah over Tolman
I would take Tolman over MoiMoi
Graham - remains to be seen.
MoiMoi would be on par with Eastwood.

Hindmarsh is 60. I would take most players over him.

If you paired off there packs i'd expect it to be

Mannah Ennis Graham
Pritchard Eastwood Hidnmarsh
Moi Moi Tolman Mataiu Stagg/Halatau

DoggiesBro

Juniors

1. Stewart
2. Robertson <--- gone
3. Matai <---- over morris is a joke guy is a hack
4. Lyon
6. Foran
7. DCE (after all, there's a reason your new saviour didn't fight to keep Hodgkinson and it showed) its spelt hodkinson and he did pretty well in his 2nd year u gumby
8. Tolman
9. Ballin (don't kid yourself with Ennis' origin appearances. If Ballin was NSW Ennis wouldn't have gotten a look in) <---- enough said to show your an idiot
10. King <--- graham isnt prop of the world for nothing
11. Watmough
12. Stagg <--- pritchard all day
13. Stewart

14. Williams < --- stagg all day
15. Pritchard <--- eastwood all day
16. Rose <---- BAHAHAHAHAH Kasiano will prove in 2012 that 2011 wasnt a fluke and rose will still play his 5 minutes in his 5th season?
17. Gulavau <---- bahahahaha Barba would be on the bench without a doubt

As for your last comment doesnt Halatau have one from Tigers? LOL gee good point, while we are it lets go find shane perry!

you call pritchard hot and cold yet mention moimoi the best bit though is you talk about people on huge overs and hot and cold. HAYNE. lol. classic.

Ffmm was a beast all of last season. He averaged 135m per game, made 6th most metres in the league and won both our player of the season and the coaches player of the season.

Hayne came third in line break assists and first equal in try assists in a team that had Chris Hicks, Jordan Atkins, Chris Walker and Etu Uasale.

You could diss most players in the Eels but those two are ones you definitely shouldn't be talking shit about.

You ask anyone on here and they'll tell you Pritchard is about as inconsistent as you can get, you've obviously got no idea what you're talking about and i've got no idea why i wasted five minutes of my time putting you in your place.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Peeps, I know nobody gives two bob for English players, but James Graham was twice named the best prop forward in the world, in 08 and 09 by two different magazines (once from each).

Poms get thrashed a lot by Australia but he is a quality forward (as a lot of English forwards are, both now and traditionally, as in union), and has performed well every time I've seen him play for England.

Grain of salt, I haven't seen much of him, and I'm a Bulldogs supporter, but he is rated very highly in many circles, and for a while was seen as the equal to Petero (not sure of his standing as we speak).

Doga

Juniors

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Matai
4. Lyon
6. Foran
8. Tolman
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Stagg
13. Stewart

14. Williams
15. Pritchard
16. Rose
17. Gulavau

I agree re Ballin & Ennis. I would take Ballin in a heart beat. Ennis has regressed since 09.
Stagg would also be the last 2nd rower I would pick. He tackles a lot but that is about it.
Josh Morris over Matai
Stewart is a better all round player ATM but know one finds a try line like Barba.
I reckon DCE will be better than Hodko but Hodko also had an outstanding first year - that one remains to be seen
lol Rose. i would take Brad Morrin over him. Any one of Kasiano, Eastwood, Payne would walk into a front row over him

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Ffmm was a beast all of last season. He averaged 135m per game, made 6th most metres in the league and won both our player of the season and the coaches player of the season.

Hayne came third in line break assists and first equal in try assists in a team that had Chris Hicks, Jordan Atkins, Chris Walker and Etu Uasale.

You could diss most players in the Eels but those two are ones you definitely shouldn't be talking shit about.

You ask anyone on here and they'll tell you Pritchard is about as inconsistent as you can get, you've obviously got no idea what you're talking about and i've got no idea why i wasted five minutes of my time putting you in your place.

This. Though Pritchard is inconsistent, he isn't as bad as most people say (tends to happen with better players, they get dissed much easier). He has pretty average patches, but when he's on, he is almost unplayable.

Hayne is a typical hit and miss player. You stand the misses because when they hit, it's f**king glorious.

I agree re Ballin & Ennis. I would take Ballin in a heart beat. Ennis has regressed since 09.
Stagg would also be the last 2nd rower I would pick. He tackles a lot but that is about it.
Josh Morris over Matai
Stewart is a better all round player ATM but know one finds a try line like Barba.
I reckon DCE will be better than Hodko but Hodko also had an outstanding first year - that one remains to be seen
lol Rose. i would take Brad Morrin over him. Any one of Kasiano, Eastwood, Payne would walk into a front row over him

Well you're definitely right there. I wouldn't expect Eastwood to run anywhere...

He's no where near the player he was before he went to England. He was awesome before it mind you, fingers crossed he gets back to his best cause he's one of the very few Bulldogs players i like watching.

This. Though Pritchard is inconsistent, he isn't as bad as most people say (tends to happen with better players, they get dissed much easier). He has pretty average patches, but when he's on, he is almost unplayable.

Hayne is a typical hit and miss player. You stand the misses because when they hit, it's f**king glorious.

I don't think Pritchard would get talked about like he does if he was getting paid what he is worth, 250k max. But because he is getting paid like a marquee player people expect him to play like one and he just isn't.

Yep agree with you about Hayne, but considering he was the only player in our backline capable of doing anything he was often met by 2-3 players. Looking forward to next year when they will have to look out for Willie Tonga and Sandow as well. I think then we will really see what Hayne can do.

He's only 23 and we have seen over the last couple of seasons with how his passing game has improved that he can do anything he wants.