What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

oval

Juniors
Trying to think of something constructive to input, but all I've got going through my head is f**kn f**k mcf**k f**kn f**kass. FAAARK. And some f**kn shitballs.

Loudstrat

Coach
Ok so hear is the warning....There are a tonne of hypothetical's in this post.

But say Dessie does sign with the Dogs for 2013 and remains with Manly for 2012.

Then Dymock stay with the Dogs in 2012.

Then the Dogs win the 2012 title whilst Manly miss the 8.
It will be ok because the pope's wife will become a Manly supporter, Darren Lockyer becomes the new lead singer for INXS, Melbournes entire 200 and 2009 squads will personally hand their premiership rings to the new Victorian premier David Gallop, and there will be severe ham shortage because all the pigs have flown away.

dogslife

Coach
It will be ok because the pope's wife will become a Manly supporter, Darren Lockyer becomes the new lead singer for INXS, Melbournes entire 200 and 2009 squads will personally hand their premiership rings to the new Victorian premier David Gallop, and there will be severe ham shortage because all the pigs have flown away.

All about as likely as Parramatta winning a title in the next 30 years

Big Pete

Referee
Great coup for the Doggies, now all Dymock has to do is man the fort and get the side ready for 2013 and I reckon the Doggies will be in with a real shot.

Don't understand people who underrate their forward pack. Sure they've got a few jokers there but if they can negotiate properly they'll have themselves one of the best packs in the comp. The biggest concern for me are the wings, five eigth and then fullback, the rest is fairly manageable.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Barba should come of age to be fair. People are far too critical of young fullbacks and halves. We're probably in for a few seasons of dropped high balls and being caught out of position though.

Barba should come of age to be fair. People are far too critical of young fullbacks and halves. We're probably in for a few seasons of dropped high balls and being caught out of position though.

To be fair to him after that month or so when he was terrible under the ball he seemed to turn a corner and was catching whatever came near him. He must've put in a lot of work at training.

Offensively he's amazing and that will never be a problem for him. It's obvious where his deficiencies are and i'm assuming he will spend most of the offseason trying to fix them.

boxhead

First Grade
And just where exactly did your team finish this year?

:lol: My team recruited badly and we expected to finish 14th. Your club on the other hand bought essentially a whole new 1-17 and didn't even make the finals :lol:

And if we're gonna get nitpicky, let's have a look at Parra's recruitment in the last two years

Carl Webb
Casey McGuire
Chris Hicks
Chris Walker
Paul Whatuira
Reni Maitua
Jordan Atkins
Chris Sandow
Ben Roberts
Esi Tonga
Willie Tonga
Taulima Tautai
Joseph Paulo

13 players in 2 years... The hypocrisy in here is deafening:lol:

Hypocrisy? Haha you f!$king moron, Of those players mentioned only 5 are first-team regulars, compared to the Bulldogs who in the same space recruited Eastwood, Graham, Keating, Hodkinson, Pritchard, Tolman, and so on. Not to mention that you have a first-grade side running around in the NSW Cup due to all the now-rejects you've signed over the past couple of years :lol:

dogslife

Coach
:lol: My team recruited badly and we expected to finish 14th. Your club on the other hand bought essentially a whole new 1-17 and didn't even make the finals :lol:

Hypocrisy? Haha you f!$king moron, Of those players mentioned only 5 are first-team regulars, compared to the Bulldogs who in the same space recruited Eastwood, Graham, Keating, Hodkinson, Pritchard, Tolman, and so on. Not to mention that you have a first-grade side running around in the NSW Cup due to all the now-rejects you've signed over the past couple of years :lol:

Boxhead... You certainly live up to your name. Great rationale you've used there... The Eels recruited badly, is that every other team's fault is it? So because the Bulldogs recruited first grade quality players (some more arguable than others) and your team recruited the equivalent of Dad's Army, on their way to the retirement home, that exonerates your team from almost finishing last? Good luck next year champ

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
The question that pops into mind, that I do not think has been brought up here yet, is did Will Hopoate know that Des was going to sign with Canterbury?

After the grand final Will said that he looked forward to continuing his career and Manly having Des at the club would be a big motivator for him to stay at Manly (not a direct quote). He then turned around and signed with Parramatta for the 2014 season and beyond.

One has to wonder, did he know?

I know the media has covered it and say it was a last minute offer by Canterbury and all that, but who is to say that is correct.

boxhead

First Grade
Boxhead... You certainly live up to your name. Great rationale you've used there... The Eels recruited badly, is that every other team's fault is it? So because the Bulldogs recruited first grade quality players (some more arguable than others) and your team recruited the equivalent of Dad's Army, on their way to the retirement home, that exonerates your team from almost finishing last? Good luck next year champ

:lol: I wasn't making excuses, re-read my post. We expected to finish low. Your team bought a whole new team with massive money, was expected to at least make the finals and predicted as top four contenders, and yet couldn't even make the finals :lol: Your club are laughed at because they recruited so many players and still turned up trumps.
:lol: "Bred not Bought" :lol:

No, what it means is we were able to get rid of 80% of who we got last year either during the season or after it, which is why we were able to make plays for players we need in position that we were shit in, ie centre, five eighth and halfback.

Whereas your team is stuck with those losers on your cap which explains why you brought one player for next season and which is why you will finish in pretty much the exact same place. Only next year you won't have Ben Roberts to rescue you when you realise Kris Keating is beyond useless.

You can't win every year and you shouldn't expect to be fighting for a top 8 spot every year which is why we signed a bunch of players to one year deals and decided to put structures in place that would benefit us for years to come.

We didn't miss the 8 due to lack lack of trying last season we missed it cause we had one effective player in our whole backline, this will change next year. If we play with the same effort we did this season there is no doubt that we will make the 8 next year then hopefully challenge the year after.

Whereas you guys are f**ked for years as long as you persist with losers like Hodkinson, Keating and Renolds.

Last edited:

boxa777

Coach
Personally I don't think that it will affect Manly all that much, especially if Toovey comes in as expected.

One whinging merkin leaves and another steps into his place. They won't miss a beat.

blaza88z

Coach
semi final in 2009 only 2 have kimmorley bust his cheek bone and hurt us bad.

2010 horrible year with injuries and looked like shit to be honest, hannant hurt us alot.

2011 just missed the 8 after leading the comp for the start to have a mid season dip when we lost ennis for such a long time, along with tolman our only real prop (fixed with the addition of graham) and the loss of tandy at the start hurt. moore went then we came good and won 5-8?

yeh real bad. again if someone like des is jumping ship says financially we are very well established although its common knowledge behind brisbane we are the 2nd most established and then to back it up we a good team, if we snag a quality 5/8 we are title threats straight away.

I don't buy into that just missed the 8 crap, Souffs just missed the 8 as well and they were woeful at times as was your team.

How're you going to snag a 5/8 if the richest and most successful club since it's birth into the NRL can't "snag" a 5/8.

Hodkinson didn't do a whole lot either from what I say, Ennis was missing obviously but even if he was there was your forward pack doing enough to give your backs a chance?

That's my opinion anyway, I think next year will be a miserable year for both clubs to be honest.

dogslife

Coach
I wasn't making excuses, re-read my post. We expected to finish low. Your team bought a whole new team with massive money, was expected to at least make the finals and predicted as top four contenders, and yet couldn't even make the finals. Your club are laughed at because they recruited so many players and still turned up trumps.
:lol: "Bred not Bought"

So what's your excuse for the last 25 years? You didn't recruit poorly in every one of those, yet the trophy cabinet hasn't been added to

Whereas your team is stuck with those losers on your cap which explains why you brought one player for next season and which is why you will finish in pretty much the exact same place. Only next year you won't have Ben Roberts to rescue you when you realise Kris Keating is beyond useless.

Whereas you guys are f**ked for years as long as you persist with losers like Hodkinson, Keating and Renolds.

:lol::lol: Ben Roberts the saviour, now I've heard it all! I would take the duo of Hodkinson and Reynolds over Ben Roberts and the biggest spastic to ever earn $500,000+ in the NRL any day of the week, which is why I said, good luck next year. FMD you'd be better off pulling Jason Taylor and maybe Ben Kusto out of retirement:lol:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Great coup for the Doggies, now all Dymock has to do is man the fort and get the side ready for 2013 and I reckon the Doggies will be in with a real shot.

Don't understand people who underrate their forward pack. Sure they've got a few jokers there but if they can negotiate properly they'll have themselves one of the best packs in the comp. The biggest concern for me are the wings, five eigth and then fullback, the rest is fairly manageable.

well done mate, someone with a clue.

Big Pete

Referee

Yeah, I haven't completely written him off, just have some serious question marks on him.

I'm glad the Dogs only bought one player this year, they really don't need anybody else and if anything they need to develop their own players as they have plenty of potential. What annoyed me about their 2010 and 2011 recruitment was that they essentially bought players they didn't need and ignored a lot of their junior talent that could be anything with the right attention.

dogslife

Coach
Yeah, I haven't completely written him off, just have some serious question marks on him.

I'm glad the Dogs only bought one player this year, they really don't need anybody else and if anything they need to develop their own players as they have plenty of potential. What annoyed me about their 2010 and 2011 recruitment was that they essentially bought players they didn't need and ignored a lot of their junior talent that could be anything with the right attention.

We hear you. I was really happy with a few of the signings, but some of them made no sense to me, Kris Keating anyone?

blaza88z

Coach

What annoyed me was when they bought half the Brisbane pack.

Hannant, Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood...

maybe as well renamed to the Canterbury Donkeys :lol:

dogslife

Coach
What annoyed me was when they bought half the Brisbane pack.

Hannant, Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood...

maybe as well renamed to the Canterbury Donkeys :lol:

I found that to be poor management on the part of the Broncs more than anything. They really threw all their eggs into the Israel Folau basket I think. Eastwood if you recall however was off to Leeds originally but the Dogs threw him a lifeline when his visa didn't get approved

Latest posts