What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

So what's your excuse for the last 25 years? You didn't recruit poorly in every one of those, yet the trophy cabinet hasn't been added to

:lol::lol: Ben Roberts the saviour, now I've heard it all! I would take the duo of Hodkinson and Reynolds over Ben Roberts and the biggest spastic to ever earn $500,000+ in the NRL any day of the week, which is why I said, good luck next year. FMD you'd be better off pulling Jason Taylor and maybe Ben Kusto out of retirement:lol:

Ben Roberts isn't the best player going around but he is sure as shit a lot better than the options you're left with. Why was it that you started playing your best whenever he was on the field.

Last year we would've done better chucking a jersey on Jason Taylor, Robson was/is easily the worst halfback running around in the league. Hodkinson is about as creative as a table but i still would've preferred him over Jeff fckn Robson. So next year when we have someone who came 7th in dally m voting this year running around at halfback i'm sure there will be a massive improvement in our team. Don't even try telling me you'd choose Hodkinson at 300k over Sandow who is on 350-400k?

wittyfan

Referee
You'd be hard put to find another instance of a coach walking out on his club five days after winning a premiership. :lol:

End of the good times at Manly me thinks. Perhaps they can get Peter Sharp back in.

Big Pete

Referee
What annoyed me was when they bought half the Brisbane pack.

Hannant, Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood...

maybe as well renamed to the Canterbury Donkeys :lol:

Heh, can't blame you but to be fair the only player of ours that they really took from us was Hannant. Ennis and Stagg were rejects while Eastwood was meant to go to England but had difficulties so settled with the Dogs. Word was he feared the return of Dean Benton the Broncos conditioner.

I didn't mind their 2009 recruitment, after having their roster raped by the Roosters it was entirely understanding and they only bought players for specific reasons.

dogslife - Keating was bad, I thought Pritchard was worse though given the amount of coin.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Although I'm hardly their biggest fan, I've never hated Manly the way I hate Easts...Wests...Dragons...Brisbane...Melbourne etc etc. But if the following is true, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy:

BuzzRothfield Phil Rothfield

I interupt my annual leave to reveal a 'massive' tip for R Stuart to replace D Hasler @Brookie. #seaeagles #NRL

Surely someone like Toovey...Dymock...or anyone would be better than him. The bloke ruins clubs, and he'd have the likes of Foran and Stewart racing for the exit doors.

But it is from Rothfield, so it's probably bullshit.

dogslife

Coach
Although I'm hardly their biggest fan, I've never hated Manly the way I hate Easts...Wests...Dragons...Brisbane...Melbourne etc etc. But if the following is true, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy:

Surely someone like Toovey...Dymock...or anyone would be better than him. The bloke ruins clubs, and he'd have the likes of Foran and Stewart racing for the exit doors.

But it is from Rothfield, so it's probably bullshit.

Finally we can agree on something. I wouldn't wish Stuart on Manly

ozjet1

Don't be naive. If he waited that long the Canterbury offer may not have been on the table this time next year.
he shouldnt have committed for 2012.

And unprofessional? Look up the meaning of the word moron, he is being professional. Look at Bennett, if the most respected coach in the game can do it so can Hasler.

a line was ruled through St George Illawarra as soon as he told his players during the season that he was coaching Newcastle next year. the merkin was working for Newcastle on roster management and other football operations from then on. yeah, that's professional when he's still contracted to SGI, you dumb f**kwit.

:lol:

Hahaha ricky stuart.

As if this week (starting monday) could get any worse for Manly and their supporters. Hopoate deciding to not return, his brother going with him, Hasler leaving but now the cherry on the cake, being linked with Ricky fckn Stuart.

Come to think of it, Watmough would look pretty good with the number 4 on his back...

legend

Coach
You have to look at this from the perspective of the CEO's. Neither club wants to write off 2012 and if the status quo remains as is, both teams will struggle next year.

Hasler needs to go now and Manly either promote Toovey or start looking for a new coach ASAP. There is too much at stake financially to have 2012 as a caretaker year for either club.

It will be farcical if Hasler remains at Manly in 2012 and it will do a lot of harm to their short to mid term future by keeping him there.

I'll be shocked if tomorrow's press conference doesn't reveal that Hasler will coach the Dogs in 2012. I'd say it's almost a certainty.

Jubes

Juniors
You have to look at this from the perspective of the CEO's. Neither club wants to write off 2012 and if the status quo remains as is, both teams will struggle next year.

Hasler needs to go now and Manly either promote Toovey or start looking for a new coach ASAP. There is too much at stake financially to have 2012 as a caretaker year for either club.

It will be farcical if Hasler remains at Manly in 2012 and it will do a lot of harm to their short to mid term future by keeping him there.

I'll be shocked if tomorrow's press conference doesn't reveal that Hasler will coach the Dogs in 2012. I'd say it's almost a certainty.

But what do they do with Dymock then? I guess they probably have the money to buy his contract out.

dogslife

Coach
Heh, can't blame you but to be fair the only player of ours that they really took from us was Hannant. Ennis and Stagg were rejects while Eastwood was meant to go to England but had difficulties so settled with the Dogs. Word was he feared the return of Dean Benton the Broncos conditioner.

I didn't mind their 2009 recruitment, after having their roster raped by the Roosters it was entirely understanding and they only bought players for specific reasons.

dogslife - Keating was bad, I thought Pritchard was worse though given the amount of coin.

Yeah Pritchard failed to live up to expectations, but he at least showed glimpses, especially in the latter stages of the season. Keating literally showed nothing, I hope they don't persist.

I don't really buy that Ennis was a Broncos reject. From memory he was stuck behind PJ Marsh at the Broncos and spent most of the year either off the bench or at halfback, which is why he wanted out. Not entirely sure who won Broncos player of the year in 2008, but he would have gone very close, he was definately your most consistent, as he has been our over the last couple of years, we definately missed him in the last half of this season.

ozjet1

logically and unemotionally, you are right. but the dick swinging will get in the way up at manly, and you really cant blame them. they'll feel aggrieved at how all this has gone down not even a week after winning a premiership, how Hasler has pledged his long-term allegiance to another club while still having a commitment to run with Manly, and they will not want Greenberg and Canterbury to walk away from this having shat all over their organisation. they'll look totally inept.

it's lose-lose for Manly. either look back at a wasted year towards the end of next season, or look like owned bitches now.

dogslife

Coach
But what do they do with Dymock then? I guess they probably have the money to buy his contract out.

He'll retain his assistant coaching role one would think. He was never signed as head coach so the Bulldogs are well within their rights to look elsewhere. I can't imagine him being offered a head coaching role anywhere else next year

logically and unemotionally, you are right. but the dick swinging will get in the way up at manly, and you really cant blame them. they'll feel aggrieved at how all this has gone down not even a week after winning a premiership, how Hasler has pledged his long-term allegiance to another club while still having a commitment to run with Manly, and they will not want Greenberg and Canterbury to walk away from this having shat all over their organisation. they'll look totally inept.

it's lose-lose for Manly. either look back at a wasted year towards the end of next season, or look like owned bitches now.

It's not as if Manly are going to go from premiers to busteds in the space of a year simply because their coach has decided to go elsewhere. They still have arguably the best roster in the league, and if Hasler stays they'll have one of the best coaches to boot

ozjet1

It's not as if Manly are going to go from premiers to busteds in the space of a year simply because their coach has decided to go elsewhere. They still have arguably the best roster in the league, and if Hasler stays they'll have one of the best coaches to boot

they'll underachieve.

there are already issues between him and the admin top brass. this will top it off. if players end up following him out the door because their allegiance is to him in a club civil war, then it will have longer-term ramifications. his roster mgmt focus is at canterbury and not manly now, anyway.

it took years for Des to build and achieve what he has at Manly as coach, but he can tear it apart in a few weeks or months.

Latest posts