What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Why the f**k do you keep shitting on about twitter?

I heard this with my own ears on talkinsport, from Graham Lowe and one of the player manager at Manly.

Mathew Johns said that If Des is sacked by the board 3 players are prepared to walk with him, he said nothing else.

Ok, I'm done. Bye.

LOL, he said nothing else. Is that fresh off twitter? I call bullshit.

Sound right?

Will see :)

I'll enjoy those tears again!:lol:

40Twenty

Juniors
Doggies Bro?

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently …” — Steve Jobs

Crazy people make better bloggers.

Heather Armstrong parlayed postpartum depression and a stint in a mental institution into a cash cow blog.

Penelope Trunk grew her blog to over 750,000 page views last month as someone willing to write about stabbing herself in the head, smashing herself in the head with a lamp, and having a miscarriage during a board meeting while dispensing career advice.

James Altucher shares with his blog readers a history of suicidal ideation, depression, and going broke with a manic frenzy that inspires others to buy his books.

In the Forever Recession, we are all entrepreneurs, and everybody knows the best entrepreneurs are crazy.

Doga

Juniors
What? :crazy:

It was confirmed on the radio by one of the player managers, I'm not spinning any crap to clinch onto hope. It sounds like you are the one who is clinching to the hope that the Manly players come over to the Dogs.

I don't know what the truth is here.. Logically though, I don't think the player would worry about the circumstances of a coach not being the coach (ie getting sacked or walking etc). So I don't see why someone would put a clause in relating to the coach getting sacked. That is not to say that there isn't one.

ceagle

Bench
I don't know what the truth is here.. Logically though, I don't think the player would worry about the circumstances of a coach not being the coach (ie getting sacked or walking etc). So I don't see why someone would put a clause in relating to the coach getting sacked. That is not to say that there isn't one.
Just reporting what was said. Maybe the players never expected him to leave, so they only out the clause in if he was sacked?

DoggiesBro

Juniors

It's been reported that its just a simple if Des isn't coach clause, just manly fans holding some hope in their dreams.

Don't talk common sense it doesnt work with ceagle. Post it on twitter he will believe it then!

40Twenty

Juniors
Oh no, didn't you get punished by about 10 people a few pages back ? LOL disappear little man.

Speaking of little, how bout your club, just a little club in between wiley & lakemba.
good figures these i think Manly has got you and im sure u got stuck in to them for not travelling to the SFS.

I thought youd have more considering your element of fans.
:D

Attachments

• nrl.jpg
    nrl.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 18

DoggiesBro

Juniors
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ceagle
LOL @ some people believing all this ****. The board voted in favor of extending Hasler's contract at the start of the year. Rothfield is just writing bull**** about the Board. Hasler can't even leave Manly next year which has been documented many times by the Manly camp regarding the rumors. Keep convincing yourselves Hasler is coming, he is the only chance to pull your team out of mediocrity.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ceagle
i'll be back here when dessie re-signs

LOL CLASSIC. more confirmed reports from ceagle! lets not forget des re-signed till 2015.

ouwet

Bench
Speaking of little, how bout your club, just a little club in between wiley & lakemba.
good figures these i think Manly has got you and im sure u got stuck in to them for not travelling to the SFS.

:lol: Please... In 2004 Roy and Morgan said we had 520,000 supporters. These surveys are a waste of time!!

Comeback to us when you guys have Just ONE season with a home average of 20,000.

Last edited:

40Twenty

Juniors
:lol: Please... In 2004 Roy and Morgan said we had 520,000 supporters. These surveys are a waste of time!!

Comeback to us when you guys have Just ONE season with a home average of 20,000.

Very unlike the bro bro's to ignore facts. haha
ps: we dont need to have multicutural days to get the 20k, its ok for a little suburb u have lots of GREAT educated fans.

come back too us when u won a world club challenge and a few wooden spoons.

Ooops to late:D

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Very unlike the bro bro's to ignore facts. haha
ps: we dont need to have multicutural days to get the 20k, its ok for a little suburb u have lots of GREAT educated fans.

come back too us when u won a world club challenge and a few wooden spoons.

Ooops to late:D

i'd say come back when u win title'S but then i realised you wont be back.

Says a lot about your supporters doesn't it ? according to your source CBB has less supporters, but our supporters actually have the passion to get off their asses to get to a game.

Meanwhile, you guys have two sets of supporters(merged), and you can't even get a home crowd average of 18k+ after being premiers+minor premiers+ world champions.

Your team could not even sell out a final against a cross town rival, only drawing 15.5k.

But hey ! don't let facts get in the way of you being an annoying troll.

Goddy

Juniors
This passionate debate between the Bulldogs and Dragons fans over which team is more shit is pretty entertaining.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Says a lot about your supporters doesn't it ? according to your source CBB has less supporters, but our supporters actually have the passion to get off their asses to get to a game.

Meanwhile, you guys have two sets of supporters(merged), and you can't even get a home crowd average of 18k+ after being premiers+minor premiers+ world champions.

Your team could not even sell out a final against a cross town rival, only drawing 15.5k.

But hey ! don't let facts get in the way of you being an annoying troll.

:lol:

Hey guys some breaking news lol:

Bulldogs reveal plans to poach Brookvale Oval, Manly Beach and Cherry-Evans’ hyphen!
Fresh after signing Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler and possibly several support staff and star players, Canterbury Bankstown CEO Todd Greenberg has shockingly revealed further plans to poach iconic Manly figures like Brookvale Oval, Manly Beach and even Daly Cherry-Evans’ hyphen.

The Hasler signing has shocked Manly and blowdryer fans around the globe, and it seemed things couldn’t get any worse for the Nothern Beaches club when strong rumours emerged over the weekend that the man many call “Des” would be taking with him his entire support staff, as well as several key players such as Kieran Foran, Tony Williams, the Stewart brothers and Cliff Lyons, the latter of whom is planning to come out of retirement pending the successful birth of his 3rd great-grandchild.

But Canterbury don’t seem finished there, and Greenberg explained that his spending spree was part of a strategic 5 day plan.

“For us, signing Manly’s coach, their support staff and their players, is only the tip of the Greenberg”, Iceberg stated to a packed media contingent at a local Lakemba kebab store. “Our strategic 5 day plan has been in the works for several months now, and we feel that bringing across Manly’s oval as well as their main tourist attraction would not only strengthen our premiership claims, but also force Sea Eagles fans to find somewhere else to drunkenly urinate whilst dancing to hit 1971 Daddy Cool song ‘Eagle Rock’.”

Perhaps the biggest surprise though is the possible stealing of boom halfback Daly Cherry-Evans’ hyphen, with Greenberg admitting he’s been hugely impressed this season with the surname’s form. “I honestly think that double-barrelled surname has been one of finds of the season, and adding that hyphen to our roster could only help the players even more”, Greenberg continued. “Imagine a squad with names like Ben Bar-ba, John Morr-is, Trent Hodkinso-n, we’d be unstoppable.”

Asked how he would look to utilise Brookvale Stadium and Manly beach in Belmore, Greenberg stated that while “nothing was set in concrete”, they’d be looking to move both to Homebush and “surround them with concrete”.

More news to follow.

http://theballboys.com.au/2011/10/10...-evans-hyphen/

Manly fans beware :lol: :lol:

ceagle

Bench
Kangaroos star Anthony Watmough says Sea Eagles stars won't follow Manly coach Des Hasler in quitting NRL premiers

MANLY Kangaroo star Anthony Watmough has labelled the loss of Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler as a sad day for Manly’ but is adamant there won’t be a mass exodus of players from the club because of it. In Newcastle with the Australian side to prepare for Sunday’s Test against New Zealand, Anthony Watmough today claimed club legend Geoff Toovey is ready for a coaching career at NRL level but stopped short of pointing the finger at Manly’s board for the club’s current coaching saga.

”It was a sad day for Manly in general [Hasler’s decision to link with the Bulldogs in 2013] but in saying that, it’s a business and he wasn’t able to run the business the way he wanted to and as a head coach, you want that.

"He had to do what’s best for him and there is no ill-feeling for that. We just have to head in the direction we are heading in and whatever it is, we just have to believe in it like we did with Dessie.

“As much as Dessie is an unbelievable guy, we have unbelievable guys in our team and unbelieveable talent and we’ll stick solid and still give them a good nudge.’’

“I’m not going to bag the board out over what’s happened because I don’t know what’s going on or what happened. Dessie had to make a decision for Dessie and I’m not going to hate on Dessie and I’m not going to hate on the board.’’
Watmough dismissed suggestions a number of teammates could follow Hasler out the door.
“The group of guys we’ve got, we’re solid and we’re tight and no one likes to walk away from that,’’ he said.

”You are not just going to leave 25 top blokes that are your best mates for a coaching member.’’

On Toovey, Watmough said:
”He’s pretty much our forwards coach now. He does all our videos and everything like that where as Dessie sort of takes a back seat there and lets him run it and that’s been happening for a couple of years.

"He’s been groomed by Dessie to take over and is a real Manly man so if we get him and he is our coach, then we’ll believe in whatever path he lays down in front of us.’’

Watmough also took a potshot at his critics who suggested he would not play for Australia again because of a supposed falling out with Sheens.
”I think there is a few people eaten their words,’’Watmough said.
”Look, I’ve never had an issue with Tim and when I came in [to camp], we had a laugh. He was one of the first people I saw. There is no issues there between me and him.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ing-nrl-premiers/story-e6frfgbo-1226162984974

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Yeh expected watmough to stay, the 3 players listed 2 be keen to follow des are rumoured to be foran, brett and glenn.

There is no way we could afford all 3 of them and to be honest i know stewarts an unreal fullback but he has only a couple years left and a bit injury proned, i'd much rather keep barba as he could be anything and is looking at a 2nd year at fullback! still has 10 years left and is a doggies boy!

foran however i'd throw the cheque book at! keating can sod off and roberts 220k free helps.

Latest posts