What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

Maybe 1 player might leave, but I see nearly all of them staying.

Considering you'll have players leaving due to it being the usual "punishment" for winning the Premiership as a result of the salary cap, your coach leaving on top of that won't make things any easier.

oval

Juniors
Onya Choc.

I guess we'll see who the loyal players are and who are only in it for the dough.

Those that wanna leave - f**k em - let them go.

Those that remain will be a stronger and tighter unit after all this crap. Hopefully Toovey is promoted and all will be fine.

Carn the mighty Sea Eagles!!!!

I really really really hope we don't sign any of their players; especially if its going to cost us some of the players coming through.

They have an abundance of quality players but seriously, I would rather have players who came up from our junior ranks then have players come over just for the money(which has been happening for the past couple of years).

I hope Des can put some systems in place to help us take advantage of our resources and also guide some of the young players into first grade.

Heres hoping anyway.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I really really really hope we don't sign any of their players; especially if its going to cost us some of the players coming through.

They have an abundance of quality players but seriously, I would rather have players who came up from our junior ranks then have players come over just for the money(which has been happening for the past couple of years).

I hope Des can put some systems in place to help us take advantage of our resources and also guide some of the young players into first grade.

Heres hoping anyway.

Completely agree, aswell as cleal likely to follow and his eye for talent.

Not bagging manly but blokes like rose,kite,trex,king,ballin,matai etc i wouldnt want at our club over who we have now.

Guys like lyon,watmough,stewart boys etc are great players however i cant se lyon or chocl eaving manly and the other 2 we dont need for their price tag.

the only bloke i really hope we sign from manly is foran. we dont have any quality 5/8 and have had roberts and keating ffs. time for some quality.

our only product who looked good at 5/8 in siezer took the big pay day and chance to play first grade with titans and now will likely not anyway with carney going there.

foran in my opinion is exactly what we need and lack and im sure des see's that too.

oval

Juniors
One positive to come out of this will be the intensified rivalry between the Eagles and the Dogs. I know the first time Dessies Doggies run out onto the field at Brookvale there's going to be one hell of a reception. Maybe not as visceral as the one which regularly greets Melbourne, but it will be up there.

Can't wait!!

Tommax25

Bench
This sack him activating clause crap is spread by manly fans which is absolute bull. The clause is if Des ISN'T coach.

Doesn't matter how, this is how manly fans have been spinning it to clinch onto some hope they wont lose anyone. It's all alot of crap.

Des isn't the coach the clauses is activated. Straight forward.

So it sounds like you're keen on signing these get out clause players? Implying that they are (and they are) better than your current trash crop? In stark contrast to your previous claims that the dogs side is better than Manly's (can't make the finals, let alone win the thing, with a better squad....... :-k). I thought signing Des was the last piece in the puzzle and he woudl unleash all the 'potential' at the dogs :lol:

But arnt Manly scum? etc etc....other teams jump at the chance to sign the scum.

Nah woody, thats only the fans, board, Matai, Lussick and the stewart brothers.

The rest of the club is fine. :p

Most of the Manly fans are cool, just trolling

Last edited:
One positive to come out of this will be the intensified rivalry between the Eagles and the Dogs. I know the first time Dessies Doggies run out onto the field at Brookvale there's going to be one hell of a reception. Maybe not as visceral as the one which regularly greets Melbourne, but it will be up there.

Can't wait!!

Yeah that will be good, as long as our fans aren't spat on or have things thrown at them, then the rivalry should be awesome.

Tommax25

Bench
LOL, he said nothing else. Is that fresh off twitter? I call bullshit.

Sound right?

Will see :)

I'll enjoy those tears again!:lol:

Premiership>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an irrelevant finish and signing a coach. lol@you :lol:

Tommax25

Bench
Yeh expected watmough to stay, the 3 players listed 2 be keen to follow des are rumoured to be foran, brett and glenn.

There is no way we could afford all 3 of them and to be honest i know stewarts an unreal fullback but he has only a couple years left and a bit injury proned, i'd much rather keep barba as he could be anything and is looking at a 2nd year at fullback! still has 10 years left and is a doggies brah!

foran however i'd throw the cheque book at! keating can sod off and roberts 220k free helps.

Corrected for you.

Tommax25

Bench

Not bagging manly but blokes like rose,kite,trex,king,ballin,matai etc i wouldnt want at our club over who we have now.

Guys like lyon,watmough,stewart boys etc are great players however i cant se lyon or chocl eaving manly and the other 2 we dont need for their price tag.

the only bloke i really hope we sign from manly is foran. we dont have any quality 5/8 and have had roberts and keating ffs. time for some quality.

our only product who looked good at 5/8 in siezer took the big pay day and chance to play first grade with titans and now will likely not anyway with carney going there.

foran in my opinion is exactly what we need and lack and im sure des see's that too.

Thanks for not bagging us, we are very sensitive about how good our team is after we won the comp and the doggiesbrah finished who the f**k cares. We have been very worried that the doggirebrah team is better :roll::roll::roll::roll:

For the record: Matia is better than any centre you can muster up. Ballin> Ennis. T-Rex>Pritchard. You'd be lucky to get them,oh wait they all have Des leaving clauses so they're all yours right? Anyone in the team you, DoggiesBro, wants will be signed, sealed and delivered asap.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
So it sounds like you're keen on signing these get out clause players? Implying that they are (and they are) better than your current trash crop? In stark contrast to your previous claims that the dogs side is better than Manly's (can't make the finals, let alone win the thing, with a better squad....... :-k). I thought signing Des was the last piece in the puzzle and he woudl unleash all the 'potential' at the dogs :lol:

Hrmm guess you cant read so ill post it again for you.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Thanks for not bagging us, we are very sensitive about how good our team is after we won the comp and the doggiesbrah finished who the f**k cares. We have been very worried that the doggirebrah team is better :roll::roll::roll::roll:

For the record: Matia is better than any centre you can muster up. Ballin> Ennis. T-Rex>Pritchard. You'd be lucky to get them,oh wait they all have Des leaving clauses so they're all yours right? Anyone in the team you, DoggiesBro, wants will be signed, sealed and delivered asap.

LOL CLASSIC.

Keep going mate, your an out and out clown.

oval

Juniors
Yeah that will be good, as long as our fans aren't spat on or have things thrown at them, then the rivalry should be awesome.

There are always a handful of fans who do stupid shit, and unfortunately no club is immune to idiocy. Some Bulldog fans got spat on? If I saw a Manly supporter spitting I'd grab him/her and tell them to settle the f**k down!

I remember a few years ago (2006 maybe), walking down the back of the hill at Brookvale after getting beaten by the Dogs, and looking up to see some Dogs fans going apeshit at some manly fans just in front of me, throwing cans down at us and getting super fired up. Some of them tried coming down the hill to get stuck in, but it was too wet and slippery...

Dunno what the point is to this story but it will forever stick in my mind. Not that it bothered me - it was a fitting end to an intense day.

There are always a handful of fans who do stupid shit, and unfortunately no club is immune to idiocy. Some Bulldog fans got spat on? If I saw a Manly supporter spitting I'd grab him/her and tell them to settle the f**k down!

I remember a few years ago (2006 maybe), walking down the back of the hill at Brookvale after getting beaten by the Dogs, and looking up to see some Dogs fans going apeshit at some manly fans just in front of me, throwing cans down at us and getting super fired up. Some of them tried coming down the hill to get stuck in, but it was too wet and slippery...

Dunno what the point is to this story but it will forever stick in my mind. Not that it bothered me - it was a fitting end to an intense day.

Yeah, I don't know why but the NRL in general seems to have some f**ked up fans, who do some extremely stupid shit.

Edit: thats good news ceagle.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
oran and fullback Brett Stewart both have special riders written into their contracts allowing them to leave Brookvale should Hasler not be at the helm.

what happened to them not having clauses if hes not at the helm? LOL

classic.

Hopefully Foran has a chat with Des. Other then that will see what Des has up his sleeve ;)

ceagle

Bench
oran and fullback Brett Stewart both have special riders written into their contracts allowing them to leave Brookvale should Hasler not be at the helm.

what happened to them not having clauses if hes not at the helm? LOL

classic.

Hopefully Foran has a chat with Des. Other then that will see what Des has up his sleeve ;)

You can have oran, whoever he is.

Last edited:

Latest posts