What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

Big Pete

Referee
Not really, guy has proven himself at Test level on a number of occasions and was a big part of the Dogs success in 2009. He should be a better player than what he is but when he isn't struggling with injuries all season like he was this year, he's one of the better players in the game.

Tolman is also probably one of the best young props in the game (I'd take him over Mannah, just), has a great work-load and should only get better as he gets older.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
LOL, rose and kite over tolman and graham classic has to be the funniest thing ive heard. a bloke whos been droped 2 bench, the other plays 5 mins vs two 60 min props who both will play rep games, one named prop of the world two or three times.
ballin over ennis almost as good for a laugh.
trex over pritchard is not far short of one of the funniest things ive heard though. talk about a guy who has 1 good game now and then, trex is massively overrated and pritchard was very good for the dogs in defense all year and pretty useful in attack even though most of the year the coach played him inclose which is not the way pritchard plays. none the less please keep going with your comedian show.

You still around Dogiz Bro? Thought you would have taken off after copping it yesterday. :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tolman's good, not great, Pritchard is far too inconsistent and Ennis is just a grub. Behind Smith, Ballin is the best hooker going round and while Rose isn't a top class prop (in fact neither are King or Kite), they perform consistently and do the job that is needed. Rose might only play 30 odd minutes a week but his impact in those minutes is pretty substantial and he's good value. Tolman would be on twice the money Rose is on and I highly doubt the dogs are getting twice the return.

:lol: "I think these players are better", "throwaway line about how good our player is but theirs isn't"

Please. Talent is subjective. If Des can get a premiership out of our squad, eggs on your face.

In fact if Dymock does it, this thread is full of lols...

Garts

Bench
If memory serves me correctly Manly chased Pritchard pretty hard before he signed his last contract with Penrith. If Des wanted him he knew he could get the best from him. Whilst I think he is lazy bludger at the moment Des will tap into something and he will more than likely end up devastating. I rate Tolman, not flashy but gets through a shitload of work, Des will love him.

betcats

Referee
If memory serves me correctly Manly chased Pritchard pretty hard before he signed his last contract with Penrith. If Des wanted him he knew he could get the best from him. Whilst I think he is lazy bludger at the moment Des will tap into something and he will more than likely end up devastating. I rate Tolman, not flashy but gets through a shitload of work, Des will love him.

The force is strong in Des, he will make Frank his padawan:sarcasm:.

I Dont see Pritchard changing from the player he is, its far from more then likely imo.

40Twenty

Juniors
wow you can't read can you? sorry the education system in this country failed you so badly. I think if you squint really, REALLY hard at my post you'll see I said I would trade rose and/or kite for tolman. Graham is irrelevant as he wasn't there this year so I have no idea why you even brought him up. LOL@you.

You can put a spin on this as much as you want but the fact remains:
T-Rex over Pritchard. Pritchard plays 5 games a year in a 26 odd game season. T-Rex offers you more and more often.
Ballin over Ennis. Consistency, fitness and workrate vs niggle. Oh yeah, and a Premiership. Sorry, TWO Premierships. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder which I'd prefer? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: @you

Seriously think about what you're saying. You are LAUGHING at the comparison, yet the players you're saying are soooo much better have yet to win one Premiership. Have yet to even make a GF. Have failed to make the finals 2 out of the last 3 years at their clubs. You can keep your 'better' players and lack of success, I think I'd prefer the 'worse' players who win my club Grand Finals thanks. Your arguement is pathetic and stupid and so are you. You are a joke. LOL@you.

THAT's ALL....GOLD HAHAHAHA

BUBBLE, DELUDED 2 key words of a Dogs fan, funny thing is i meet hundreds that think like him hahaha

DoggiesBro

Juniors
You do realise BRO BRO that your sik side hasn't made finals in years with all these players you mention in it bar Graham playing hack league haha?
DOGS of FAILURE?

BUBBLE
DELUDED

LOL, yeh tolman, pritchard, eastwood (2 years first year we made the semis) 1 year, graham yet to play (still rated prop of the world be it in superleague or not. not like they dont make good forwards ellis/burgess/morley etc its the halves, back that suck)

Titles in the last decade? nuffie. LOL

ByRd

First Grade
If anyone thinks Franky only had 4-5 good games this year, they obliviously didnt watch us play. He was consistently one of our best (even if it wasnt that hard to be lol) and put in nearly every game, people are just stuck onto that perception of him but he was more into it this year in a team well done on form most of the year.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
wow you can't read can you? sorry the education system in this country failed you so badly. I think if you squint really, REALLY hard at my post you'll see I said I would trade rose and/or kite for tolman. Graham is irrelevant as he wasn't there this year so I have no idea why you even brought him up. LOL@you.

You can put a spin on this as much as you want but the fact remains:
T-Rex over Pritchard. Pritchard plays 5 games a year in a 26 odd game season. T-Rex offers you more and more often.
Ballin over Ennis. Consistency, fitness and workrate vs niggle. Oh yeah, and a Premiership. Sorry, TWO Premierships. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder which I'd prefer? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: @you

Seriously think about what you're saying. You are LAUGHING at the comparison, yet the players you're saying are soooo much better have yet to win one Premiership. Have yet to even make a GF. Have failed to make the finals 2 out of the last 3 years at their clubs. You can keep your 'better' players and lack of success, I think I'd prefer the 'worse' players who win my club Grand Finals thanks. Your arguement is pathetic and stupid and so are you. You are a joke. LOL@you.

LOL, so now tolman will make the squad, ah graham is contracted to the dogs so again will clearly be there. nuffie.

Ennis and work rate? LOL he averaged 40 odd tackles a game, and plays 80 minutes of the same effort LOL do you watch football you gumbie?

LOL at trex offering more and consistent he did nothing till the finals and pritchard is an absolute weapon and again if u WATCHED football you'd know he was outstanding for the dogs in defense and pretty good in attack, and again just like your "who has won titles" crap. this doesnt come down to ennis vs ballin or trex vs pritchard. this come down to we have KEATING feeding pritchard, feeding morris and creating (nothing), you have FORAN.

Switch keating and foran and it would be a massive difference. You ever seen pritchard play outside foran? you ever see tony williams play outside keating? LOL

oh and lets not forget we had Kevin Moore as coach who told hodkinson to play a game he didn't feel comfortable in, had pritchard as up the middle prop type forward, had chosen keating to play 5/8. you HAD Des. Times will change

you my friend need to watch football instead of dribbling utter shit.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
How many premierships have Tolman and Graham won?

Kite's a dual premiership winner and CC medalist. I think most props would retire happily with those achievements. Add 10 origins and 14 test matches and he's got Tolman beaten in a canter.

Pritchard is a great player, but only for about 4 or 5 games a year. Face it, the Bulldogs' forward pack is average at best.

Yeh, props win titles.

Tolman is how old? LOL at kite over tolman.

Guess Shane Perry is a better halfback then Cronk, he has a title afterall.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Have you ever seen Graham play?

Eastwood, if he can stay injury free is a world class player.

They also have some of the best young forwards in the competition.

Their pack is fine, they just need to get rid of the dead wood.

Well said, Graham, Eastwood, Tolman, Pritchard are all great players.

Stagg, Halatau solid without being stars.

Kasiano ,Taupau names to watch.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Tolman's good, not great, Pritchard is far too inconsistent and Ennis is just a grub. Behind Smith, Ballin is the best hooker going round and while Rose isn't a top class prop (in fact neither are King or Kite), they perform consistently and do the job that is needed. Rose might only play 30 odd minutes a week but his impact in those minutes is pretty substantial and he's good value. Tolman would be on twice the money Rose is on and I highly doubt the dogs are getting twice the return.

So rose is on around 110k? WOW.

Tolman plays 60-70 minutes, yeh we get twice the return.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Not really, guy has proven himself at Test level on a number of occasions and was a big part of the Dogs success in 2009. He should be a better player than what he is but when he isn't struggling with injuries all season like he was this year, he's one of the better players in the game.

Tolman is also probably one of the best young props in the game (I'd take him over Mannah, just), has a great work-load and should only get better as he gets older.

Good to see someone who isn't blind by hate and completely geniused. Based on this year though McGuire would be the best young prop.

DoggiesBro

Juniors

Well done mate, hats off to you, first decent post by a Manly fan.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
If anyone thinks Franky only had 4-5 good games this year, they obliviously didnt watch us play. He was consistently one of our best (even if it wasnt that hard to be lol) and put in nearly every game, people are just stuck onto that perception of him but he was more into it this year in a team well done on form most of the year.

Yeh called him on that already he needs to watch football, but then again he said he thinks rose is compareable to tolman based on pay and amount the do.

LOL Tolman on 220kish a year means rose is on 110k a year. Rose plays 20-30 minutes. Tolman plays 60-70. LOL guy cant do maths either.

Latest posts