What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

Which Bulldog performed better than their Manly counterpart when the Bulldogs were thrashed 38-6 this season.

It'll probably still be 8-7 in the Dogs favour yeah?

woodyk2

First Grade
Lol, again i'm not going to waste alot of time here but, this guy doesn't seem to understand that certain dog players are better then certain manly players. as a team as whole no they are not because manly have a good core of players the dogs lack in a key position where they have a new zealand international and possible in my opinion one of the best young 5/8s running round. ive said this 10 times not in any position do i think the dogs have it ALL over manly however manly have a 5/8 that could clean his ass with ours and this really adds a whole lot more to manly as a team.

this effects in more ways then just our kicking and general game, e.g no point having a pretty talented centre outside of keating. you can have inglis outside of keating still won't be anywhere near as good as he is outside of lockyer, foran, cronk etc.

Not only that they have (for now) a coach who is extremely good, however we had kev moore (love his passion for the dogs but not a good coach clearly) to insult a guy like pritchard by saying tony williams is better is an out and out joke, t rex has had one good finals run before then was meh, pritchard has proven many years that he is a good player and has always been one of the best forwards just lacked consistency, this year he was consistently good for us. which is all we can ask.

the props we have for the next couple years will be a great platform and we have the backrowers to match most too. throw in ennis, hodkinson, babrba and hopefully over the next year or 2 we pick up a maloney or foran and we have a very good team. not to mention pretty young overall with one of the best coaches in the game.

further more i don't know about you, but i'd rather my team be building to something while being the most dominate nsw team as far as money goes and training, coaching etc being the best then a club with a title in 2011 and on the verge of going broke. re-sign all you want however if the things keep going the way they are it will be bye bye manly.
Sorry ....there are currently NO better dogs players than any Manly players....in all positions. I tried to be unbiased but couldnt come up with any.I thought i could slot Tolman in there but couldnt work out who he would replace.Bench?

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Which Bulldog performed better than their Manly counterpart when the Bulldogs were thrashed 38-6 this season.

It'll probably still be 8-7 in the Dogs favour yeah?

Does that make a season?

How about the game where the dog's just lost when manly where in red hot form and we lost our halfback halfway through the game and were leading till then? I'd say about 3/4 of the squad were...

Wouldnt you?

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Sorry ....there are currently NO better dogs players than any Manly players....in all positions. I tried to be unbiased but couldnt come up with any.I thought i could slot Tolman in there but couldnt work out who he would replace.Bench?

Either starting prop for Manly for tolman quiet easily. Ennis again easily.

Graham again.

Pritchard would be starting, Barba would make the bench easily.

Turner would certainly be on the other wing now hoppa is gone and robertson.

I'd expect a unfit injured ridden Eastwood would also knock off the likes of 5 minutes Rose.

Ladmate

Bench
Either starting prop for Manly for tolman quiet easily. Ennis again easily.

Graham again.

Pritchard would be starting, Barba would make the bench easily.

Turner would certainly be on the other wing now hoppa is gone and robertson.

I'd expect a unfit injured ridden Eastwood would also knock off the likes of 5 minutes Rose.

It's cheating if you put Barba on the bench. He's your fullback, not your 14...

dogslife

Coach

You failed. You've got the maroon and white goggles on if you think every single one of Manly's 17 is better than every single one of the Dogs 17. There weren't many people in the country who thought Jason King deserved his origin spot ahead of Tolman, that's just one

Does that make a season?

How about the game where the dog's just lost when manly where in red hot form and we lost our halfback halfway through the game and were leading till then? I'd say about 3/4 of the squad were...

Wouldnt you?

Hmm, 3/4 of the squad were outperforming Manly yet your team still lost by 11 points. Embarassing.

You should really quit before you fall even further behind. You're pointlessly trying to argue that your team is better on paper. Fact is your team was average and missed the finals this season.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Hmm, 3/4 of the squad were outperforming Manly yet your team still lost by 11 points. Embarassing.

You should really quit before you fall even further behind. You're pointlessly trying to argue that your team is better on paper. Fact is your team was average and missed the finals this season.

Yeh add the fact again, we lost our halfback and without him we have no half worth mentioning.

Plain and simple.

Again people can dribble all they want but if you compare Graham Ennis Tolman Pritchard Eastwood Stagg/Halatau

too King Ballin Rose/Kite Watmough Tony Williams and Stewart that isn't exactly a HUGE diff i would say manly have the better backrow with bulldogs have the better props (by a long way) and hooker.

Manly in 2012 backline with lyon a out and out gun, matai solid yet stupid, and two unknown wingers now hoppa/robertson gone (who i admit are better then any dog winger in 2012) turner would easily be 1 and id expect the young kidd oldfield is quiet solid. Although in saying that Morris is playing for australia again and despite what people might say about his form he is a class centre. Lets see how he goes with a Lockyer or Thurston feeding ball instead of Keating. Stewart is a solid fullback who is one of the best ones in the game. I also think Barba will be over the next few years become the next genuine superstar.

In saying all this the thing that is a HUGE factor is 1 the coach which we have addressed the other is 5/8 who helps run the plays and also helps with feeding centres. Keating doesnt do either all he offers is a handy support player.

If you took Foran out of Manly and swaped him with Keating do you think Morris would look alot better? I do.

Besides all this it was never about these players it was purely that if these clubs were merged there is no way i nthe world Tolman, Graham, Ennis, Pritchard, Eastwood, Barba, Turner would be left out of the starting 17. thats 7 to start with.

You could argue on Matai vs Morris but in 2009 Morris would of been one of the first centres picked. 2010 injured a bit, was still solid yet the only 5/8 then Roberts was injured most of the year, 2011 was severely down on form but again had a bad injury and no class 5/8. I think it is personal taste.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
You failed. You've got the maroon and white goggles on if you think every single one of Manly's 17 is better than every single one of the Dogs 17. There weren't many people in the country who thought Jason King deserved his origin spot ahead of Tolman, that's just one

And was dropped after his massive 7 metres? or 6?

Again people can dribble all they want

You just can't seem to help yourself. How can you be so disillusioned after your team was abysmal this season?

Out of the 7 Bulldogs you think would be certain picks I would cut Ennis and Barber instantly.

1. B. Stewart
2. Turner
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. D. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Tolman
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Galavao
13. G. Stewart

14. Graham
15. Kite
16. T. Williams
17. Buhrer

DoggiesBro

Juniors
You just can't seem to help yourself. How can you be so disillusioned after your team was abysmal this season?

Out of the 7 Bulldogs you think would be certain picks I would cut Ennis and Barber instantly.

1. B. Stewart
2. Turner
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. D. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Tolman
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Galavao
13. G. Stewart

14. Graham
15. Kite
16. T. Williams
17. Buhrer

LOL im dilusional? You have king over graham, you have kite and buhrer ahead of pritchard and eastwood. you have galavaou ove r pritchard for f**k sake LOL.

1. Stewart
2. Turner
3. Lyon
4. Morris/Matai (again personal choice)
5. Wolfman
6. Foran
7. DCE (although 2nd year syndrom may yet strike)
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Watmough
12. Pritchard
12. Stewart

14. Barba
15. King
16. Eastwood
17. T Rex

worst case is 7 even if matai was picked and dce was picked.

Although if im as biased as you i'd probz say king cay Morris walks in over Matai due to not clutching every 2nd tackle, dce will certianly have 2nd year syndrome, king and trex will be caught in a gay bar and banished from league for ever leaving it for stagg and halatau. Thats if i was as biased as you of cause.

MSIH

Bench
How is it cheating? If you were to merge the two teams as said at the start he would plain and simple take over the role of utility on the bench.

Who was Manly's utility? We don't use them, Barba wouldn't make the Premiership winning side. Mind you, Matai is 1000 leagues better than Josh Morris, so you've got nothing.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Who was Manly's utility? We don't use them, Barba wouldn't make the Premiership winning side. Mind you, Matai is 1000 leagues better than Josh Morris, so you've got nothing.

Again shows how one eyed you are. However as i said it doesn't really matter about the morris/matai discussion the 7 didn't include him.

Good work mate.

MSIH

Bench
Again shows how one eyed you are. However as i said it doesn't really matter about the morris/matai discussion the 7 didn't include him.

Good work mate.

You've rated Morris higher previously, so it does matter. Matai's so much better than Josh Morris it's laughable that someone could argue otherwise. You have though, and I'm not sure why I bothered replying; but I have, but won't anymore.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
You've rated Morris higher previously, so it does matter. Matai's so much better than Josh Morris it's laughable that someone could argue otherwise. You have though, and I'm not sure why I bothered replying; but I have, but won't anymore.

Yeh he is shit hey, like ennis they just make rep for state continually over better hookers then ballin and morris makes country again even after a shit season...

on that note how crap is watmough i mean he made it for australia! he has nothing on george rose who is killing it and plays 5 minutes a game!

Buddy, have 1 through to 17. You deserve them. Im glad that a squad that finished 9th gives you so much joy.

Im happy with the 17 we have for next year. Obviously because most of them contributed to becoming the reigning premiers. Also 7 of those 17 have won 2 premierships with the club.

I'll celebrate the memories my current squad have delivered. You can continue to celebrate your delusions.

woodyk2

First Grade
Wouldnt even have barbaa in the squad...cant tackle. Ennis better than Ballin? Oh please. Ennis makes to many mistakes and gives away to many penalties.Now that Hoppa and Robbo have gone i guess Morris could possibly slip in there.Tolman and Morris the only doggies...rest would be looking for another club.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Wouldnt even have barbaa in the squad...cant tackle. Ennis better than Ballin? Oh please. Ennis makes to many mistakes and gives away to many penalties.Now that Hoppa and Robbo have gone i guess Morris could possibly slip in there.Tolman and Morris the only doggies...rest would be looking for another club.

LOL, how are you lot so dilusional and biased? Pritchard would walk into a starting spot, along with Tolman, Graham, Turner. Ennis is a far better hooker despite how much you guys hate him you can denie it all you want but he is in the 2nd group of hookers behind Smith. Ballin is in the 3rd. Ennis constantly beat's Farah in NSW sellection and there is no one foolish enough to say Ballin is better then Farah. Again accept it ot or be dilusional it doesn't change the fact Ennis is far better.

Barba and Eastwood would at worst make bench.

Your saying Morris not me although as i said it would come down to personal choice on Morris we all know with a quality 5/8 he will go good.

Latest posts