What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Although the ep with the "kiddie fiddler" had me standing and cheering in my living room.

I felt a bit silly afterwards...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Although the ep with the "kiddie fiddler" had me standing and cheering in my living room.

I felt a bit silly afterwards...

No prizes for guessing what happens in that episode....And I haven't seen any third season episodes yet.

MSIH

Bench
Pretty average show. I've got a mate who loves it, he probably loves it as much as he loves dudes. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty average.

I don't take his opinion on shows, music, movies as seriously as I once did due to him raving about Dexter.

4.5/10

Simo

First Grade
I know this is late to the thread but I was in the process of watching when you were talking about it and didnt want to spoilt it for myself.

LOVE it.

Series 1 - 9.5/10, was so hooked, kinda picked the ice truck killer towards the end.

Series 2 - 10/10, couldnt believe id like it even more, had everything.....cant believe Dexter didnt tell Doakes they are exaclty the same after he was caught, since Doakes killed that dude under the bridge cause of the terrible sh*t he did in the war.
Doakes was made out to be an inncoent towards the end!

Series 3 - 8/10, still loved it just a little down, Jimmy Smitts character was well and truely ready to go......and Deb should have been best man from the start! Was pissed off when he asked that annoying Pada (Prado?)!

Seems to be a love or hate it show. Funny I saw a million previews when it followd satisfaction but didnt seem to nudge my intrest meter at all, then recomoended by someone so I though ok, nothing else to watch and man turned out to be one of my all time fav's.

Easily into my top 10.

I was lucky to not have to wait for it each week having the whole series to watch in one go. I seriously had to force myself to go to sleep some nights or id be up all night!

Spud

Juniors
Just finished watching season 1 DVD, and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the other seasons yet but felt it was a bit predictable.

I figured pretty early on that the ice truck killer would be a evil brother (though I had his father as an outsider). Still good show, better than most on TV.

El Diablo

Post Whore
my rankings by season

Season 1
Season 3
Season 2

one of the best shows on TV. wish they'd never killed Doakes though

Simo

First Grade
my rankings by season

Season 1
Season 3
Season 2

one of the best shows on TV. wish they'd never killed Doakes though

Really, you put 2 below 3?

I agree about Doakes but part of why it was so good was how far it got between him and Dexter and how close he was to turning himself in.
There would be no way out of it for him to live.

However I miss the funnyness of Doakes giving Dexter sh*t!

El Diablo

Post Whore
yeah

season 2 seemed to drag out for me

Doakes couldn't be kept knowing that Dexter was the Bay Harbour Butcher, but i miss his character

AILD

Bench
i agree. 3 is way better then 2.

that english chick...i forget her name in the show....but she was annoying.

Phillips

Referee
season 3 was very disapointing

nothing comes close to season 1.

they miss a character like doakes badly.

AILD

Bench
also..not sure if its been mentioned before... but michael c hall actually married the chick that plays his sister in the show.

perverse

Referee
good on him. deb is pretty hot... in her own quirky way. shame about the lack of chesticles... but yeah.

Latest posts