What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

Danish

Referee
Ep2 just proves why this is my favourite show on TV. All the guesses and ideas I had as to what was going to happen this season are just tossed out the window in the first minute. Its like the writers openly mock the fans for even trying to predict what is going to happen :lol:

Vogel being Harry's friend and confidant on Dexter's upbringing is just a masterstroke. I did not see it coming at all, and it gives the show a creepy "Pyscho" angle now. The weird as f**k motherly caress at the end...

Deb's story is also progressing awesomely. Love that she is now killing people but completely on emotion. She is basically the opposite of Dexter.

The rest of the cast are going to tie in well too at some stage. Batista has promise if they push the LaGuerta stuff, and now that Deb is off the rails and the've shown he is still interested in her Quin becomes more interesting... but Batista's sister? f**k her off quick, boring as (she is barely even hot too... Seeing every goddamned bone in her ribcage when nude makes it look like I'm watching a 13 y.o).

I make it a point never to watch the preview of next weeks episode, so really don't know where its going next... and I don't really care. This is the best written show in TV IMO. 8 seasons in and all characters are still recognisably them while showing plenty of development, and not a single pathetic "twist for twist's sake" tossed in either.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Ep2 just proves why this is my favourite show on TV. All the guesses and ideas I had as to what was going to happen this season are just tossed out the window in the first minute. Its like the writers openly mock the fans for even trying to predict what is going to happen :lol:

Vogel being Harry's friend and confidant on Dexter's upbringing is just a masterstroke. I did not see it coming at all, and it gives the show a creepy "Pyscho" angle now. The weird as f**k motherly caress at the end...

Deb's story is also progressing awesomely. Love that she is now killing people but completely on emotion. She is basically the opposite of Dexter.

The rest of the cast are going to tie in well too at some stage. Batista has promise if they push the LaGuerta stuff, and now that Deb is off the rails and the've shown he is still interested in her Quin becomes more interesting... but Batista's sister? f**k her off quick, boring as (she is barely even hot too... Seeing every goddamned bone in her ribcage when nude makes it look like I'm watching a 13 y.o).

I make it a point never to watch the preview of next weeks episode, so really don't know where its going next... and I don't really care. This is the best written show in TV IMO. 8 seasons in and all characters are still recognisably them while showing plenty of development, and not a single pathetic "twist for twist's sake" tossed in either.

Haha, yeah. Man it keeps getting better every episode. The last episode was so good.

LESStar58

Referee
Just started watching season 8. Didn't expect the end of episode 1.

And Batista's sister has a sweet, sweet arse!

Danish

Referee
ok.... I am kind of getting worried as to how they are going to wrap this up now...

I am a bit over all the Hannah stuff. She is an awesome character and I think there is good potential with her still... but I'm worried we are heading towards a happy ending in South America, which to be honest would be nothing short of the writers taking a steaming dump on the entire series.

The other thing that is bugging me is from the Zach storyline, specifically the blood on under the fingernails. Who are they implying frames Zach? Quinn? Doesn't seem like it since he dropped Zach immediately as a suspect and went after Oliver once he became most likely. If the implication is that Oliver planted it there, then surely he'd have been more helpful when Quin showed him a photo of Zach as a potential suspect. Hopefully they tidy up that loose end in the next episode.

To be honest the last couple episodes, almost since Hannah came back really have been a little all over the shop. The first 6 episodes were all absolutely brilliant, whereas these last few have been a bit too dramatic in how many twists and turns they are trying to shoehorn in there.

Regardless, I have faith that it will all wrap up neatly and awesomely in these last remaining episodes.

Can't believe there are only 3 episodes to go. Going to be truly devastating when this and Breaking bad finish

PJ

First Grade
For mine this season has been hit and miss, being more miss than hit.

Glad it is finishing now, possibly went a year too long.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Holy shit, balls f**k stain. Did anyone see it ending that way. I'm a bit sad they killed Deb even though she annoyed me so much. Kind of fine with the fact Dex didn't get a happy ever after, but survived so you could ponder him carrying on with his hobby

Hopefully now that the shows over the books will go back to being great. They have been absolute shithouse since the second one.

azzah72

Bench
I was really disappointed with the ending and the last season in general .... it was just dumb!

Especially compared to how breaking bad is ending!

Chalk & Cheese.

Danish

Referee
I really liked the final 2 episodes, right up until the last 2 minutes of the finale

Seriously what a weak ass f**king move just having Dexter somehow alive at the end, with absolutely zero explanation as to how he possibly survived, or even a single word of f**king monologue from him to wrap up his situation.

Killing Deb, the call to Hannah and Harrison, it was all building up wonderfully to a suicide, and instead its just a f**king scam for him to keep living. The whole last season was about him finally becoming human, then with 90 seconds to go he's just back to being a psychopath again.

Quinn and Angel needed to play a bigger part in this finale. Quinn should have been the one to kill Saxon, and Angel should have uncovered Dexter's past. We got zero closure on any of the supporting characters (the whole Quinn vs Matthews thing that had been building up over Zach would have been interesting to hear the end of, for example) and it just freaking ended.

From the highs of the Trinity killer season this show really lost its way. When you compare this season to the last season of Breaking Bad, for example, you can see that the writers of Dexter honestly had no idea how they were going to end this show before this season started and just tried to piece something together

PJ

First Grade
Absolute waste of a series.

Pathetic way to end it.

The way the showrunner for the first 4? series had it planned was so much better.

I really wish I hadn't watched this series at all.

Blade23

Juniors
Very disappointing ending, In the future any re runs I see of Dexter I will stop at the end of season 4.

Bubbles

Juniors
I feel so ripped off by the last episode/season of one of my favourite shows. Before the season began I heard something about how the Dexter people wanted to wrap it up end of season 8, but that Showtime were pushing them to go around for one more season and make a season 9. What it looked like to me was that they were caught in between these two scenarios until quite late in the peace and by then it was too late to give us a well rounded satisfying ending to the show. For example, thought Saxon would have made an awesome serial killer adversary for Dexter yet he was introduced so late that they couldn't do anything with him - could they have been thinking into a further season and were setting him up to be the final season adversary?

I know I could well be wrong and no, it was all resolved before the season even began, but if this is the case then the writers smoked too much crack or something, because it was a horrible season to end a long running and much loved show with. It is absolutely absurd Angel didn't know or at least suspect at the end (that video had Dexter looking way too unemotional and cool as a cucumber to not have stabbed one or two folk before). Ok, the whole premise of the show requires the viewer to take a leap straight off the bat, but the leaps required to wrap up that final episode into a neat box, way too much and frankly, treated the viewers like idiots which they haven't really done before - soooooooo let down.

AND I used to compare this show with Breaking Bad but over time BB has gone so so far above and beyond that it craps on Dexter from a very great height.

HowHigh

Coach
That was quite a disappointing ending to what was once a quality show.
I thought he was going to jump overboard while holding Debra and kill himself.
Can't believe nobody else found out about him being a killer too..thought after that video it may have led to it.

I actually found this final season pretty boring...had been falling behind on episodes cause I cbf but watched the last 3 today.

franklin2323

Immortal
I could of handled if it ended when the screen faded to black. The horse shit after made me think what a waste of 8 years

LESStar58

Referee
I am heartbroken. The entire time I was yelling at the screen for him not to pull the plug. Can't say I saw point of the epilogue either.

azzah72

Bench
It was terrible.

This season should of been batista going through lagueatas notes and seeing the connection about dexter and the bhb.

And then it should of been a man hunt with deb caught in the middle.

How it ended, who knows but that should of been the premise, not introducing a bunch of characters no one gives a f**k about and trying to make it work.

There was no end game here.

Blade23

Juniors
I think most people after seeing a few seasons would have thought in the end Dexter was going to get caught and get the electric chair.
Or he was going to get caught but somehow escape with help.
Or he was going to get away with it and in the last episode 10 years in the future, we would see Dexter take Harrison into the woods (just like Harry did) and explain Harry’s code to him.

The problem was, the series had so many writers with their fingers in the pie they forgot what the series was about.
Zach was a wasted opportunity.
I mean who gives a shit about Masuka’s daughter; his character was better as a horny pervert.

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
What a horse shit end to what was once a pretty decent show.

You'd think that the ending would be a tense finish with Batista etc. hunting down Dexter or finally figuring out he's the BHB. But instead we're supposed to worry about his serial killer girlfriend getting out of the country. Such a piss take.

So many useless characters and ridiculous plot holes. Why the f**k was Masuka's daughter even there? What happened to the chick that got the Sergeants job over Quinn? How does Dexter just kill his sister, walk the body out of the hospital and then get it onto the boat without one person stopping him.

It's been shit since Rita died and probably should have stopped shortly after that.

I'm only one episode into the last season of Breaking Bad and that's already had more tension than the last 4 seasons of Dexter combined.